Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.
I was thinking about the whole problem with tales from the crypt, and how there can never be a remake or streamed on HBO because everything is in rights hell. How can the cryptkeeper have separate rights than the actual show, since he was the continuous aspect of the show? For that matter, how can music that was played in the show no longer be part of the show? That seems like an actor no longer wanting to be associated with a movie, and preventing its release purely because they are in it. I guess I always assumed that if something (a puppet or a song or an actor) was part of a piece of entertainment it would have been contractually arranged for it to be part of it in perpetuity. I have no idea what Bruce Springsteen songs have been in movies, but as he has sold his music catalog to Sony, can they now say "gently caress you (insert sony competitor studio) movie with Bruce Springsteen song, you no longer get to be viewed unless song x comes out!"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU