Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best and most effective lunch time?
high noon, fuckers
maybe 11:00 (aka tiffin)
2 o'clock
other?
i'm a huge rat bastard and i think taking a lunch is theft from my boss
View Results

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Skim Milk posted:

that's posting time my man

oh, right! way ahead of you then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Skim Milk posted:

5pm? beep you sound like a loving cop. are you a cop? you have to tell me

i’m a zoning engineer.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

can’t even snype my own thread. end it now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

President Beep posted:

i’m a zoning engineer.

i also make maps on the electric typewriter

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

my team loosely follows some agile bullshit just so we can tell other teams "uhh idk we'll prioritize your ticket in the next sprint!" and we legit budget about 4 hours a day of actual work

if you can get your 4 done and dont have any meetings eating up the clock I say do whatever

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

my team loosely follows some agile bullshit just so we can tell other teams "uhh idk we'll prioritize your ticket in the next sprint!" and we legit budget about 4 hours a day of actual work

if you can get your 4 done and dont have any meetings eating up the clock I say do whatever

i have to at least maintain the appearance of working hard all day otherwise some chud will pop out of my desk drawer or something and start screaming about his tax dollars and liberty and poo poo.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

i have to at least maintain the appearance of working hard all day otherwise some chud will pop out of my desk drawer or something and start screaming about his tax dollars and liberty and poo poo.

you got an office though, right?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

you got an office though, right?

i do yeah.

also in reality i do work hard and care about my job very much because im a huge dumbass idiot.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

i do yeah.

also in reality i do work hard and care about my job very much because im a huge dumbass idiot.

that's always the problem

you want to take pride in your work as it is a reflection on your person but you dont want to get fleeced by some dumb idiots in charge

hopefully in government its not so bad 🤷🏼‍♀️ i would hope some county rear end in a top hat isnt getting rich on you rubber-stamping a parking lot or whatever

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

usually on the way to work op

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

President Beep posted:

i’m a zoning engineer.

if you engineer yourself up a p’zone you don’t even need to plan a time

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pro tip if you’re the first person in every morning you can just leave whenever you like

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

jesus WEP posted:

pro tip you can just leave whenever you like

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

MononcQc posted:

yeah gently caress it I want my night free (to stare at the good screen)

its this

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

pro tip if you’re the first person in every morning you can just leave whenever you like

proest tip. if you’re the last person in you can leave once the first person leaves

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Vomik posted:

proest tip. if you’re the last person in you can leave once the first person leaves

you can just leave. you don't need to worry about who was there first or last

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
went to lunch at 11:45 today and here was not a long line at the food truck.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Lightbulb Out posted:

you can just leave. you don't need to worry about who was there first or last

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1125839557352742913?s=21

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

real wisdom in da share zone.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i like to go to lunch around 1 or 2. Sometimes i don't actually go OUT but i just take a nap in the phone rooms.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

sometimes lunch can be a nap is what i'm sayin

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i've taken a nap or two at work before; was needs suiting

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

eat lunch at your desk then make a big production out of going to the gym at 2pm ftw

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
ugh i probably should have just taken a nap for lunch today.

uh anyway beep in response to your question i think it fully depends on the day i'm having tbh. some days the morning's just been a huge turd and i'm hungry and want to get the gently caress out of the office immediately and i'll peel out shortly after 11. other days if i'm happily productive or something i'll be fine going at like 1 or 1:30 so i get that short post-lunch period. sometimes i leave around noon though just because i'm afraid if i stick around i'll get roped into doing something that takes until like 2pm and then i'll be grumpy.

i'll be honest, if i go out to lunch i often deliberately pick a place that i think will be more quiet, because part of the appeal of going out for lunch from work is the chance to get away from other people. i've been noticing myself wanting to do so more and more even though it's not the best decision for my wallet or my body.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
But, what is the best time to take brunch?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

usually in at 9 and leave at 1330 or 1400 for an hour. my office is in an isolated building and i like the chance to get away from the fishbowl for a while.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

reporting for duty at 1400 to fly a drone and bomb a child’s birthday party. it was a 3 martini lunch :smug:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Doom Mathematic posted:

But, what is the best time to take brunch?

i gotta brunch of deez nuts right here

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
If I get up for lunch someone might steal my chair and my desk and my job, though?

:ohdear:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

win win op

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

can you really steal a job though? like if someone can take your job, was it really ever yours to begin with? something to think about.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I don’t think about it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it’s been 35 loving degrees for like 10 days straight it’s hot as gently caress outside why would you want to steal a job that’s out there

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

turns out that I do think about it. touché elder rotor, touché.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

it’s been 35 loving degrees for like 10 days straight it’s hot as gently caress outside why would you want to steal a job that’s out there

we’re not all farmers moo cow

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I wish i was a farmer

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

not like the "working hard at the crack of dawn" kind of farmer, I mean the "just letting the animals do whatever while i drink beer on the front porch and shoot cans" kind of farmer.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

not like the "working hard at the crack of dawn" kind of farmer, I mean the "just letting the animals do whatever while i drink beer on the front porch and shoot cans" kind of farmer.

wow. my dad was a farmer? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

instead of animals though it was his shady friends that weren't allowed inside the house. aka "garage friends"