Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best and most effective lunch time?
high noon, fuckers
maybe 11:00 (aka tiffin)
2 o'clock
other?
i'm a huge rat bastard and i think taking a lunch is theft from my boss
View Results

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

President Beep posted:

aka "garage friends"

that's what I call the mice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i wanna be a gentleman farmer also rotor

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

rotor posted:

I wish i was a farmer

I wish I was a little bit Ballmer
I wish I were a farmer
I wish I had a yurt that felt cozy, I'd be calmer

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

psiox posted:

I wish I were a farmer

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

gently caress this farmer bullshit

im here to say 11:30 is the pro-est time to eat lunch
    1. beats lunch rush
    2. everyone else is at lunch when you get back from lunch
    3. you dont bum-rush the underpaid service industry laborer the second they unlock the doors
    4. gently caress off moo cow

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
11:50

ten mins to walk home
pet the cat
eat some food
lie on the bed and maybe doze off for a few mins
make afternoon coffee
ten mins to walk back

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I have tried to always live within walking distance / short drive from work. being in my office is stressful. id lose it if I had to eat at my desk every day

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

farming sucks rear end

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

animals don’t even computer

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

I have tried to always live within walking distance / short drive from work. being in my office is stressful. id lose it if I had to eat at my desk every day

if only there were some option other than eating at your desk or eating at home :(

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cute t
a
s
t
y
a
nima
ls

Moo Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 4, 2020

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

computerized animal

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

psiox posted:

I wish I were a farmer

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
1pm

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Achmed Jones posted:

if only there were some option other than eating at your desk or eating at home :(

look I know this is the computer forum but not all of us like to think about sci-fi all the time

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

cute t
a
s
t
y
a
nima
ls

im the castyanl

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

cute t
a
s
t
y
a
nima
ls

:thunk:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wish i could see how my poll was doing. thanks awful app.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
whatever you do don't eat at your loving desk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

morning call always better with the orchestra of spoons hitting cereal bowls MUTE YOUR GOD drat MICS

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
11am is best, because it means you got in early and youre leaving early. you get the break room all to yourself and the cafeteria has no lines and hasnt run out of anything

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Before 12 is for farmers only.

12 is gym time since most people go for their lunch. So consequently for eating lunch after 13 is best so there are no crowds and once you're finished it's almost time to go home.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
how do you go to the gym mid work day?? it seems like you would be too tired to work after + sweaty

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
10:15 - roll in, tired as hell, somehow both greasy yet still wet from the shower at the same time
11:45 - 1:15 go to "lunch" which is coffee and cheez-its from the vending machine while playing video games
4:15 - time to go home

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PyPy posted:

how do you go to the gym mid work day?? it seems like you would be too tired to work after + sweaty
Like everyone else ITT my work consists of sitting on my rear end all day so it's not too difficult. Plus I find that it helps clear your head, if anything.

It was a pretty strange concept at the beginning for me too but showering seems to help.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
take lunch when the owner isn't looking

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

1-2 is pretty good in any reasonably dense urban area as you miss out on the initial wave of schmucks that got rear end in a top hat bosses that actually check that they take a half hour at noon exactly to the second

quote:

you bring a change of clothes to work out in and shower at the gym

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

not a check box poll, gas

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

anyway usually around 1 op

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

not a check box poll, gas

there’s an option‽?!

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
add me to the pile of 1pm folks. as mentioned before, the rush is gone and your day is almost done. it’s even better when you leave at 3 like my last job.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
11:30am op, you can close this thread now

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

2pm

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

i've been 1:30 pushing 2 for the last few weeks. idk if it's good but it's what's been happening

An cruiscin lan
Mar 4, 2020
Whiskey and OJ at 1 O clock sharp

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

just took lunch a bit in the late side. walked around, snapped some pictures, stopped by a little sandwich shop on my way back to the office. perfect timing. feeling good.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Pardot posted:

i've been 1:30 pushing 2 for the last few weeks. idk if it's good but it's what's been happening

its good op

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i don’t ‘take’ lunch as i am not a drug addict or alcoholic. i just binge eat carbs, fat, and salt and wash it down with sugar water every 30 mins or so

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

technically it’s not a binge if u never stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gentle Autist posted:

i don’t ‘take’ lunch as i am not a drug addict or alcoholic. i just binge eat carbs, fat, and salt and wash it down with sugar water every 30 mins or so