Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best and most effective lunch time?
high noon, fuckers
maybe 11:00 (aka tiffin)
2 o'clock
other?
i'm a huge rat bastard and i think taking a lunch is theft from my boss
View Results

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i take it at 11am so people think i came in early and dont bat an eye when i leave at 4 every day despite coming in at 9.

Silver Alicorn posted:

11am because places are ready for lunch but there’s no wait.

it's these two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

depending on the day you could probably pull off a 9:15a to 3:45p situation with an hour and a half lunch starting at 11a

your workflow just has to include running significant interference

_all these meetings_

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

the thought of coming back from lunch but still having most of my day in front of me sounds quite hellish tbh. I usually work until five so that’s a non-starter with me.

that's posting time my man

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

5pm? beep you sound like a loving cop. are you a cop? you have to tell me

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

my team loosely follows some agile bullshit just so we can tell other teams "uhh idk we'll prioritize your ticket in the next sprint!" and we legit budget about 4 hours a day of actual work

if you can get your 4 done and dont have any meetings eating up the clock I say do whatever

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

i have to at least maintain the appearance of working hard all day otherwise some chud will pop out of my desk drawer or something and start screaming about his tax dollars and liberty and poo poo.

you got an office though, right?

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

i do yeah.

also in reality i do work hard and care about my job very much because im a huge dumbass idiot.

that's always the problem

you want to take pride in your work as it is a reflection on your person but you dont want to get fleeced by some dumb idiots in charge

hopefully in government its not so bad 🤷🏼‍♀️ i would hope some county rear end in a top hat isnt getting rich on you rubber-stamping a parking lot or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

gently caress this farmer bullshit

im here to say 11:30 is the pro-est time to eat lunch
    1. beats lunch rush
    2. everyone else is at lunch when you get back from lunch
    3. you dont bum-rush the underpaid service industry laborer the second they unlock the doors
    4. gently caress off moo cow