Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best and most effective lunch time?
high noon, fuckers
maybe 11:00 (aka tiffin)
2 o'clock
other?
i'm a huge rat bastard and i think taking a lunch is theft from my boss
View Results

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
tell me what you think? sometimes i eat at lunchtime (ie noon) but sometimes later. sometimes earlier. sometimes not at all!

what's the best? when do i eat lunch to maximize energy and also make the work day seem shortest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Penisface posted:

this works unless i want to eat by my desk and check out a cool documentary on youtubes

same but listen to screamo full blast out of my altec lansing speakers

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

some surprisingly powerful answers itt. not what i expected. pretty impressive.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

theadder posted:

at 2 thank u op

your welcome.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the thought of coming back from lunch but still having most of my day in front of me sounds quite hellish tbh. I usually work until five so that’s a non-starter with me.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

that's posting time my man

oh, right! way ahead of you then.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

5pm? beep you sound like a loving cop. are you a cop? you have to tell me

i’m a zoning engineer.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

can’t even snype my own thread. end it now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

President Beep posted:

i’m a zoning engineer.

i also make maps on the electric typewriter

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

my team loosely follows some agile bullshit just so we can tell other teams "uhh idk we'll prioritize your ticket in the next sprint!" and we legit budget about 4 hours a day of actual work

if you can get your 4 done and dont have any meetings eating up the clock I say do whatever

i have to at least maintain the appearance of working hard all day otherwise some chud will pop out of my desk drawer or something and start screaming about his tax dollars and liberty and poo poo.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

you got an office though, right?

i do yeah.

also in reality i do work hard and care about my job very much because im a huge dumbass idiot.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

real wisdom in da share zone.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Doom Mathematic posted:

But, what is the best time to take brunch?

i gotta brunch of deez nuts right here

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

it’s been 35 loving degrees for like 10 days straight it’s hot as gently caress outside why would you want to steal a job that’s out there

we’re not all farmers moo cow

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

not like the "working hard at the crack of dawn" kind of farmer, I mean the "just letting the animals do whatever while i drink beer on the front porch and shoot cans" kind of farmer.

wow. my dad was a farmer? :thunk:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

instead of animals though it was his shady friends that weren't allowed inside the house. aka "garage friends"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

cute t
a
s
t
y
a
nima
ls

:thunk:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wish i could see how my poll was doing. thanks awful app.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

not a check box poll, gas

there’s an option‽?!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

just took lunch a bit in the late side. walked around, snapped some pictures, stopped by a little sandwich shop on my way back to the office. perfect timing. feeling good.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The goal as someone who touches computers is to be as efficient as possible. Have you heard about this soylent stuff OP? I hear it's good.

just get an IV port installed imo.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

as long as it doesn’t clash with another lunch meeting of course

*when the animals need to eat

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my bitter bi rival posted:

a true Spanish lunch is 4 hours long and means you come back hammered on red wine.

wtf i love spain now

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

pffft. all farming is a hobby. you just throw corn or w/e on the ground and it grows. cows eat grass and whatnot. food is just right there on the ground. yeah real tough “job”. :rolleyes:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh no i have to drive around in what is basically a giant car all day but there are no rules! oh woe is me!

oh jeez, i have a bunch of sheep and pigs which are basically all just big pets. drat my life sucks!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

dammit. forgot to watch that. alas it is bedtime now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

took lunch at noon today. had subway. it does not agree wjth me.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

is it that different from tex-mex?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sniep posted:

tex mex is white people's spin on mexican

new mexican is native american people's spin on mexican

ty. this is actually very helpful.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

cannot believe i was accused of trolling in my own friggin thread. smh. smdh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

literally kill them in minecraft