Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Re: Special options, some stuff about the previous case doesn't quite add up to me.

West's version of events is that he worked the dusk shift, was relieved by Gourd, and then waited a few minutes til the next person is done patrolling. He comes back and explains that he kicked out a homeless man.

Gourd's version of events is that he worked the dawn shift, and on that 1:10am patrol (presumably, the same patrol Gourd was waiting him to complete), he found the victim in a drunk state, returned to the office for a wheelchair, and then used the wheelchair to move the man outside.

Why is this return trip to the office to collect not mentioned in West's version of events?

Additionally, we know from the CCTV footage that Gourd spent 20 minutes hovering around the victim's body in the process of depositing it outside. If that's the case, and Gourd discovered the victim sleeping on his 1:10am patrol, it would mean he didn't return to fully relieve West until 1:30am. That's a lot more than "a few minutes", why doesn't West mention that?

Further, the autopsy reports facial injuries and an occipital fracture. The person who discovered the body reports bloodstains consistent with those injuries.

However...

Why does Gourd assume that the bleeding is the result of a crack to the back of the victim's head? This seems like such a classic "I never told you [x]" moment that it's deplorable the officer missed the opportunity.

Also this, why specify that the victim had no injuries, if he's supposedly concerned about the guy dying in the building. We also know based on his previous record that he has assaulted the homeless before.

Gourd murdered this man. I'm not sure if West helped cover it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Happy to vote for my own policework :P

Indictment, Manslaughter (Ch 3)

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

yamiaainferno posted:

Of course! Any idea what you want to buy from the shop?

I'll take the LED decoration please!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
If nothing else, at least we ended on the high note of actually bringing someone who had preyed upon the vulnerable in society to justice. The LP was very worthy but its very understandable that with everything right now you might not want to continue it.

If it makes you feel any better, I abandoned my first LP too. Can happen to all of us. Then my second LP wrapped up prematurely when the main developer got outed as an abuser, so, like, deja vu.