Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/Dragon_Kid_0202/status/1343047650841481218?s=20

Dragon Kid saying he has no words, that Jon was far too young & that he prays for him.

https://twitter.com/NarukiDoi/status/1343030808647364608?s=20

Naruki Doi talks about being in Blood Warriors with him & learning a lot from Jon and also mentions being so surprised & shocked & sends out his sincere condolences.

He was only in Dragon Gate for just over a year but you can go through the social media of the guys who were around at the time & see he left a very big impression in that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I didn't know what to expect when I saw 60 new posts in this thread, but obviously it couldn't be anything good. However, I didn't think it would be this.

loving hell. :smith:

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

I can't think of a celebrity death that has hit me this hard since Robin Williams.

Luke Harper/Brodie Lee was my favorite wrestler, it just sucks that he was just starting to get the recognition/spotlight he should have had, and had such a young family.

It makes it worse seeing the outpouring from people that knew him. I need to not be on social media today, I have a feeling it's gonna get a lot worse.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CreedThoughts posted:

I can't think of a celebrity death that has hit me this hard since Robin Williams.

Luke Harper/Brodie Lee was my favorite wrestler, it just sucks that he was just starting to get the recognition/spotlight he should have had, and had such a young family.

It makes it worse seeing the outpouring from people that knew him. I need to not be on social media today, I have a feeling it's gonna get a lot worse.

Losing Eddie Guerrero was the only comparable one I can think of.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I was talking to a friend literally yesterday and the topic of shows we grew up on came up and we got to talking about The Young Ones and Bottom. I said I don't think any celebrity death has quite rocked me the way Rik Mayall's did. Not even loving 24hrs later and this is gonna be the one that's gotten to me the most since then :(

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Sad as gently caress. Any idea how? 41 is young as gently caress even for a wrestler. :smith:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

dialhforhero posted:

Sad as gently caress. Any idea how? 41 is young as gently caress even for a wrestler. :smith:

Non-COVID related lung issue.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That he had a team of doctors at the Mayo Clinic strongly suggests it was ongoing for some time and obviously serious. Beyond that, I don't know that it's useful to speculate.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Going back and watching his BTE segments and that promo he cut before the dog collar match, his lungs would be the last thing you think of as the culprit for his health issues. John Silver must have thought he was standing in front of a jet engine while Brodie was yelling in his face

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Man i loving loved Brodie Lee :(. He wasn't much younger than I am, this really sucks. I feel really, really bad for his family because he seemed like an excellent dad/guy/etc.

BRODIE LEE!!!!!!

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Just watched Brodie Michanoku Driver Dijak off the loving apron, that crazy poo poo for the enjoyment of the fans and to prove a point (he'd said this match was big for him to prove he still had it) is how I'll remember him. The dude could loving go.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Braun's post about Brodie;

Rowan also made a post about it on his Instagram, don't know if one can embed Instagram posts like you can Twitter posts though;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJT2nzwjUAP/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

drrockso20 posted:

Rowan also made a post about it on his Instagram, don't know if one can embed Instagram posts like you can Twitter posts though;

So apparently the image in Braun's post edits out the artist's signature and Cody?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

So apparently the image in Braun's post edits out the artist's signature and Cody?

Yeah, here's the original.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJTckF3pw-P/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

drrockso20 posted:

The stuff from the guys who worked closest with him is heartbreaking, because it shows how good of a guy he was. Talk about someone who deserved so much more.

I feel so terrible for his family, and hope they get as much support as they can.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

That is weird - why would do anything like that?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

You work for a pedantic sack of poo poo who you have to legitimately worry may be petty toward you for posting something with a rival company’s wrestler in it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Manwithastick posted:

avoiding the ricochet treatment

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

It was brought up in chat that Jimmy Jacobs had heat (and possibly got fired for it, though there were other things too) for taking a picture with The Young Bucks.

It sucks rear end that it's even something they have to consider, but it's probably smart for Braun to keep that dastardly traitor Cody Rhodes out of his twitter, lest the dread gaze of the lich McMahon turn upon him

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

dromal phrenia posted:

It was brought up in chat that Jimmy Jacobs had heat (and possibly got fired for it, though there were other things too) for taking a picture with The Young Bucks.

Yeah, he came outside when the elite “invaded” Raw and posted the picture himself.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't see this posted, but if it was, to borrow a phrase, you can read it again.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
The Cody edit doesn't look like anything Braun would have been able to easily do himself...so does that mean he messaged the artist for a Cody-free version, the artist obliged, and Braun still didn't give him credit?!? That's the only scenario I can think of.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

davidbix posted:

The Cody edit doesn't look like anything Braun would have been able to easily do himself...so does that mean he messaged the artist for a Cody-free version, the artist obliged, and Braun still didn't give him credit?!? That's the only scenario I can think of.

I believe I read that the artist commented something to the tune of "at least you could have left my signature in" so presumably someone at WWE did it for him

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

davidbix posted:

Either someone else did it and started circulating the edited version around, and Braun saw that, or Braun messaged a WWE intern like "hey can I post this" and they made the edits. Those are the two scenarios I can see, at least.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Brodie/Luke Harper was one of the few wrestlers I enjoyed seeing in the brief time I watched WWE. It was during the sledgehammer brothers gimmick, which sucked, but I could still see his obvious talent in spite of it. I was so happy when he came over to AEW and got to do something fun. He was a wild eyed monster in the ring, one of the best hosses in recent memory. He was cool as hell, and we're all worse off without him.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

The thing about lung problems is they can put you on the ropes really fast.

Someone here was saying they were getting a physical, that is a good idea if it has been awhile for anyone.

As someone who has been watching Brodie Lee since he used to do run-ins and murder people in mid 2000s PA/NJ/NY indies and has been hospitalized twice this month overnight for non covid lung issues I am a combination of heartbroken and terrified

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Aw, Butch Reed passed away. Man was a great talent.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

Aw, Butch Reed passed away. Man was a great talent.

Aw man. I loved "The Natural" with his bleach blond hair.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ganso Bomb posted:

Aw man. I loved "The Natural" with his bleach blond hair.

And then Vince tried to replicate it with Shelton years later, because Vince thinks African Americans with blonde hair is soooooo funny

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Apparently Corgan is saying Jocephus has passed away

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

a cyborg mug posted:

Apparently Corgan is saying Jocephus has passed away

https://twitter.com/CWFHMarquez/status/1364814241266421763?s=20

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Good night, sweet prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I made a new thread for 2021 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960357