Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult

my good portion of my job involves filling out forms and all of our pens are ballpoint pens. i don’t like writing with ballpoint pens because you don’t get that nice flow when assembling words. a couple weeks back i found a pen that said “uni-ball signo” on it and it was perfect. i don’t know what type of pen it was, it kind of felt like a gel pen but i feel like that’s not what it’s called, but it was smooth to write with and you didn’t have to press as hard like you do with ballpoint pens.

anyway, i lost it yesterday. i kept it in my car’s cupholder when i wasn’t working, and last night it slipped out of my hand and fell underneath the driver’s seat. i probably just need to look a bit harder, but last night i was strapped on time and the same goes for today since i’m at work right now

mod edit:
Pen found :peanut:

alnilam posted:

NEW THREAD DIRECTION please everyone draw a bear and you will be probed with your drawing as a probe reason

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

it’s kinda weird that i can post at work no problem when it’s slow, but it’s frowned upon for me to go look for my favorite work pen in my car right now

you’d think that searching for a work-related tool would be a higher priority but i’m literally posted up right now

Macnult

i actually tried to buy a pack of the same pen from office depot the other day, but i got the wrong one. it said “uni-ball signo” on it and looked identical, but the head was smaller and didn’t flow like my favorite work pen. i was gonna return it but since the pack was already open i didn’t wanna give some random dude working there a hard time, so i brought them to work and a few of my co-workers are grateful

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i'm really sorry to hear that, op. i hope your find your favourite work pen, or another excellent pen comes into your life. maybe you could try asking co-workers to borrow a pen, just to see if they have any good ones

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

My friend, have you considered a fountain pen?

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Macnult

owlhawk911 posted:

i'm really sorry to hear that, op. i hope your find your favourite work pen, or another excellent pen comes into your life. maybe you could try asking co-workers to borrow a pen, just to see if they have any good ones

thanks i appreciate the support. i managed to find another work pen that i tested out but i don’t think it’s the right fit:

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My friend, have you considered a fountain pen?

i have. i used to own a pilot metro for drawing purposes but that was a long time ago. i’d get another, but i don’t work at a desk job setting so i think carrying around a fountain pen would be viewed as “extra”

Queen-Of-Hearts

in that case, might i recommend Pilot Precise V5 or V7? They're my fav not-fountain pens.

Queen-Of-Hearts

Macnult

oooh these are pretty. i like them

i also like your handwriting

FluffieDuckie

Macnult posted:

i actually tried to buy a pack of the same pen from office depot the other day, but i got the wrong one. it said “uni-ball signo” on it and looked identical, but the head was smaller and didn’t flow like my favorite work pen. i was gonna return it but since the pack was already open i didn’t wanna give some random dude working there a hard time, so i brought them to work and a few of my co-workers are grateful

this has happened to me friend

let me tell a little secret. they make different widths of those pens. it's in secret code but somewhere on the package it will tell you the width of the pen you're buying

but ofc you'd need to have your original pen to know the size and you don't have that so i guess you have to buy all the uni-ball singos and try them all

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
The .38 pilot g2 is my jam, it's ultra fine just like my life

I'm sorry you lost your favorite pen maybe when you get a new car it will come with a nice one

idiotsavant
you lost it in your butt i bet

idiotsavant
its a common work problem actually so dont feel bad

Macnult

FluffieDuckie posted:

but ofc you'd need to have your original pen to know the size and you don't have that so i guess you have to buy all the uni-ball singos and try them all

i wish they’d offer a pen sampling thing at office depot, but worst case scenario i think you’re right

idiotsavant posted:

you lost it in your butt i bet

i double-checked and it’s not there which makes sense because i watched it fall underneath the driver’s seat like i mentioned

Queen-Of-Hearts

Michael's carries a ton of pens and markers that you can write swears with on the little paper pads attached to the display

Macnult

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Michael's carries a ton of pens and markers that you can write swears with on the little paper pads attached to the display

i’ll have to check them out. there’s a locally owned art store that does the same thing but they don’t have uni-ball signo work pens. they do, however, have all my favorite art related pens

Macnult

for what it’s worth i’m still thinking about my favorite work pen and how i miss it but aside from that today has been a pretty good day

vanisher

How good is the new pen at drawing animals, like bears for instance

alnilam

Macnult posted:

for what it’s worth i’m still thinking about my favorite work pen and how i miss it but aside from that today has been a pretty good day

:shobon:

ty manifisto

alnilam

Holding a posting vigil in hopes thatour friend Macnult finds their fav work pen under the seat after work today

owlhawk911

alnilam posted:

Holding a posting vigil in hopes thatour friend Macnult finds their fav work pen under the seat after work today

it's gonna be there, and that's a fact

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Op have you tried a Pilot uniball vision? They are my fav pens.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

vanisher

That pen will be in your heart forever

Waitbut not like literally

Macnult

vanisher posted:

How good is the new pen at drawing animals, like bears for instance

the blue one? i dunno, i gave it back to my coworker and he’s already left for the day. i imagine it would be okay, but i’d prefer a different pen. drawing a bear with my fav work pen would be fun, although i loved it for writing purposes mostly

alnilam posted:

thanks alnilam :love: i really hope i find it

Manifisto

somebody gave me a Pilot V-Ball RT (fine) years ago and I immediately loved it. I bought a few more and really prefer them to any other pen, although I will admit I have not tried many of the options people are listing here and maybe I would like one of them more

good luck finding your favorite pen op

ty nesamdoom!

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1pO-tZbYA

Queen-Of-Hearts

Does pilot even make a bad pen?

alnilam

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Does pilot even make a bad pen?

pens and flying planes, so multi talented

idiotsavant

Macnult posted:

i double-checked and it’s not there which makes sense because i watched it fall underneath the driver’s seat like i mentioned
it probably fell under the seat and then into your butt are you sure op

also as a work ballpoint pen user the pen you need is a papermate profile 1.4b op its basically the exact ink you describe and i know specifically because i like using ballpoint pens because the ink is less susceptible to running in case the paper gets wet but most ballpoint pen ink doesn't flow well but! those ones work pretty well

Queen-Of-Hearts

my fav thing is marking corrections in red and sending someone back into the darkroom. under the red safelights. :v:

Manifisto

I also have a waterproof ink pen for geocaching which is pretty cool I guess

sadly I do not have a tactical pen, if I am attacked by bears my self-defense capabilities may be compromised

ty nesamdoom!

Macnult

idiotsavant posted:

it probably fell under the seat and then into your butt are you sure op

also as a work ballpoint pen user the pen you need is a papermate profile 1.4b op its basically the exact ink you describe and i know specifically because i like using ballpoint pens because the ink is less susceptible to running in case the paper gets wet but most ballpoint pen ink doesn't flow well but! those ones work pretty well

i’ll have to try one sometime. maybe it’ll change my opinion on ballpoint pens

Macnult

update: i found my favorite work pen :)

owlhawk911

Macnult posted:

it was under the seat, wasn't it

Queen-Of-Hearts

I have a pair of pilot metro MR Pop fountain pens with noodlers ink. One has a medium nib and "Antietam" red ink, the other has a fine nib taken from a pilot kakuno and "54th Massachusetts" blue/black.
The Antietam ink isnt as watery or runny and the medium nib with it writes like a fine nib.
the 54th blue wants to just fuckin GO and on a medium nib it makes huge letters, so that pen got a fine nib.
orbs, i am way Too High To Post about pens.

vanisher

Macnult posted:

:nice:

Manifisto

Macnult posted:

we did it everyone, good job

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Macnult posted:

another byob success story

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

another byob success story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

this has happened to me friend

let me tell a little secret. they make different widths of those pens. it's in secret code but somewhere on the package it will tell you the width of the pen you're buying

Is 207 the secret code on this pen