Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult

my good portion of my job involves filling out forms and all of our pens are ballpoint pens. i don’t like writing with ballpoint pens because you don’t get that nice flow when assembling words. a couple weeks back i found a pen that said “uni-ball signo” on it and it was perfect. i don’t know what type of pen it was, it kind of felt like a gel pen but i feel like that’s not what it’s called, but it was smooth to write with and you didn’t have to press as hard like you do with ballpoint pens.

anyway, i lost it yesterday. i kept it in my car’s cupholder when i wasn’t working, and last night it slipped out of my hand and fell underneath the driver’s seat. i probably just need to look a bit harder, but last night i was strapped on time and the same goes for today since i’m at work right now

mod edit:
Pen found :peanut:

alnilam posted:

NEW THREAD DIRECTION please everyone draw a bear and you will be probed with your drawing as a probe reason

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

it’s kinda weird that i can post at work no problem when it’s slow, but it’s frowned upon for me to go look for my favorite work pen in my car right now

you’d think that searching for a work-related tool would be a higher priority but i’m literally posted up right now

Macnult

i actually tried to buy a pack of the same pen from office depot the other day, but i got the wrong one. it said “uni-ball signo” on it and looked identical, but the head was smaller and didn’t flow like my favorite work pen. i was gonna return it but since the pack was already open i didn’t wanna give some random dude working there a hard time, so i brought them to work and a few of my co-workers are grateful

Macnult

owlhawk911 posted:

i'm really sorry to hear that, op. i hope your find your favourite work pen, or another excellent pen comes into your life. maybe you could try asking co-workers to borrow a pen, just to see if they have any good ones

thanks i appreciate the support. i managed to find another work pen that i tested out but i don’t think it’s the right fit:

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My friend, have you considered a fountain pen?

i have. i used to own a pilot metro for drawing purposes but that was a long time ago. i’d get another, but i don’t work at a desk job setting so i think carrying around a fountain pen would be viewed as “extra”

Macnult

oooh these are pretty. i like them

i also like your handwriting

Macnult

FluffieDuckie posted:

but ofc you'd need to have your original pen to know the size and you don't have that so i guess you have to buy all the uni-ball singos and try them all

i wish they’d offer a pen sampling thing at office depot, but worst case scenario i think you’re right

idiotsavant posted:

you lost it in your butt i bet

i double-checked and it’s not there which makes sense because i watched it fall underneath the driver’s seat like i mentioned

Macnult

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Michael's carries a ton of pens and markers that you can write swears with on the little paper pads attached to the display

i’ll have to check them out. there’s a locally owned art store that does the same thing but they don’t have uni-ball signo work pens. they do, however, have all my favorite art related pens

Macnult

for what it’s worth i’m still thinking about my favorite work pen and how i miss it but aside from that today has been a pretty good day

Macnult

vanisher posted:

How good is the new pen at drawing animals, like bears for instance

the blue one? i dunno, i gave it back to my coworker and he’s already left for the day. i imagine it would be okay, but i’d prefer a different pen. drawing a bear with my fav work pen would be fun, although i loved it for writing purposes mostly

alnilam posted:

Holding a posting vigil in hopes thatour friend Macnult finds their fav work pen under the seat after work today

thanks alnilam :love: i really hope i find it

Macnult

idiotsavant posted:

it probably fell under the seat and then into your butt are you sure op

also as a work ballpoint pen user the pen you need is a papermate profile 1.4b op its basically the exact ink you describe and i know specifically because i like using ballpoint pens because the ink is less susceptible to running in case the paper gets wet but most ballpoint pen ink doesn't flow well but! those ones work pretty well

i’ll have to try one sometime. maybe it’ll change my opinion on ballpoint pens

Macnult

update: i found my favorite work pen :)

Macnult

owlhawk911 posted:

it was under the seat, wasn't it

yep right where i lost it

Macnult

hockey jockey posted:

Um, I believe the drawing of a bear with work pen idea was broached? Please proceed.

i’m at work and it’s busy, but i’ll do my best to draw a bear afterwards if i have time

Macnult

alnilam posted:

NEW THREAD DIRECTION please everyone draw a bear and you will be probed with your drawing as a probe reason

Macnult

finally got around to drawing a bear with my favorite work pen :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

:nice:

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Now draw a bear with it