Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What should I replace here?

Feeling a bit retarded :shepface:

I guess I never get the chance to learn any of these again huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What should I replace here?

Feeling a bit retarded :shepface:

I guess I never get the chance to learn any of these again huh?

You're feeling foolish. Better word.

Also, you can re-learn whatever's on a weapon later. They'll walk you through it.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Takoluka posted:

You're feeling foolish. Better word.

Also, you can re-learn whatever's on a weapon later. They'll walk you through it.

Yeah, at a certain point you can re-create weapons with a +1/2/3 attribute and relearn all of the abilities again.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I guess I'll get rid of one of those buff abilities. I never really use them much anyways. (I'm in chapter 2 intermission)

edit: How do you farm stage rank? I do like 60+ turns of just constant buffing/debuffing spam and it's so slow....

and there's no way to tell how far or close you are

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 2, 2020

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apologies for the double post, would you typically go with a Light aoe attack or a heavy single target attack?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I went with light AOE attacks whenever available, since there didn't really seem to be enemies that reflect. Eventually you'll get strong AOE attacks and then you won't have to make the choice.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Momomo posted:

I went with light AOE attacks whenever available, since there didn't really seem to be enemies that reflect. Eventually you'll get strong AOE attacks and then you won't have to make the choice.

There are definitely enemies in the later game that reflect. Enough to be really frustrating. It's easy to miss because of the way Overkill works.

Honestly, I went for the hardest hitting single target, since the "light" damage barely did anything toward the end game.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

EVGA Longoria posted:

There are definitely enemies in the later game that reflect. Enough to be really frustrating. It's easy to miss because of the way Overkill works.

Honestly, I went for the hardest hitting single target, since the "light" damage barely did anything toward the end game.

Yeah just finishing chapter 6 and my strategy is to have as much coverage of big single target damage per cast member as possible. I got rid of almost all the buffs/debuffs/heals save a couple as you don’t really need them and for the few fights you do you can just use Ho Ho Mart. Big alpha strikes with good session chains seemed to work best for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Beat the game, 80 hours, got tons of trophies.

That was worth it for $40~ or w/e after gold tokens. Absolutely not playing it again though, or going through lunatic for the third playthrough. some of those achievements are rear end.

Like, the poison one, you can't self poison, only enemies can poison you, and after a while the poison wears off, often before 500m which means you have to have gotten poisoned multiple times without curing it.

I got poisoned once in the whole time I played the game. Yeah I'm not dealing with that poo poo, I got what I wanted out of the game.

I might come back someday for the superboss and to see what the Legendary Arena weapons are like (the superweapons), but my guys were already boss as gently caress so it was fine.