Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Tokyo Mirage Sessions Sharp Eff Eee Encore also known as Shin Megami Tensei Cross Fire Emblem is a Switch port of a 2015 JRPG. It released on the WiiU and sold about 3,000 copies meaning each console owner bought an impressive 15 copies per person. The game received generally favorable reviews from the handful of people that played it, and it's out on something people actually own now so here's a thread for newcomer discussion.

The original now-closed thread for it can be found here

The game itself is best described as a Fire Emblem-flavored version of Persona game, e.g. a JRPG where the personas you summon are Fire Emblem characters such as Chrom, the shopkeep is Anna, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_gYQCOlW9E

Encore version enhancements:
Includes DLC from the original
New dungeons / Ex Story Chapters
New outfits
New songs
You can choose to have Tsubasa need glasses for some reason
Non-combat members can join in attacks
Ability to fast forward session attacks
Improved load times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

General Morden posted:

yes but did it restore the vagina bones

My understanding is that all versions of Encore in all regions are based off of the Western version, so it's no bones for anyone anywhere.

edit: f,b

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I never finished the original because it was just too hard to justify having the Wii U take up space where I was living at the time. My other half tells me this got delivered and it's waiting for me when I get home so I'm pretty psyched to tear into it again this weekend.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I think the Itsuki/Tsubasa Duo Art is still missable(?) so here is the guide on how to get it from the last version which I assume still works.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/701254-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe/73976145

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wasn't there another bug where the character profiles would get so big they would just crash the game? Wonder if that's still a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Buy 99 Smoke escape items from Nega Anna