Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I haven't played a real SMT game in years, but this looks like SMT/Persona but with songs and, I assume, less dick wagons.

Worth $60? I'm debating it

I got about 40 hours worth of playtime out of this game (just finished it yesterday), doing every side quest and making sure to grind out some characters towards the end (although I didn't touch the arena at all). Overall a v. enjoyable experience even if it isn't really an SMT game.

I guess there's also a new game+ where you can swap out itsuki but i probably won't be doing that this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

GreenBuckanneer posted:

40h for $60 is a pretty expensive bar for me honestly. I also never do NG+ or NG++++ or whatever, since I have a thousand literal other games to play on various platforms.

If it was $30 I'd buy it immediately. Does it go on sale often?

As for SMT, I am not as much of a fan of the dungeon crawl make the map aspect (I find it tedious) like in Strange Journey, but I noticed the similar named spells and the perceived "difficulty" for battles, at least in the video talking about what to do. I like the weirdness aspect of Persona and SMT, lore wise. I do not like the timed aspects of Persona, however, I find that stressful.

I don't really know about sales. I know nintendo can be pretty bad about it, so I wouldn't expect it to drop in price any time soon. I should say that the game probably would be more around 45-50 hours, as this wasn't my first time playing it (although it was my first time beating it, I just actually cleared the final dungeon this time). You could probably add a little bit more onto that if you enjoy grinding as this game enables it, but definitely does not make it necessary.

The timing aspects of persona do not factor into this game at all. You can casually wander in and out of dungeons and your own leisure and put off social links/side quests until the very last boss if you want to (the game will also warn you when they will no longer be available, too).

The weirdness aspect of SMT/Persona is also toned down, as well. It's very much a budget game and you'll see the same 10 variations of fire-emblem-like creatures throughout the game. Although it's replaced with the different weirdness of everyone being a J-Pop Idol and performing songs to kill enemies and buff your party.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Takoluka posted:

You're feeling foolish. Better word.

Also, you can re-learn whatever's on a weapon later. They'll walk you through it.

Yeah, at a certain point you can re-create weapons with a +1/2/3 attribute and relearn all of the abilities again.