Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I haven't played a real SMT game in years, but this looks like SMT/Persona but with songs and, I assume, less dick wagons.

Worth $60? I'm debating it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

I got about 40 hours worth of playtime out of this game (just finished it yesterday), doing every side quest and making sure to grind out some characters towards the end (although I didn't touch the arena at all). Overall a v. enjoyable experience even if it isn't really an SMT game.

I guess there's also a new game+ where you can swap out itsuki but i probably won't be doing that this year.

40h for $60 is a pretty expensive bar for me honestly. I also never do NG+ or NG++++ or whatever, since I have a thousand literal other games to play on various platforms.

If it was $30 I'd buy it immediately. Does it go on sale often?

As for SMT, I am not as much of a fan of the dungeon crawl make the map aspect (I find it tedious) like in Strange Journey, but I noticed the similar named spells and the perceived "difficulty" for battles, at least in the video talking about what to do. I like the weirdness aspect of Persona and SMT, lore wise. I do not like the timed aspects of Persona, however, I find that stressful.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What should I replace here?

Feeling a bit retarded :shepface:

I guess I never get the chance to learn any of these again huh?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I guess I'll get rid of one of those buff abilities. I never really use them much anyways. (I'm in chapter 2 intermission)

edit: How do you farm stage rank? I do like 60+ turns of just constant buffing/debuffing spam and it's so slow....

and there's no way to tell how far or close you are

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 2, 2020

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apologies for the double post, would you typically go with a Light aoe attack or a heavy single target attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Beat the game, 80 hours, got tons of trophies.

That was worth it for $40~ or w/e after gold tokens. Absolutely not playing it again though, or going through lunatic for the third playthrough. some of those achievements are rear end.

Like, the poison one, you can't self poison, only enemies can poison you, and after a while the poison wears off, often before 500m which means you have to have gotten poisoned multiple times without curing it.

I got poisoned once in the whole time I played the game. Yeah I'm not dealing with that poo poo, I got what I wanted out of the game.

I might come back someday for the superboss and to see what the Legendary Arena weapons are like (the superweapons), but my guys were already boss as gently caress so it was fine.