Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The game is in this weird place where it feels like they had a really ambitious idea for the style, but then played it extremely safe with the actual writing. Itsuki and Tsubasa have that main character curse where they're the least interesting characters in the party and everything has to focus on them instead of characters like Kiria or Elanora.

In general I feel like I haven't really gotten much out of the 45ish hours I've put into the game, which is a shame. I'm in presumably the endgame, and I'd say the game is pretty much just alright. I remember the initial trailer for the game got people interested (if only because we were all confused) but in the time after that, I didn't really see anyone talk about the gameplay, and I understand why. The battle system is fine for what it is, but there's really nothing to say. The whole Session thing is an interesting take on the extra turn system SMT usually uses, but the way it works out I don't really think about how to utilize them in any way other than hitting weaknesses and I'll probably have everyone else join in. That's also the only gimmick the game has. It's a decent game, and I'm glad I finally got to play it, but it's not really anything special.

I will say that I think the Mirage designs are pretty good though. I imagine the game's FE representation has been done to death so I won't bother, but I do think they at the very least have some cool looks to them. Kiria's Carnage form sucks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I went with light AOE attacks whenever available, since there didn't really seem to be enemies that reflect. Eventually you'll get strong AOE attacks and then you won't have to make the choice.