Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

abraxas posted:

I dunno if I'm just not far enough into the game yet or if I'm expecting too much coming from P5, but while I really enjoy the game so far, I feel like the combat could stand to be a bit flashier. Even the whatever-skills (essentially your supers when your bar is charged) look kind of underwhelming. I can't really put my finger on it, nothing's bad or turning me off the game, I just always catch myself thinking "man that could've used some extra fancy shmancy effects" or something along those lines. Something to make the attacks, especially the bigger ones, feel more special. So far it's just 3 people standing in a circle stabbing various things at enemies.

As an example (Chapter 1 Boss Spoilers): The cutscene leading into that boss was pretty badass. Tsubasa falling out of the sky and then riding on a Pegasus that then turns into some sort of horse-motorcycle-F15 hybrid with the front half of a horse and the back half of "two loving jet engines". That was so cool! And then it switches into battle and she just stands there bopping back and forth, drawing circles into the air or jump stabbing a spear at something. Just kinda disappointing and underwhelming :( But to be fair, that's where I stopped last night so who know's what's still to come.

I will say it does get flashier later on in very specific ways, but remember that this game was before P5, and with a significantly lower budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU