Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I’m really enjoying this on the switch. Never played the main SMT games but I’ve played P4 and P5 and while I like the art direction of P5 more TMS just aesthetically and I like the Hold Up mechanic a little bit more than sessions I really like the lack of busy work and scheduling in TMS. And that I can save anywhere. Combined with Switch sleep it’s a fantastic quick pick up and go. I’m jazzed for SMT V now, I think I really like the style of game but the social aspect and time management of the Persona titles I find a bit draining by the end.

Questions - I assume that there comes a point when managing resists by swapping weapons becomes important? Right now I just equip my latest carnage because it always has better damage, but on Tsubasa the latest upgrade is a wash damage wise and I’m thinking now resists are what I should be watching.

Also I feel like I don’t know what cast to run with since I don’t know what’s coming. What’s everyone’s favorite group?

Game good, perfect for Switch play on my commute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

Not really, you just buy more healing items and buff/debuff stones. And at a certain point (halfway?) you get a party member that makes living not a problem anymore.

Huh ok - cool, I haven’t hit that point yet. That reminds me, significant items seem ridiculously cheap. Full hp and Ep heal for 160? Ok. Revive curries are kind of pricey comparatively but still cheap. This is a good thing btw, not making slam my dick in a door to progress is appreciated.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I haven't played a real SMT game in years, but this looks like SMT/Persona but with songs and, I assume, less dick wagons.

Worth $60? I'm debating it

Yeah for me it was absolutely. It doesn’t have the cool jazz art direction and music of P5 which I loved - but I found the pacing better and the overall shtick is good and consistent if very J Pop - which is kind of the point. Anyway, games good but it is a high entry fee, I found it totally worth the money.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

EVGA Longoria posted:

There are definitely enemies in the later game that reflect. Enough to be really frustrating. It's easy to miss because of the way Overkill works.

Honestly, I went for the hardest hitting single target, since the "light" damage barely did anything toward the end game.

Yeah just finishing chapter 6 and my strategy is to have as much coverage of big single target damage per cast member as possible. I got rid of almost all the buffs/debuffs/heals save a couple as you don’t really need them and for the few fights you do you can just use Ho Ho Mart. Big alpha strikes with good session chains seemed to work best for me.