Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

Do the FE characters actually do anything with the cast outside of fights or are they just there to facilitate combat like personas?

There's a little magical realm room where you do all your upgrading etc. stuff and they're in there and you can talk to them.

Otherwise, they're just personas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seems like the Pierce bug is still in.

tldr do not learn the passive skill Pierce. Its stronger counterpart Penetrate is okay to learn.

Fine print:
Pierce is a passive that makes your physical attacks ignore Resist. The bug is that the game's Session calculations treat Pierce as a higher level skill called Penetrate which makes you ignore nullify and drain in addition to resist.

So if you have Pierce the game thinks you can ignore Nullify and Drain conditions when you cannot, and will make you attack those sometimes which breaks your Sessions on the unsuccessful hit (and in case of Drain heal the enemy.)

So like if you're fighting an enemy that Nullifies Fire and hit it with a Sword attack, it can trigger Sword-Blaze and that ends your combo.

The exception is (Spoiler until Chapter 5) Yashiro. Because of that character's session skill variety Pierce works okay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't forget you can leave dungeons at any time, and heal for like 160 yen at any soda machine.

The arena also has a free heal spot in it but that's too far to run.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Chapter 4 you can reforge old weapons. They get their skill list back and also new ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arena doesn't though, for that I typically use Kiria because she learns 3 different elements pretty early. The 3rd spot is Tsubasa if I'm not sure it's going to be a walk, or a character that doesn't have Open Audition yet if it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do the weapons unlocked by a class change stay unlocked if I flip to the other one, or do I need to make sure to them first?