Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
It's happening :siren:

https://twitter.com/dsceditor/status/1220751249504702466?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
LMD hydrogen :can:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I still can't tell from the replays if something broke on him or if he went for a divebomb move without realising there was a car directly alongside.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Cygni posted:

If I was Toyota, I would can the Hypercar now, run the current P1 until September 2021 and then go LMDh. But Toyota makes weird choices. Gonna be their call as to whether we ever see a Hypercar or not.

For Toyota in-particular, LMP1 is a test bed for their own, designed and made, hybrid powertrain. The way the whole program is structured is that TMG is almost a sub-contractor to Toyota Japan, with the task of building a car to put Japan's powertrain into.

If Toyota HQ don't see any value in racing themselves anymore, and can't build their own hybrid system, I think they'll walk away rather than go to LMDh. The people at TMG want to go racing whichever way they can, but HQ will have no interest in LMDh if it's as restricted as it appears it will be.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Yeah modern Spa is all dedicated race track now, the last bits of public road got diverted around it in I want to say the late 90s? That's the last time I remember the hill down from La Source having road markings on it.

*E* Beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Nobody could have possibly seen this coming...

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1292795570508234752?s=19

It's a shame but totally the right call I think, there was no way to run it safely even with the spectator villages idea.