Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

harperdc posted:

(it's still criminal you can't just get the WEC App/subscription in the U.S., it remains a good deal)

I had no problems getting a subscription in the US this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

net work error posted:

Daytona practice isn't streamed right? I don't see it on the stream schedule on the IMSA site.

No, just quali and race. You can get radio feed from IMSA or Radio Le Mans

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

orange juche posted:

Wait, did I just hear Hindy say that the Risi Ferrari was BOPed down? Have they won anything at all?

they won literally the last imsa race, petit le mans

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Fuuuck yeah maybe I can watch some motorbikes now, instead of having no idea what the gently caress

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/status/1225806081181585410?s=19

Glickenhaus's new GT3 car, more pics on his Twitter, looks to have a 6.2L Chevy V8

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
That could be real good, Alpine are historically a very strong team in P2.

Calderon is definitely the worry in that lineup, she was WELL off the pace, even of other Ams, in the Lamborghini at Daytona. Hopefully she does a little better in a downforce car.

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 11, 2020

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Yeah being able to find support races outside of the traditional North American racing season on 3 months notice is pretty impossible, I'd be willing to bet.

If they really wanted a show, they should let the HPDE boys on track with the LMPs :getin:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Sebring 1000 was pretty cool

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Yeah the changes to the circuit really made Mexico way cooler

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
http://gotransam.com/news/Trans-Am-Series-Expands-Digital-Footprint-with-New-Media-App/70206

Trans-am streaming 9 races this year

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Fwiw, the only DPi that actually used a GT3 engine was pretty hamstrung by it. It didn't make enough power, it was too heavy and had too much weight up high, and they had constant gearbox issues with it. Once Mazda figured out their engine and passed the Nissan in performance, it was done for, they were about 40kg overweight and the amount of power they were given by BoP was too much for their driveline. Caddy, Acura, and Mazda all use bespoke engines designed from the start to run in prototypes.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Yeah the HPD 3.5TT has a long and successful history as a prototype engine. When Nissan did a proper prototype engine for the GT-R LM (and later in the ByKolles), it seemed to perform better when packaged properly

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
And ByKolles can't package an engine for poo poo, and even they managed to run reasonably well with it, without setting themselves on fire too much.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Sprint round at Daytona should be interesting, with a lot more urgency to make ground we should see some pretty hard racing that doesn't often develop in a 24h

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I'm legitimately excited to see how a sprint race goes down at Daytona. Everyone is so civilized and patient during a 24, I wanna see violent lunges into T1 and the Bus Stop.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

harperdc posted:

I remember hearing some grumbling about teams having to make sure they have Daytona parts (like gearing sets) ready for the race again. Which is fair.

Luckily that only includes DPi and GTLM, the better funded teams. GTD run homologated, fixed gear stacks, and LMP2 aren't running (and ate limited to Le Mans gears by IMSA reg anyway

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Peanut President posted:

You would think GTD's would be always ready to run Daytona considering its in the name

Lower that rear wing and send it

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Lol nah GTE pro is dying fast. Too expensive, especially compared to prospective LMDh budgets. If we don't get GT3/GTE convergence out of this, GTE is gonna go the way of DTM

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Vando posted:

it was neat hearing from Robert Wickens on the latest Broadbent stream, all the stuff about the hand control dev etc. think this is the kind of thing I like about what the sim events enable, more time for just hearing the drivers talk about stuff

I can't wait for the inevitable "chat asks Ferdinand Habsburg about his unibrow" moment of the race stream, probably about 3am British time

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Basticle posted:

what in tarnation

This is mostly so they can run at circuits that have noise limitations or curfews at night, or without getting exceptions to the curfews or noise restrictions

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
NLS (formerly VLN) starts up tomorrow too

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
140 cars on the entry this weekend, everything from nearly stock shitboxes to gt3 cars

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

:agreed:

I just wish they started a little later in the day, 5:15am EDT wake up for me is hard

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

so much racing this weekend

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Afternoon storms? In Florida? Chance in a million.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Kat Legge broke her leg testing for ELMS today :(

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
$10 says Shank moves to DPi in an Acura

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
If F1 is looking for a new track that is actually good and grade 1, there's a circuit that was built for F1, never had a race, which instead went to the dogshit Abu Dhabi circuit. Dubai Autodrome is way better in every way and has never had a chance outside of small time endurance racing.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
If Kyalami could bump up their FIA grade to 1, it'd be pretty rad for F1.

Also honestly if we could get a track on the F1 calendar with no changes, I'd love to see Sebring. It would be such a unique challenge for the F1 cars compared to any other circuit, and P1s have already ran there no problem. Mostly I wanna see Ferrari's suspension implode over the bumps in T17

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Imagine GT3 still doing similar laptimes to the current 911 GT3 Cup car

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Martin Haven, Allan MacNish and GG is a pretty solid commentator crew and I just watch the world feed audio, particularly because Hindy's calls have dropped in quality of late, he often gets cars wrong entirely and seems to operate on a constant 5 second delay even when he's trackside.

If the WEC world feed could get some better pit reporters, they'd be golden.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oC8goRJHis

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
The new generation of LMP3s are roughly on pace with pre-17 P2s, when driven well. With a gentleman driver? I expect the GTLMs will stumble over them

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I forgot how :gowron: the Rebellion LDF kit is:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
It's a pity we lost the ginetta, but the LMP2 field looks incredible, as does the GTE Am

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I was hoping for Kyalami, but alas, it's expensive to run down to the bottom of Africa for one race.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Show of hands, who's surprised at MSR?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Great news a long time coming for MSR

VERY surprised at the WTR news however.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Petit le mans is about to start

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I watched it and it brought great joy. It's like if nascar was motorcycles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
C'mon man, Dubai is right there and it produces so much better racing than Yas Marina.