Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
So i'm completely new to motorsports and i've found i've got a hankerin' for sports car racing. Started watching some Goodwood videos on youtube recently which were cool, and then watched a few hours of the 24 hours of Daytona after it was a recommended video. Then I parked my rear end on the couch and ended up watching several hours straight of the Bathurst 12hr last week which was awesome to watch since i already knew that course well from years of Gran Turismo and Forza. All of the rules and different racing leagues are still fairly confusing but after watching a few other recent races i'm starting to figure what the hell is going on. A few things of note that stood out to me so far as I test the waters of sports car racing:

-Big Body Bentleys are the Best

-Earl Bamber is loving everywhere

-Safety cars breed safety cars

-Kangaroos should be standard on all courses

-Prototypes are fun but GT racing is #1 in my heart

Bloopsy fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

iwentdoodie posted:

Called it.

Watch Sebring in a few weeks.

If you're able, go to Sebring.

Some friends and I have talked over the years about camping at a NASCAR event even though we have no interest in the sport at all. I'm going to try to get us to camp at Sebring next year, if the costs aren't too much.

Any podcasts I should listen to going forward? I listened to a few episodes of The Week in Sports Cars but given that I can listen to podcasts at work all day, I've got room for more.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Oh no, the mist is going to envelop them all!

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

In all seriousness, what caused that?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

So does the 2021 Sebring still take place in March?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

I heard safety cars keep the virus away so the answer is more safety cars. You're welcome.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

It's Saturday night and I'm drinking PBR so it makes sense then to watch Jordan Taylor drive the 76 Greenwood Corvette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiW-JPqh23E

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

Reminder that Supercars Australia race tomorrow for the first time since everything went to hell.

Anyway to stream this?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Any idea when the full Lemans will be uploaded to Youtube?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Viper915 posted:

Is there a US stream for this? The YouTube link says not available in this country :-(

Download Opera Browser and turn on the built in VPN. It's working great for me.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

That was me. Thanks!

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

algebra testes posted:

Who is hyped for Spa 24. This race has Factory Porsche at last!

Was it last year when it rained for hours?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

Is IMSA's Trackpass worth the buy? I don't like waiting for races to get uploaded to youtube and $2.99/m seems pretty good. What's the stream quality like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

your friend wicka posted:

Everything is moving to USA

As in the USA Network?