Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I mean, if you’re looking for lovely shock humor releases, Loqueesha just came out last year...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Girl’s Trip, Game Night, and Rough Night were all solid comedies that are on par with the ensemble raunchy screwball comedies from past years.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

General Dog posted:

I think that with all the content that's available now, people are just more selective about what they'll go to the movies for. I'm all for the big screen experience, but don't have much problem with mediocre comedies that are shot like TV in the first place being relegated to streaming services. I'm thinking about about stuff like The Neighbors, The Heat, The House, Holmes and Watson, etc. Some of those are okay, some are terrible, but the unifying theme is that you can watch them on your TV or your iPad and you're basically not losing anything in translation because none of them are shot with substantially more thought than an episode of Modern Family.

The House was surprisingly hilarious, but yeah, I waited to see it when it was on cable.

I just realized Last Friday is probably never going to happen because John Witherspoon’s gone. :(