Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
World Collide is the next "Takeover" not Takeover Portland

Imperium vs Undisputed Era
Rhea Ripley (c) vs Toni Storm for the NXT US Women's title
NXT Cruiserweight title: Angel Garza vs. Swerve Strickland vs two NXT UK guys that''ll be announced on NXT UK this week probably (in matches)
Gargano & Ciampa vs. Tyler Bate & Trent Seven
Finn Balor vs Ilja Dragunov

Pre Show: Mia Yim vs. Kay Lee Ray non title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dr. Baker posted:

I would totally leak the Mania card if I were Jeet Rama.

These loving cowards not pushing Jeet

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

Do I want to watch every Takeover from the beginning?

You should count NXT arrival in this rewatch imo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Taynara was very attractive and if wwe has proven anything its that people can get really far with just that on the main roster

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

There any indication that any other matches are going to be added to Takeover: Portland, or are the six matches on the Wikipedia page probably it?

That's probably it, plus a pre-show match. Unless one of those 6 are the pre-show match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

OFFICER LIGER posted:

when did wwe sign jonah rock? that went completely under my radar.

Same time they signed DJZ, Shane Strickland, Trevor Lee, Sam Shaw, and ACH. I think all were literally the same class

God didn't realize theres a takeover on sunday

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

butchered repository of wrestling history. absolutely butchered. But that's an argument for another thread.

Is NXT still running 8-10EST? I thought I saw people livetweeting well after that.

Lot of people watch AEW first then NXT

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
heard she got a raise

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
olds leave the usa network on in the background because of the ncis, law and order, and chicago pd reruns and fall asleep before the wrestling comes on

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Gargano is apparently just as banged up as Ciampa

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

How long has she been in developmental? Is it just a Riddick Moss like situation where they've had them for so long they decide they gotta do SOMETHING?

Riddick Moss was there longer. Reina or w/e was there about as long as Rhea. which is like a year or 2? They did something with Riddick because he signed a new contract and he negotiated that he gets called up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Io being in NXT was good if only because it gave us her new cooler character.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
braun vs big show was a clean as a sheet pin and submission only cage match from like 3 years ago?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I completely forgot that match even happened. I remember the ring breaking, because the same poo poo happened with Brock Lesnar about 10 years prior to that.

this was part of that feud but it was the blow off where Big Show was clean shaven before his recent surgery and after Braun beat him he threw Show through the cage. It ruled. Big Show wasn't wrestling like a giant who needed hip surgery in the cage match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I was gonna say "maybe they did it for their health since they didn actually do war games" and then i realized that was awhile ago and they just did a dangerous street fight and a cage match back to back. Only thing i can think of is that they're gonna face each other again at the next takeover

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that feud is stalled because NXT UK is dead due to the corona virus and the guys in europe can't come to the US to do wrestling.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i thought the two title matches were good; timothy thatcher is some how both not a former nxt tag champion and is a former tag team champion

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Oh right, I forgot that he came in as a stand-in for Pete Dunne, right?

Yeah and nowhere on the WWE site does it claim he's ever been champion. Which is reflected on wikipedia and other wrestling sites like Cagematch, but his entrance graphic tonight and commentary talked about him being tag champion.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
she might as well have to retire.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
leon ruff is a recent signee. during the early covid shows they were using him all the time as a job guy even though he wasn't signed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

At least there'll be some new faces on 205 Live

Lol they just added like 4 more guys to their roster apparently with the last signings

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dr. Baker posted:

Should I feel bad for Tony Nese?

He's probably being paid better than he was in evolve and the indies

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Candice turning heel just to join the 3 heels that beat her down the last 2 weeks is some dipshit wwe booking

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Uh, Candice has been heel for most of this year. None of the people on her team beat her down the past two weeks. Do you mean Toni?

I like that there's another Ghostface and KO is just like "yeah of course, there were two in the movie."

Io and Rhea on the face team. That's gonna be a killer match.
Yeah I meant toni.

2nd ghost face is Austin theory

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

They've apparently had to bribe the fans to be louder.

thats a normal thing they say to pump the crowd up since nxt started

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

The kick was a great sell but she's fine she didn't shoot kick her.

lmao no one takes a header right into the ground without putting their hands up. that looked just like the time jinder knocked out finn balor and he took a header just like that

Eat My Fuc posted:

It's not real my friend, she's fine it was just a good sell of the kick look how she protects herself on the bump.

yeah man, breaks her fall with her forehead which snaps her head up violently on impact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
just gonna assume covid. ember said she wasnt injured but she missed last week anyway