Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Nomination for worst cartoon of 2011:

Chuck Asay responds with sensitivity and tact to far-right terrorist Anders Breivik killing 77 people in Norway.
But wait, it gets worse. I was so angry with that cartoon that I touched the poop and sent him an email. This is the response I got:

quote:

Thanks very much for your thoughtful email. Yes, I can understand how many people (and I've heard back from some folks) who are offended by the cartoon. I suppose, in some way, I am blaming the victim a bit by drawing the contrast between the Vikings of old with the people of Norway today. I cannot understand why the security guard on the island was unarmed. It surprises me that there doesn't seem to be much outrage about the incident coming from the people of Norway. All I've seen in the American press are people crying (which is very reasonable) and lots of flowers and candles being placed on the ground. The story that set my mind to work on the cartoon was a statement by your leaders showing conviction about not losing the welcoming and peaceful image of the nation. I think Mr. Breivik should be tried as a war criminal like we tried Nazi murders after WWll. We have many people in the U.S. who still will not recognize civilized people are at war with terrorists...Muslim and secular. The only people our liberals can call a terrorists here are people who are in the conservative Tea Party movement. The attached cartoon is directed at our own Attorney General, Eric Holder who insists we need to give Muslim Jihadists, we are holding here, a very public trial (a stage to the world that your Mr. Breivik would like) with all the rights that citizens have in this country. I'm against that. I think our judicial systems are soft and fuzzy which places more innocent people at risk. I recognize we may have different world views but my hope is that people of all nations stiffen their spines and stand up against those who target innocent people to win power. Thanks again for your email. You write very well. Best wishes. Chuck
gently caress Chuck, for me this is the worst cartoon of the decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU