Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I guess you're getting closer to Wankel's original vision of the rotary engine with this one.

How bad is the spare wheel well rot? I am amazed that a starter battery did that, though I have seen them kick off amazing amounts of acid before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Nice job on figuring out all that poo poo. Reverse engineering takes a long time but it feels so good when you finally shoot the right amount of lightning to trick that pile of magic rocks into doing what you want.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That's a pretty fancy pack out of that Mitsubishi, and your board is so much prettier than anything I've ever laid out. Any idea what the relative cell health is like?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Cool charger board. Here I am afraid to plug my keyboard adapter into real hardware.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
It feels weird to just seal off the end of a bellhousing like that, even though I know it will be fine.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

Haha, yeah, it felt even weirder when i went back and added a plate to lock the input shaft. For any regular car person looking in, I'm sure that would be a great "wtf" moment.

If you had more room you could put one of those fake plastic V8s that you use to mock up engine swaps with.

edit: Jesus, they cost more than the actual motor from the junkyard. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/P-Ayr-Products-3020-Ford-302-Set-Up-Block,7442.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

That's for drat sure, I'll check those out. Ask me about the time I missed a line in a datasheet and put SOT23-5 footprints on a board and then the parts showed up and they were SC70-5 instead, though. That was fun, since I needed it working tomorrow.

I get wrong footprints all the time. My last set of boards ended up with a SOT23 FET fly-wired because I put a DGS footprint down when I needed GSD.