Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

quote:

There are a number of options, but I had to reject most of them. The GS450h motors run at 650V, which is provided by a 30kW buck-boost converter which lives in the inverter casing. That's why the GS450h, with it's 300hp V6 engine and 320ish-hp electric motors can only achieve a total 340ish-hp rating. The only way to get full power from the motors is to use one as a generator, and use that electricity immediately to drive the other motor. The battery in the GS450h cannot supply more than 30kW (about 40hp), it's limited by the converter.

Goddamn this rules. Interesting how Toyota kinda ran things a little backwards instead of just using more cells.

Also you are way smarter than I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If you weren't removing the entire fuel system it might be neat to make an inline 3 into a range extender.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I love this thread and want to see sexy wiring.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah updates!