Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How did you start as a Merchant Republic? I can't seem to find the method in the OP, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Right, gotcha. I asked 'cos I kind of want to do something similar myself.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Allah is All-Gracious and All-Merciful, surely He will have a place for Wali-Malik Sa'daddin in Jannah!

In more earthly matters, just how rich is Oman at the moment? IIRC one of the ways a merchant republic can throw its weight around is by hiring vast amounts of mercs and just going ham on their neighbours. You can even declare wars and immediately invade, since mercs don't count for the rule that says you can't have levies raised when going to war, giving you an immediate tactical advantage.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Eh, it's a good start, but hey, early days. At the very least we're not having to compete in the Mediterranean trade war.