Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Just have people fight with rifles and machine guns and tanks and have a montage ending with the fremen rolling in with T-55s, doesn't really change anything

Way more interesting cinematically than yet another kung fu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't think Dune will have a good adaptation until it ends with technicals parading through the Harkonnen base, and an ISIS flag drops down.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

KaptainKrunk posted:

6 is a good thematic end to the story

The last three books are way worse than the first three.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Westwood had the best Dune II, imo, and Emperor: Battle for Dune is the best sequel to the original.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Messiah is just ad nauseam on the themes of Dune and not really that good, just like the other sequels, they're kind of meh. Dune is a classic, you can skip everything else.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think they should've just eliminated the shields entirely for the film and went full on Dune 2/2000/Emperor from Westwood in terms of the combat aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

No Mods No Masters posted:

People seem to often criticize shields as a worldbuilding component, but demonstrably in the eyes of denis it's more integral than say the spacing guild. I guess ultimately who's a better judge of dune, posters or denis

I believe the Westwood FMV directors!