Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

u brexit ukip it posted:

I think Gurney would be the one to cut. He barely does anything, from memory he trains Paul a bit and sings a song early on, and then serves as an infodump at one later point.

Doesn't he shut down the Harkonnen shield during the assault (or am I conflating that with just the Lynch movie)?

edit: poo poo, that's Thufir I'm thinkin of. Disregard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Roman Reigns posted:

I could’ve done without the heart plugs, the cat milking machine, and the Baron spitting on Jessica’s face :wtc:

You mean most impactful formative elements of my childhood?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Captain Jesus posted:

Are any of the fan edits of Lynch Dune that are on youtube actually good? I want to watch the movie with my wife, who hasn't seen it before, and I'm thinking of watching the fan edit (this one in particular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94d77kdmOvU) with her instead of the theatrical version.

Alright what country do I have to VPN in from to watch this?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

moths posted:

Just wait 10,000 years and watch the real thing

Running a very real risk of reaching our own impending Butlerian Jihad and ending up with no way to watch it though....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

AlternateAccount posted:

I had this same thought. Why are they swinging these fast haymakers when they know they won't work? Definitely would be cooler if it were more of a wrestling match, the awful Saving Private Ryan scene already referenced comes to mind.

Probably the same reason movie sword fighting is all super flashy and inefficient: It looks cooler than the real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Bright Bart posted:

Who is the dark skinned Fremen in Paul's visions? Talking about how he has a ways to go and all that.

Is it just a random Fremen representing his people? Or a character I completely missed? I have actual face blindness.

Beaten