Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Arglebargle III posted:

Please don't discuss the Brian Herbert books in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

davidspackage posted:

Dune is one of those movies I can throw on any time of the day and enjoy. I love the look of it.

The whispered inner monologues are such a blunt method of adapting a book that lets you read any character's thoughts, but it gives the movie a unique quality. Maybe Villeneuve should have the characters speak their thoughts directly in the camera, like panto performers.

"Paul, the Hunter-Killer is behind you!"
"OH NO IT ISN'T"

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

It's probably the least good David Lynch movie, but that still means it's incredibly watchable and weird anyway, so it's still worth a couple of hours of your time.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the interview:
https://youtu.be/EJQ4vCu-S0U

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Yo what the gently caress.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Vincent posted:

And keep the accent.

This but from The Lighthouse

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I will not stop standing outside Denis's mansion chanting "Hodgman for Fenring!" Until my demands are met.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Give it to Jodo, come full circle. Only he can accept the burden of this Golden Path.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Payndz posted:

D U N 2.

2 N E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

What's Jodorowsky doing these days?