Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
April 16th can't get here fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

It finally came in the mail. D U N C time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Hats off to Timothee's acting and Hans Zimmer's godlike soundtrack. Because once Paul was resurrected, it didn't take any guessing to see that he was no longer the hero of this story.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1775992248003383701

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/dune-3-denis-villeneuve-legendary-nuclear-war-1235960990/

DUN3

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

That Dune: Messiah title card reveal is gonna hit like meth.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

D U N 2 is now out on digital. I am waiting for Amazon and Apple to release the pre-order wall. However, enjoy:

A Sneaker Broker fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 6, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Bugblatter posted:

They mean that we have the whole thing digitally to upload on YouTube and the like. Previously there were only clips for video essayists to play with. It’s the same film you saw in theaters.

I really wish they’d have released the digital version in 1.90. I get that they don’t want to have pillarboxing with the 1.43, but the 1.90 version from the smaller imax screens would fit 16:9 TVs quite well. I think it suits most of the compositions better than 2.39 too. A lot of shots wind up feeling kind of cramped in the latter.

I had some hope since many of the trailers were in that 1.90… oh well.

Yeah, theirs a lot of discussion on twitter (and rightfully so) hoping that Legendary release the film in IMAX ratio. When Paul is giving his speech to the War Council and Fremen, his hand gets cut off the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I finally get to watch Dune 2 on my TV. It's glorious.