Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hemp Knight posted:

Think the Guild Navigator designs were also canonised in the Brian Herbert books. They had a character who trained as a Navigator, and it had him mutating the first time he used spice to fold space. They didn’t go into much detail about how it mutated him, but the detail they did give tied up pretty well with the Lynch version.

Dune Messiah has that Guild Navigator character who was clearly the inspiration for the Lynch movie as he's described as floating around in a tank and looking less than human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dinosaurs! posted:

Was the original tweet footage or a screenshot? I'd hope "DUNC" is just, like, 90% of the way through title card's animation.

It was a fan made image so who knows why they did it that way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Dune. Arrakis. Desert planet

except for the parts that are covered in plants that the Fremen bribe the Guild to hide.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jewmanji posted:

Is the teaser that’s circulating online a leak of whatever they’re premiering on Sept 9? Because there’s text in that teaser that says only ”experience the trailer” which is confusing.

If it is the thing with Paul and the Gom Jabbar that was the teaser attached to Tenet, which says that the full trailer will be on the 9th.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Anybody who doesnt want a God Emperor movie is a coward

I want Leto II to go through with his big fake dick joke.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

incoherent posted:

He can easily side step it and not call it a directors cut. Call it a "expansive world cut" or some poo poo. He's the few that could still command as "close to final cut" rights as possible and I feel this is a "cinema vision" of dunc. Also he's need to start wheeling and dealing to generate post-movie revenue to get a part 2 filmed. Being amenable to the thought of a larger cut would go a long way.

They could do a thing where after a Dune part 2 comes out the entire thing is edited into one movie and adds back in some scenes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was really good on Severance where he was charming as hell.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Benagain posted:

Honestly I would've been 100% on for this before seeing severance but after seeing severance it's very clear that he's only getting more powerful with age

The part where he's flirting with John Turturro's character is like drat, maybe I would date Christopher Walken.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Odoyle posted:

Isn’t he supposed to look deceptively young for his age? Like still has red hair n poo poo, right?

Yeah, part of the whole thing with Spice is that it lengthens life so Shaddam is supposed to look like he's in his 30's even though he's like 78.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like we're getting Feyd's arena fight, probably as the introduction to him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Khloe_Lewis/status/1653798467410579458

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Atrydka/status/1674460455983632385

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1752037022917628257
Would be funny if they accidentally just end it exactly the same as Oppenheimer. Just Paul standing there triumphant winning his empire as visions of the jihad flash in his head.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just two weeks to go.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/1757080916932145491
Help I've fallen in love with Rebecca Ferguson.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1758202725718700342?t=Cpe8LYxm0pEdc6V2D9cLpA&s=19
How many characters are left that she could play?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1758204560709988541
Lol at these outfits.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Martman posted:

Yeehaw, declarin' a juh hawd on Joe Biden

Going to the see aitch to see my bee aitch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm seated for it now. Decided to do it up and get some popcorn, which I never do and ended up getting too much popcorn.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, they played the "welcome to the movie" video, then nothing happened.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well I'm not actually watching it yet because someone messed up and everybody is just sitting in the theater.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're on the phone with IMAX so something went really wrong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

March 1st is just North America, I think? Opening tomorrow here.

There was also a special preview screening tonight.

The mad lad did it though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol though at (major spoilers) once again ending on a cliffhanger

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole thing in my theater ended up being a half hour delay so they gave everyone free passes.

Austin Butler was good, the scenes on Geidi Prime made him look like an alien but his natural hunkiness showed through in more natural lighting.

I did like how they made sure to point out that Feyd was also close to being the KH.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kart Barfunkel posted:

On god?

I have a skeptical friend who understandably hates unresolved films. Across the Spiderverse, Dune Part 1, frankly I get it. Paying a ticket and not getting a proper ending. I had reservations about praising part 1 for this exact reason, but at least I knew where Dune was going, so I told him that he could go into this expecting a complete story. Is this movie not the full Dune book? Yes, I’ve read Messiah and know how things turn out. I’m just wondering if it actually feels like there’s a conclusion here.

Are we expecting something more like Empire Strikes Back (downer ending but a full story)

Or something like Across the Spiderverse (wherein we literally just stop the picture at X-hundred minutes)

Also welcome to Dune week everyone. I’ma be on that spice all week.

https://youtu.be/7AmeFr6GnZs

It is more Empire Strikes Back than Across the Spider-verse. it ends the same place as the original novel with one big caveat which leaves a character arc unresolved.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They certainly made part 2 with the expectation that Messiah was going to happen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/charlesxholmes/status/1761843299814641765?t=SMXKs0jXOPsjaXnZlo4XCA&s=19

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think he's waiting that long. IIRC he's said he wants to get it done by the end of this decade at least.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WW weekend box office $178 million, US $81 million which is twice the first but that also had same day streaming. Safe to say we're getting Messiah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Doesn't Dune have all manner of solid weapons and such too? I'm surprised they just went in assuming the lasgun is the default firearm.

Also I thought the issue with lasguns wasn't that they caused a huge explosion when shooting shields, but that the result was completely unpredictable, like it might cause a huge explosion, cause nothing, or might cause some kind of backfire where the user's weapon bursts and kills them instead of the target, etc.

They could have had a lot of fun with that making the lasgun like a last resort desperation thing like Shermie's ultimate in King of Fighters 2002 UM or something where it's potentially very strong but has a chance to just kill you instead. Then use other stuff as the general use weaponry instead.

When they're first introduced in the first book Paul mentions that lasguns are high maintenance, which is why they're not used a lot.