Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Dune used show on the SciFi channel all the time back in the early 2000s, and I must have watched it a dozen times. Looking forward to a new take on a weird book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The only reviews that I've seen so far have all been glowing. Granted, that's from the AV Club, Gizmodo, and The Guardian so maybe those are not fancy-pancy reviewers. Sounds to me like the movie is great, and I hope to be able to see it in theaters if it feels safe enough.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Just saw Dune in a regular theater, finally. Dang! It was really good! I read the book back in college but didn't really fall in love with it, but I really have a soft spot for the Lynch film because it was like always playing on the SciFi channel when I was in high school.

My partner came too and she hadn't seen the old one or read the book. She followed the plot really well and asked for some clarification afterward, but it confirmed what she'd intuited.

Super glad there is going to be part 2!