Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
So, a minor update before going into work today...

Apparently I will be out of state for the majority of next weekend (March 7-8). As the weekends are when I generally run the matches, do the commentary for the Match of the Night and so forth, that obviously throws a wrinkle into things as it regards RRW, especially since I can’t bring my tablet PC that has this game on it with me due to reasons.

So with that said, after the show is posted on Monday, there will be a week’s hiatus while I’m dealing with real-life stuff. (Nothing serious, just too many things coming together all at once that I need to knock off my to do list.) There’ll be a longer period to get training sent in, and I should be back to a regular schedule once the show on March 16 is posted.

Also, we’re a few shows away from the mid-season Tag Team Turmoil event. You may want to start putting some thought into requesting specific characters and/or goons to team with for the event. I’ll go into details after the Week Five show has been posted but this is one of the only ways to increase a character’s Spirit stat, so it has a purpose other than a mid-season break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd like to request Classic on the basis that we are the only two with Sims avatars.

If he's a face, then the logical choice is Lord Abernathy, but I do not think that Hailey would willingly team with a mere Lord.

(Regardless the team would be called "The Duchy of Clarence," because Hailey's dad would clearly be hiring Classic/Abernathy to team with her)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 28, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'd like to team with Abernathy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Senerio posted:

I'd like to request Classic on the basis that we are the only two with Sims avatars.

If he's a face, then the logical choice is Lord Abernathy, but I do not think that Hailey would willingly team with a mere Lord.

(Regardless the team would be called "The Duchy of Clarence," because Hailey's dad would clearly be hiring Classic/Abernathy to team with her)

I would like to accept the money of the Duchy of Clarence.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Senerio posted:

projecthalaxy posted:

I would like to accept the money of the Duchy of Clarence.

Well. Here I was about to start using time stamps as tiebreakers (Braddock I have listed as a face, so it would have been Abernathy and Hailey per the original post, which would have left I before E out in the lurch) but if projecthalaxy is willing to prove Ted DiBiase correct, who am I to judge?

So we have two out of sixteen teams so far:

Hailey/Braddock as “The Duchy of Clarence”
Nagata/Abernathy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ShadowedFlames posted:

Well. Here I was about to start using time stamps as tiebreakers (Braddock I have listed as a face, so it would have been Abernathy and Hailey per the original post, which would have left I before E out in the lurch) but if projecthalaxy is willing to prove Ted DiBiase correct, who am I to judge?

So we have two out of sixteen teams so far:

Hailey/Braddock as “The Duchy of Clarence”
Nagata/Abernathy

Oh Jack was a face. But now, He's somethin much more important than a face: someone who has money.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh Jack was a face. But now, He's somethin much more important than a face: someone who has money.

And now I really have DiBiase's theme stuck in my head. Thanks for that. :capitalism:

About to get matches started now. Here's my "no reasons, quick and dirty" picks that officially don't count for the week:

Anderson
Simmons
Otto
Glenn
Tornado
Blackfield
Abernathy
Nightmare
Hailey
Pulsar
Sven
Rev. Gross
Rose
Braddock
Nagata
Steel

For anyone else wanting to join in predictions and not have to go back a page to find them, here's the week 5 card for your convenience:

YELLOW DIVISION: Elyssa Anderson (2-2, OVR 414) vs. Yoshii Nakamatsu (3-1, OVR 414)
GREEN DIVISION: Erick Gibson (2-2, OVR 409) vs. Daniel Simmons (2-2, OVR 414)
Otto von Schwarz (3-1, OVR 415) vs. Terrance Stevens (3-1, OVR 412)
Jun Onoo (1-3, OVR 408) vs. Glenn Knight (2-2, OVR 409)
ORANGE DIVISION: El Tornado (2-2, OVR 412) vs. Sterling Silver (1-3, OVR 405)
YELLOW DIVISION: Markus Clay (3-1, OVR 412) vs. Brian Blackfield (2-2, OVR 411)
Lord Robert Abernathy (3-1, OVR 416) vs. Blood River (2-2, OVR 412)
The Siberian Nightmare (1-3, OVR 407) vs. Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-4, OVR 398)
BLUE DIVISION: Diego Rodriguez (1-3, OVR 404) vs. Hailey Carmichael (2-2, OVR 408)
ORANGE DIVISION: Pulsar (4-0, OVR 420) vs. Billy Norris (1-3, OVR 405)
Sven Ulafsson (2-2, OVR 415) vs. Brandy McDonald (2-2, OVR 408)
BLACK DIVISION: Sin (1-3, OVR 404) vs. Reverend Johnny Gross (3-1, OVR 411)
BLUE DIVISION: Indigo Rose (3-1, OVR 416) vs. Lance Heartilly (2-2, OVR 406)
PURPLE DIVISION: Vladimir Chavinski (2-2, OVR 406) vs. Jack "Classic" Braddock (2-2, OVR 408)
Eugene Nagata (2-2, OVR 407) vs. Jimmy Anarchy (2-2, OVR 408)
PURPLE DIVISION: Diamond Steel (2-2, OVR 407) vs. The Mastodon (1-3, OVR 403)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

YELLOW DIVISION: Elyssa Anderson (2-2, OVR 414) vs. Yoshii Nakamatsu (3-1, OVR 414)
GREEN DIVISION: Erick Gibson (2-2, OVR 409) vs. Daniel Simmons (2-2, OVR 414)
ORANGE DIVISION: El Tornado (2-2, OVR 412) vs. Sterling Silver (1-3, OVR 405)
YELLOW DIVISION: Markus Clay (3-1, OVR 412) vs. Brian Blackfield (2-2, OVR 411)
BLUE DIVISION: Diego Rodriguez (1-3, OVR 404) vs. Hailey Carmichael (2-2, OVR 408)
ORANGE DIVISION: Pulsar (4-0, OVR 420) vs. Billy Norris (1-3, OVR 405)
BLACK DIVISION: Sin (1-3, OVR 404) vs. Reverend Johnny Gross (3-1, OVR 411)
BLUE DIVISION: Indigo Rose (3-1, OVR 416) vs. Lance Heartilly (2-2, OVR 406)
PURPLE DIVISION: Vladimir Chavinski (2-2, OVR 406) vs. Jack "Classic" Braddock (2-2, OVR 408)
PURPLE DIVISION: Diamond Steel (2-2, OVR 407) vs. The Mastodon (1-3, OVR 403)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was bored while waiting for the Supergiant concert, so I made a handful of outfits for Hailey.

In my defense, Sims 4 character creation is really fun.

Basic Gear | Entrance/PPV/Big Event Gear

Pride Month | Formal

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
I picked up Sims 4 as part of the PS Plus free games promotion, but I haven't even touched it yet. I've been distracted by Control on weekend evenings and my guilty pleasure during the week, Soccer, Tactics, and Glory.

Anyhow, I stumbled across something while getting results worked on, which resulted in most of RRW's interns and half of the upper management to be fired for gross incompetence. Below I've quoted two posts: the original division listing post, and the part of the most recent show that has the updated division standings.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Yellow Division
  • Billy Norris
  • Elyssa Anderson
  • Markus Clay
  • Yoshii Nakamatsu

Orange Division
  • Billy Norris
  • El Tornado
  • Pulsar
  • Sterling Silver

ShadowedFlames posted:

ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 4

YELLOW DIVISION
1. Yoshii Nakamatsu: 3-1, ATV 15:42, (AMR 2.250), OVR 413.56
2. Brian Blackfield: 2-2, ATV 21:29, (AMR 2.500), OVR 411.19
3. Elyssa Anderson: 2-2, ATV 33:54, (AMR 2.500), OVR 414.29
4. Billy Norris: 1-3, ATV 14:41, (AMR 2.250), OVR 405.44

ORANGE DIVISION
1. Pulsar: 4-0, ATV 16:42 (AMR 2.500), OVR 419.54
2. Markus Clay: 3-1, ATV 12:53 (AMR 2.000), OVR 411.93
3. El Tornado: 2-2, ATV 17:28 (AMR 2.500), OVR 411.86
4. Sterling Silver: 1-3, ATV 8:18 (AMR 2.250), OVR 405.05

So...yeah. Somehow, somewhere, these got tangled up pretty badly. Billy Norris got listed twice, Brian Blackfield wasn't listed at all, and Markus Clay ended up apparently switching divisions entirely. When I went to look at the schedule for next week, something didn't look right to me. Went to look and lo and behold, the curse of being human and making mistakes strikes again. I can't even blame this new (to me) tablet PC and its lovely keyboard that often eats half my key inputs on the error; this is all on me and being six years out of practice. I'll freely admit to that.

It also turns out the posted divisions in the show results aren't even correct. I went through the entire schedule for these two divisions to determine who I'd inserted into my template (since a character wrestles everyone in their division twice in a season). I'll have these corrected for week five's show as I'm fixing my tracking database and accompanying spreadsheets now, and I'll edit the one post that announced the divisions originally once I'm done here.

These should be Elyssa, Clay, Blackfield, and Yoshii in the Yellow Division; and Norris, Silver, Tornado, and Pulsar in the Orange Division.

RRW Management regrets the error.

GoFundMes have been started for the released management personnel to help them fund a rival wrestling company in Kansas City, Kansas to shutter RRW for good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think that's the Blue Division.

I don't play Sims 4 beyond the character creator because the character creator is pretty addictive. I spent a long time on the muscle slider while making Hailey's outfits. (The face is a default face which is why it's a lot easier to make the outfits)

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Senerio posted:

I think that's the Blue Division.

My original design had every division have one factor unifying everyone in the division, which mainly stayed through into the transition to RRW:

Red: Big men / "hosses"
Yellow: Cruiserweights
Blue: Technical grapplers (and one cheating bastard in Big Scott Weathers before Hailey took his spot and made this all technical wrestlers)
White: Entertainers/Showmen (Nagata fills in nicely here, the spot he took was random)
Green: Story division based around money and those who have it vs. those who don't. Hence, an evil boss (Gibson), a working man (Simmons), wealthy British nobility (Abernathy), and a guy who fought for money growing up (Glenn had basically the same background as Mel O'Hallister so this was an easy swap to make).
Purple: Strikers/Punchers (Braddock steps into this division, who he replaced was random and Wassermann got the bad draw)
Orange: Luchador(a)s (Norris is the odd man out here, but justified for the flip piledriver)
Black: Story division based around religion. A southern Baptist preacher, a cultist, the embodiment of sin, and an atheist. It writes itself.

I found my one sheet that has a print layout for division standings had a wrong label (it had Blue and Yellow Divisions reversed) so that is probably where you got that from. It's fixed and showing correctly now.

So, anyhow...guess who had the show finished at work yesterday, but left the flash drive with it plugged into his computer at work like a dumbass? Yeah. I remembered to snag it today so a show is incoming within the next few minutes.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING: SEASON ONE, WEEK FIVE
Live from RRW Arena in Kansas City, Missouri!

YELLOW DIVISION
Elyssa Anderson (2-2, OVR 414) vs. Yoshii Nakamatsu (3-1, OVR 414)

After the aberration that was last week’s opening match, RRW management decided to send out two cruiserweights to start the show. The leading question coming into this match was if Anderson had lost her edge from the first two weeks. From the opening bell, it seemed like that was indeed the case, as Nakamatsu went after Anderson from the opening bell. While it ended up being back and forth over the opening ten minutes, Yoshii had done more damage and was looking for his DEVASTATION knee to really put the hurt on Elyssa. She countered by dropkicking that knee, and suddenly she was back in the contest.

One Andersault. Two Andersaults. Three Andersaults. She had the momentum, and whipped Nakamatsu into the corner, looking for the Elysium Whirl. It was all but over.

But Yoshii reversed the whip, and dropped Anderson with a DDT seconds later. The momentum had quickly gone the other way, and thirty seconds later, a Nakamatsu Driver sent Anderson into a three-match losing streak and spiraling downward fast.

Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-1) def. Elyssa Anderson (2-3) via Pinfall (Nakamatsu Driver) in 16:36. Rating: ***
Changes for Yoshii Nakamatsu: OVR + 5.62, XP + 528.63, Minor damage to head and body
Changes for Elyssa Anderson: OVR + 0.78, XP + 132.16, Moderate damage to head

GREEN DIVISION
Erick Gibson (2-2, OVR 409) vs. Daniel Simmons (2-2, OVR 414)

Gibson came to the ring distracted and, notably, without Karen McClure accompanying him. His lack of mental focus did him no favors as Simmons effortlessly put him away after minimal offense on Gibson’s part. This was essentially a glorified squash match and not really worth going out of your way to track down footage of.

Daniel Simmons (3-2) def. Erick Gibson (2-3) via Pinfall (Blue Collar Driver) in 10:40. Rating: **
Changes for Daniel Simmons: OVR + 4.00, XP + 485.12, No notable damage
Changes for Erick Gibson: OVR -0.07, XP + 103.09, Minor damage to head

For such a difference in sizes, this ended up being a better match than expected. Stevens, who typically doesn’t have the speed advantage in his matches, used the opportunity to stick and move against von Schwarz. He had control for most of the opening parts of the match, but once he got caught by a von Schwarz left hand, the big man went to the attack, using his size and his power to pummel Stevens relentlessly over the next few minutes. Terrance would mount a bit of a comeback, hitting a Canuckle Shuffle and looking for a Maple Leaf Meltdown. Otto would catch the leg to block the finisher attempt, deliver a strong charging forearm to send the Canadian outside, and catch Stevens coming back into the ring with a Gute Nacht to pick up the victory and solidify his hold on the Red Division.

Otto von Schwarz (4-1) def. Terrance Stevens (3-2) via Pinfall (Gute Nacht) in 15:51. Rating: ***
Changes for Otto von Schwarz: OVR + 5.56, XP + 449.01, Minor damage to head
Changes for Terrance Stevens: OVR + 0.77, XP + 132.06, Minor damage to head and body

Whereas the Erick Gibson/Daniel Simmons was a glorified squash, this match actually was a squash. Onoo got very little offense in, and Knight dismantled Onoo in quick order, hitting The Promise at just over nine minutes into the contest to get a win even if it wasn’t viewed favorably by the so-called wrestling pundits.

Glenn Knight (3-2) def. Jun Onoo (1-4) via Pinfall (The Promise) in 9:10. Rating: *
Changes for Glenn Knight: OVR + 2.77, XP + 444.03, no notable damage
Changes for Jun Onoo: OVR -0.84, XP + 111.01, minor damage to head

ORANGE DIVISION
El Tornado (2-2, OVR 412) vs. Sterling Silver (1-3, OVR 405)

Tess Bradenbury: Folks, hope you’re strapped in and watching closely because if you blink during our next match, you might miss something!

Johnny Tyler: Yeah, Sterling Silver losing again.

Tess Bradenbury: Ignoring the curmudgeon for the moment, it’s an Orange Division clash between two highly experienced Luchadors. El Tornado looks to keep the pressure on the still-undefeated Pulsar, while Sterling Silver is looking for her second victory of the year and to get back into the thick of the hunt in the division.

Johnny Tyler: Spoiler alert—it’s not going to happen. Tornado wins this going away and maybe Silver will get the idea and just leave. Save us all the misery of seeing her lose every week.

Tess Bradenbury: Silver’s been in the Match of the Night once already this season, Johnny.

Johnny Tyler: And that means what for her record, which is the main thing that matters?

Tess Bradenbury: …folks, let’s go to the ring before I slap this guy upside his wrinkled old head.

Johnny Tyler: Hey!

quote:

(00:08) S. Silver applied a Hammerlock
(00:15) S. Silver hit a Running Face Smash
(00:23) S. Silver picked up El Tornado
(00:30) S. Silver hit a Running Clothesline
(00:34) S. Silver hit a Fist Drop
(00:40) S. Silver picked up El Tornado
(00:47) S. Silver hit a Running Clothesline
(00:54) S. Silver picked up El Tornado
(00:59) El Tornado blocked a Puñetazo
(01:05) S. Silver hit a Dropkick To Corner
(01:12) S. Silver hit a Corner Estacas
(01:17) El Tornado fought back against being picked up
(01:21) El Tornado hit a Headbutt
(01:25) El Tornado hit a Guillotina
(01:35) El Tornado picked up S. Silver
(01:38) El Tornado hit a Puñetazo
(01:45) El Tornado hit a Running Clothesline
(01:50) S. Silver fought back against being picked up from behind
(01:57) S. Silver hit an Estacas
(02:07) El Tornado moved out of the way from a Running Half Senton.
(02:15) El Tornado picked up S. Silver
(02:18) El Tornado hit a Forearm Blow
(02:23) S. Silver blocked a Headbutt
(02:37) El Tornado applied a Candado
(02:40) El Tornado hit a Jab Punch
(02:45) S. Silver blocked a Headbutt
(02:49) S. Silver blocked a Headbutt
(02:56) S. Silver hit a Running Schoolboy Roll Up
(03:00) S. Silver got a two count
(03:08) S. Silver hit a Lucha Spinning Arm Drag
(03:15) S. Silver hit a Women's DDT
(03:28) S. Silver hit a Running Half Senton
(03:41) S. Silver hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(03:54) S. Silver hit a Running Senton
(04:00) El Tornado easily moved out of the way from a Running Knee Drop.
(04:04) El Tornado hit a Fist Drop
(04:08) El Tornado hit a Guillotina
(04:16) Sterling Silver easily moved out of the way from a Measured Knee Drop.
(04:29) S. Silver hit a Running Senton
(04:36) S. Silver hit a Snap Driving Elbow
(04:45) El Tornado moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(04:49) El Tornado hit an Elbow Drop
(04:55) S. Silver very easily avoided a Stomp.
(05:03) El Tornado moved out of the way from a Patadas Voladoras after both wrestlers failed in their attacks.

Tess Bradenbury: I know it’s early, but I think Silver came ready to fight tonight.

Johnny Tyler: Well, I think both of these two need to lay off the espresso. I can’t keep up with how fast they’re moving!

Tess Bradenbury: Well, Johnny, it is a young person’s game these days…

Johnny Tyler: I’m not old, dammit! I’m just well-traveled!

quote:

(05:07) El Tornado hit a Fist Drop
(05:11) El Tornado hit an Elbow Drop
(05:17) Sterling Silver very easily moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(05:23) El Tornado easily moved out of the way from a Running Senton.
(05:38) El Tornado hit a Stomp Flurry
(05:47) El Tornado picked up S. Silver
(05:57) El Tornado hit a Seated Face Plant
(06:01) El Tornado hit an Elbow Drop
(06:09) El Tornado hit a Stomp To Groin
(06:13) El Tornado hit an Elbow Drop
(06:20) Sterling Silver very easily moved out of the way from a Measured Knee Drop.
(06:27) El Tornado very easily moved out of the way from a Knee Drop.
(06:31) El Tornado hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(06:36) S. Silver stopped a Slit Throat Motion by rushing El Tornado
(06:50) S. Silver applied a Candado Invertido
(06:53) El Tornado countered a Spear with a Forearm Blow
(06:58) El Tornado irish whipped S. Silver into the ropes
(07:01) S. Silver countered a Segadora with a Puñetazo
(07:06) El Tornado slipped out the front of a Lucha Swinging Arm Drag
(07:13) S. Silver countered a Running Schoolboy Roll Up with an Estacas
(07:22) S. Silver picked up El Tornado
(07:36) S. Silver applied a Candado
(07:41) El Tornado rolled through a Running Schoolboy Roll Up
(07:45) S. Silver blocked a Seated Face Plant
(07:52) El Tornado hit a Flying Forearm
(07:56) El Tornado hit a Running Knee Drop
(08:00) El Tornado hit a Measured Knee Drop
(08:00) S. Silver started to bleed

Johnny Tyler: What good are those masks if they don’t protect you from bleeding?

Tess Bradenbury: Johnny, unless it’s a polyurethane mask, or maybe a football helmet, nothing’s going to stop a knee breaking your nose if it lands squarely!

Johnny Tyler: (grudgingly) I guess you have a point there….

quote:

(08:09) El Tornado picked up S. Silver
(08:14) S. Silver broke a Seated Face Plant
(08:21) S. Silver hit a Women's DDT
(08:28) S. Silver picked up El Tornado
(08:42) S. Silver applied a Candado
(08:49) S. Silver hit a Running Schoolboy Roll Up
(08:54) S. Silver got a two count
(09:00) El Tornado very easily avoided a Dropkick To Knee.
(09:07) El Tornado hit a DDT
(09:15) El Tornado picked up S. Silver from behind
(09:24) S. Silver very easily avoided a Blindside High Knee.
(09:31) S. Silver hit an Estacas
(09:38) S. Silver hit a Snap Driving Elbow
(09:45) S. Silver used a Lucha Senton Pin
(09:50) S. Silver got a two count
(09:57) S. Silver hit a Women's Spear
(10:02) El Tornado stopped a Get Up Taunt by rushing S. Silver
(10:05) El Tornado hit a Kick To Gut
(10:19) El Tornado applied a Candado
(10:26) El Tornado hit a DDT
(10:26) S. Silver began bleeding quite heavily

Johnny Tyler: I don’t think I’ve seen Tornado this violent before. I approve!

Tess Bradenbury: All of this damage to the head and nose is going to affect Silver’s ability to breathe, which only pushes the advantage further in Tornado’s favor. She needs a comeback, and fast, before anything else happens to her!

quote:

(10:31) S. Silver fought back as El Tornado tried to climb the turnbuckles
(10:38) S. Silver hit a Knee Plant
(10:45) S. Silver hit a Patadas Voladoras
(11:00) S. Silver hit a Stomp Flurry
(11:04) El Tornado stopped a Get Up Taunt by rushing S. Silver
(11:11) El Tornado hit a Running Clothesline
(11:15) El Tornado hit a Fist Drop
(11:19) El Tornado hit a Measured Knee Drop
(11:28) Sterling Silver moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(11:32) S. Silver hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(11:39) S. Silver used a Lucha Senton Pin
(11:43) S. Silver got a two count
(11:50) S. Silver hit a Knee Plant
(12:04) S. Silver used a Get Up Taunt
(12:11) S. Silver hit a Patadas Voladoras
(12:18) S. Silver hit a Half Senton
(12:33) S. Silver hit a Stomp Flurry
(12:46) S. Silver hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(12:53) S. Silver hit a Half Senton
(13:00) S. Silver used a Lucha Senton Pin
(13:04) S. Silver got a two count
(13:14) S. Silver hit a Spear
(13:19) S. Silver leapt up to the top turnbuckle
(13:24) El Tornado shook the ropes to stop an On Wings of Silver
(13:29) S. Silver kicked El Tornado away
(13:37) S. Silver hit a Second Rope Dropkick
(13:41) S. Silver leapt up to the top turnbuckle
(13:45) El Tornado shook the ropes to stop an On Wings of Silver
(13:49) S. Silver got down off the top turnbuckle
(13:55) S. Silver hit a Dropkick To Corner
(14:02) Sterling Silver charges from across the ring...there's the Silver Streak, and she goes up top, ready to fly!
(14:12) Sterling Silver looks to end it via On Wings of Silver, but El Tornado gets out of the way!

Johnny Tyler: Bwahahahaha! It’s over! Cover her, Tornado, and end this farce!

Tess Bradenbury: Tornado must have the same idea already; he shoots the half and falls into a lateral press, hooking the near leg...one…two…thr—no! Silver just gets a shoulder up at two-and-a-half!

Johnny Tyler: Come on, ref, learn to count!

Tess Bradenbury: It’s not the ref that’s the issue, Johnny. Sterling Silver still has fight in her, broken nose and all!

quote:

(14:25) El Tornado applied a Hammerlock
(14:30) El Tornado irish whipped S. Silver into the ropes
(14:41) El Tornado hit a Segadora
(15:01) El Tornado almost got a count out
(15:11) El Tornado hit a Seated Face Plant
(15:18) El Tornado hit a Snap Driving Elbow
(15:25) El Tornado hit a Power Guillotina
(15:40) El Tornado hit a Stomp Flurry
(15:44) El Tornado hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(15:52) El Tornado hit a Stomp To Groin
(15:56) El Tornado hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(16:03) El Tornado used a Top Rope Point Taunt
(16:10) Sterling Silver very easily moved out of the way from a Tornado Splash.

Johnny Tyler: Oh, for the love of…

Tess Bradenbury: Silver goes into a jackknife cover; can she steal one away here? One, two, and…no! Two only, Tornado rolls the left shoulder up! This could go to either combatant at this rate; both have tried for their signature aerial finishers and both have crashed and burned so far!

quote:

(16:22) S. Silver hit a Running Schoolboy Roll Up
(16:26) S. Silver got a two count
(16:40) S. Silver applied a Candado Invertido
(16:50) S. Silver hit a Crucifix Cradle
(16:54) S. Silver got a two count
(17:01) S. Silver hit a Patadas Voladoras
(17:05) S. Silver hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(17:12) S. Silver hit a Senton
(17:26) S. Silver used a Get Up Taunt
(17:32) S. Silver hit a Dropkick To Knee
(17:46) S. Silver used a Get Up Taunt
(17:53) S. Silver hit a Knee Plant
(17:57) El Tornado fought back as S. Silver tried to climb the turnbuckles
(18:00) El Tornado hit a Puñetazo
(18:14) El Tornado applied a Candado Invertido
(18:21) El Tornado hit a Knee Plant
(18:28) El Tornado hit a Running Clothesline
(18:43) El Tornado hit a Stomp Flurry
(18:47) El Tornado hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(18:51) El Tornado hit a Running Knee Drop
(18:58) El Tornado used a Top Rope Point Taunt
(19:03) S. Silver stopped a Top Rope Predator's Taunt by rushing El Tornado

Johnny Tyler: Took too long!

Tess Bradenbury: Silver’s experience paid off there, and caught Tornado on a mental slip. Can she take advantage of it, though?

Johnny Tyler: Probably not. This is Sterling Silver we’re talking about, Tess.

quote:

(19:08) S. Silver climbed down off the top rope
(19:15) S. Silver threw El Tornado off the top rope
(19:22) El Tornado very easily moved out of the way from a Running Senton.
(19:29) El Tornado hit a Power Guillotina
(19:37) El Tornado hit a Stomp To Groin
(19:44) El Tornado used a Slit Throat Motion
(19:59) El Tornado hit a Stomp Flurry
(20:03) El Tornado hit a Running Knee Drop
(20:18) El Tornado hit a Stomp Flurry
(20:22) El Tornado hit a Measured Knee Drop
(20:26) El Tornado hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(20:30) El Tornado hit a Running Knee Drop
(20:37) El Tornado hit a Snap Driving Elbow
(20:44) El Tornado used a Top Rope Point Taunt
(20:56) El Tornado up to the top here...and there's the Tornado Splash! That may do it!

Johnny Tyler: Told you! This one is over!

Tess Bradenbury: Tornado hooks both legs here…there’s one, two…and three! Tornado pulls out a hard-fought match and comes away with the victory!

Johnny Tyler: As we all expected would happen. Yawn. Next, please!

Tess Bradenbury: Johnny, surely you couldn’t have been that bored with it!

Johnny Tyler: When the outcome was never in doubt, of course I was. I just faked it well enough for TV.

Tess Bradenbury: I’m sure you’re quite familiar with that away from the cameras, Johnny.

Johnny Tyler: You’re darn right I am—hey! That’s not what I was talking about, goddammit!

El Tornado (3-2) def. Sterling Silver (1-4) via Pinfall (Tornado Splash) in 21:00. Rating: ***
Changes for El Tornado: OVR + 5.94, XP + 605.92, minor damage to head, moderate damage to body
Changes for Sterling Silver: OVR + 0.82, XP + 207.73, Severe damage to head, minor damage to body
This is the Match of the Night (2 for El Tornado, 2 for Sterling Silver)

YELLOW DIVISION
Markus Clay (3-1, OVR 412) vs. Brian Blackfield (2-2, OVR 411)

This match appeared to be heading into three-star or better territory. Close match, back-and-forth even if no real big moves were hit. So the sudden ending to the contest came as a shock and kind of lowered the overall reception of the bout. Clay was climbing back in the ring after being sent outside courtesy of a blindside high knee from Blackfield. The Scottish native went for a DDT as soon as Clay stepped through the ropes, but Clay shoved Blackfield a few steps backward, went to the side ropes, and caught Blackfield flush with a spear. The impact knocked the wind out of Blackfield, and it was enough for Clay to get a surprise three-count and end the match before it could kick into a higher gear.

Markus Clay (4-1) def. Brian Blackfield (2-3) via Pinfall (Spear) in 9:29. Rating: **
Changes for Markus Clay: OVR + 3.94, XP + 484.55, No notable damage
Changes for Brian Blackfield: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.14, No notable damage

By all rights, this match should have been over two minutes before it actually was. Abernathy had control, had delivered a Shatterfall, and covered River for the pin. The ref counted three, but then waved it off after seeing a foot on the ropes. Abernathy spun the ref around, said something that wasn’t fit for network television, and knocked River back down with a knee lift before locking in an STF, which Johnny Tyler on commentary claimed Abernathy calls God Save the Queen. Abernathy could be heard shouting at the ref to “try saving him from this” as he wrenched away on River. Only a few seconds later, River tapped out to put an end to the match.

Lord Robert Abernathy (4-1) def. Blood River (2-3) via Submission (God Save the Queen) in 11:48. Rating: **
Changes for Lord Robert Abernathy: OVR + 4.07, XP + 485.66, No notable damage
Changes for Blood River: OVR -0.07, XP + 103.20, minor damage to head

This was a Match of the Night contender, and was much closer than many thought it had any right to be. Ouilette took advantage of Cecile Corine interference to bust Nightmare open with a DDT. A missed Le Petit Mort gave Nightmare a chance to get back into it, and Nightmare did just that with a vile Sickle discus lariat that nearly turned Ouilette inside-out. Ouilette would fight back, hitting a second DDT and perhaps deciding to go for the blood loss stoppage route. But a second missed Le Petit Mort would spell the beginning of the end for Ouilette, who despite having his best showing since the season started would fall to a Siberian Avalanche to send him to a winless 0-5 record.

The Siberian Nightmare (2-3) def. Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-5) via Pinfall (Siberian Avalanche) in 20:06. Rating: ***
Changes for The Siberian Nightmare: OVR + 5.87, XP + 530.45, Minor damage to head
Changes for Jean-Paul Ouilette: OVR + 0.81, XP + 112.72, Minor damage to head and body

BLUE DIVISION
Diego Rodriguez (1-3, OVR 404) vs. Hailey Carmichael (2-2, OVR 408)

This was a longer match that didn’t really have much of interest. Lots of counters, not a whole lot of damage inflicted. It was a match that was mainly equal, but Rodriguez ended up doing more damage despite not being able to execute his Prelude to Dissonance on several occasions. Hailey couldn’t string together more than a half-dozen moves or strikes at a time, and this ended up being her downfall as, unable to build momentum, she eventually fell victim to a Harmony of Dissonance, and had to tap out to prevent any lasting damage to herself on this night.

Diego Rodriguez (2-3) def. Hailey Carmichael (2-3) via Submission (Harmony of Dissonance) in 17:28. Rating: **
Changes for Diego Rodriguez: OVR + 4.39, XP + 488.38
Changes for Hailey Carmichael: OVR -0.08, XP + 103.78

ORANGE DIVISION
Pulsar (4-0, OVR 420) vs. Billy Norris (1-3, OVR 405)

It’s been documented elsewhere that half of RRW’s upper management was let go. It turns out this is the match where it was discovered, as the ring announcer seemed to be confused that this was listed as an Orange Division match when she thought it wasn’t. That led to people scrambling backstage to figure out what happened, which led to the discovery of the mistakes that led to the mass firings that were reported in Figure Eight Weekly.

As for the match itself, this was closer than it had any right to be. Norris came out looking to prove a point, pushing Pulsar into danger territory early but still being unable to hit his Down Under Disaster. Pulsar fought back with some lucha staples, and at one point looked ready to end things with the Zodiac Implosion. That’s when Norris collapsed into the ropes and crotched Pulsar on the top turnbuckle. It took less than a minute after that for Norris to connect with the Down Under Disaster, and just like that, there were no undefeated wrestlers left in RRW. Norris picks up a huge upset to add to the shaking up of RRW’s corporate infrastructure away from the cameras.

Billy Norris (2-3) def. Pulsar (4-1) via Pinfall (Down Under Disaster) in 14:44. Rating: ***

Changes for Billy Norris: OVR + 5.48, XP + 527.66, Minor damage to head and body
Changes for Pulsar: OVR + 0.76, XP + 131.92, Minor damage to head

This one was only close in he opening few minutes, but by the seven-minute mark it had become clear who was going to win this match. Hint: it wasn’t the big man.

Brandy, who had done her actual in-ring training at a school run by a stocky, 300+ pound guy who specialized in technical wresting, seemed surprisingly at ease here, using leverage instead of brute force to move the larger man around and kept him grounded with strikes and work on the knee. Sven seemed overmatched here, and a Brandy With a Twist was all that was needed for Brandy to, at least for the moment, assume the lead in the White Division thanks to her success against Terrance Stevens earlier in the season.

Brandy McDonald (3-2) def. Sven Ulafsson (2-3) via Pinfall (Brandy With a Twist) in 13:22. Rating: **
Changes for Brandy McDonald: OVR + 4.16, XP + 486.42, No notable damage
Changes for Sven Ulafsson: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.60, Minor damage to head

BLACK DIVISION
Sin (1-3, OVR 404) vs. Reverend Johnny Gross (3-1, OVR 411)

In the week leading to this match, Rev. Gross was spouting Scripture on Twitter, promising to rain down hellfire on the heathen sinner. Uncharacteristically, Sin didn’t rise to the bait to reply, leading some to wonder what was going on. When she came out for her match, it became very apparent that she was fighting off some sort of illness. She came to the ring with bags under her eyes, looking about three shades paler than normal, and wearing ring gear that was nowhere near as provocative as she normally wore.

It didn’t stop Rev. Gross from quickly putting her down for a one-sided submission victory, though some may have thought that Gross took it light on Sin for some reason. Whether this was due to Sin being sick or some other reason is up for speculation.

Reverend Johnny Gross (4-1) def. Sin (1-4) via Submission (Come to Jesus) in 11:12. Rating: *
Changes for Reverend Johnny Gross: OVR + 2.85, XP + 444.93, No notable damage
Changes for Sin: OVR -0.87, XP + 111.23, Minor damage to head

BLUE DIVISION
Indigo Rose (3-1, OVR 416) vs. Lance Heartilly (2-2, OVR 406)

As if the last match wasn’t bad enough, this one was just as bad, except that it ran about five minutes longer and still wasn’t received very well. Another one-sided affair, though it wasn’t due to illness or anything obvious. Rose was just simply outclassed in this match and didn’t really threaten for most of it. Heartilly got his Hellacious Leglock applied and Rose just didn’t have the leverage to turn them both over onto their stomachs. Heartilly claims a submission win and, as a bonus, the current Blue Division lead.

Lance Heartilly (3-2) def. Indigo Rose (3-2) via Submission (Hellacious Leglock) in 16:23. Rating: *
Changes for Lance Heartilly: OVR + 3.06, XP + 447.21, no notable damage
Changes for Indigo Rose: OVR -0.93, XP + 111.80, Minor damage to head

PURPLE DIVISION
Vladimir Chavinski (2-2, OVR 406) vs. Jack "Classic" Braddock (2-2, OVR 408)

The stretch of mostly one-sided matches came to a halt here, though not by much. Chavinski dominated the beginning part of the match handily. When Braddock started to fight back, working on the arms with one of the only holds he knows (a hammerlock), some of the fans in attendance tried in vain to start a “You Sold Out” chant. It caught the attention of Johnny Tyler at ringside, who asked on commentary if Tess knew what that was about. Tess grudgingly noted that Braddock had accepted the offer to team with Hailey Carmichael for the Tag Team Turmoil event in a month’s time, which got picked up by some fans in the row right behind the announcer’s desk. They renewed the chant, and this time it seemed to take. The chant seemed to rattle Braddock a bit, allowing Chavinski to get back into the match, and eventually the victory as Braddock was unable to break the offensive momentum of an exhausted Chavinski. A ground and pound converted into a rear naked choke was what it took in the end.

Vladimir Chavinski (3-2) def. Jack "Classic" Braddock (2-3) via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 10:01. Rating: **
Changes for Vladimir Chavinski: OVR + 3.97, XP + 484.81, Minor damage to head
Changes for Jack "Classic" Braddock: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.20, Minor damage to head

This ended up being very poorly-received by the in-house crowd. There wasn’t a serious flow in the match, both men were exhausted early, and it was a sloppy affair all around. Eugene got lacerated after Anarchy bit him on the forehead, but otherwise Nagata ended up on the good side of things after a Nagata Lock 5, a Nagata Special, and a Nagata Knockout all in the span of a minute spelled the end for Jimmy Anarchy.

Eugene Nagata (3-2) def. Jimmy Anarchy (2-3) via Pinfall (Nagata Knockout) in 16:54. Rating: *
Changes for Eugene Nagata: OVR + 3.08, XP + 380.32
Changes for Jimmy Anarchy: OVR -0.94, XP + 111.86

PURPLE DIVISION
Diamond Steel (2-2, OVR 407) vs. The Mastodon (1-3, OVR 403)

This match, ostensibly between two wrestlers in the Purple Division, ended up more like Diamond Steel versus The Mastodon and the referee in a handicap match. Steel hit an All Out Blitz early, which Mastodon managed to adrenaline rush through to go on the attack. Ultimately, little of importance happened, and Steel hit a second All Out Blitz, went for the cover, and got three…only for the ref to overturn it due to a missed foot on the ropes. She then delivered an implant DDT, and the ref was late getting into position, which allowed Mastodon to kick out a split-second before the three. Her frustration led to Mastodon getting some more offense in, but Steel fought through it, hit her third All Out Blitz in the match, and stared daggers at the ref as he counted the three in the dead center of the ring to end week five’s proceedings.

Diamond Steel (3-2) def. The Mastodon (1-4) via Pinfall (All Out Blitz) in 19:29. Rating: **
Changes for Diamond Steel: OVR + 4.5, XP + 489.35, moderate damage to head
Changes for The Mastodon: OVR -0.08, XP + 122.34, minor damage to body

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 5

RINGSPORTS CONFERENCE

RED DIVISION
1. Otto von Schwarz: 4-1, ATV 12:05, (AMR 2.800), OVR 420.28
2. Sven Ulafsson: 2-3, ATV 19:16, (AMR 3.000), OVR 414.50
3. Jun Onoo: 1-4, ATV 13:16, (AMR 2.600), OVR 407.62
4. The Mastodon: 1-4, ATV 15:20, (AMR 2.000), OVR 403.10
(Onoo has ATV [tier 2] tiebreaker)

YELLOW DIVISION
1. Markus Clay: 4-1, ATV 12:02, (AMR 2.000), OVR 415.87
2. Yoshii Nakamatsu: 4-1, ATV 15:55, (AMR 2.400), OVR 419.18
3. Brian Blackfield: 2-3, ATV 21:29, (AMR 2.400), OVR 411.12
4. Elyssa Anderson: 2-3, ATV 33:54, (AMR 2.600), OVR 415.07
(Clay and Blackfield both have ATV [tier 2] tiebreakers)

BLUE DIVISION
1. Lance Heartilly: 3-2, ATV 13:03, (AMR 1.200), OVR 408.66
2. Indigo Rose: 3-2, ATV 38:01, (AMR 1.600), OVR 415.12
3. Diego Rodriguez: 2-3, ATV 16:10, (AMR 1.800), OVR 408.58
4. Hailey Carmichael: 2-3, ATV 17:20, (AMR 1.800), OVR 407.68
(Heartilly and Rodriguez both have head-to-head [tier 1] tiebreakers)

WHITE DIVISION
1. Brandy McDonald: 3-2, ATV 13:43, (AMR 2.000), OVR 412.02
2. Terrance Stevens: 3-2, ATV 13:44, (AMR 2.200), OVR 412.83
3. Eugene Nagata: 3-2, ATV 20:53, (AMR 1.200), OVR 409.75
4. Jean-Paul Ouilette: 0-5, ATV N/A, (AMR 1.800), OVR 398.71
(Brandy wins 3-way tiebreaker [tier 1] due to combined head-to-head (Brandy 2-0 vs. Nagata 0-2 vs. Stevens 1-1)
(Stevens wins remaining tiebreaker due to head-to-head record [tier 1])

WRESTLEHUT CONFERENCE

GREEN DIVISION
1. Lord Robert Abernathy: 4-1, ATV 14:20 (AMR 2.600), OVR 420.55
2. Daniel Simmons: 3-2, ATV 18:33 (AMR 2.800), OVR 418.09
3. Glenn Knight: 3-2, ATV 9:36 (AMR 2.000), OVR 411.84
4. Erick Gibson: 2-3, ATV 15:36 (AMR 2.200), OVR 408.67
(Simmons has head-to-head [tier 1] tiebreaker)

ORANGE DIVISION
1. Pulsar: 4-1, ATV 16:42 (AMR 2.600), OVR 420.30
2. El Tornado: 3-2, ATV 18:38 (AMR 2.600), OVR 417.80
3. Billy Norris: 2-3, ATV 14:42 (AMR 2.400), OVR 410.92
4. Sterling Silver: 1-4, ATV 8:18 (AMR 2.400), OVR 405.87

PURPLE DIVISION
1. Vladimir Chavinski: 3-2, ATV 13:13 (AMR 1.400), OVR 409.48
2. Diamond Steel: 3-2, ATV 15:42 (AMR 1.800), OVR 411.93
3. Jack "Classic" Braddock: 2-3, ATV 15:51 (AMR 1.800), OVR 407.46
4. The Siberian Nightmare: 2-3, ATV 17:27 (AMR 2.800), OVR 412.76
(Chavinski and Braddock both have ATV [tier 2] tiebreakers)

BLACK DIVISION
1. Reverend Johnny Gross: 4-1, ATV 12:18 (AMR 1.600), OVR 413.50
2. Jimmy Anarchy: 2-3, ATV 12:23 (AMR 1.800), OVR 407.12
3. Blood River: 2-3, ATV 25:38 (AMR 2.400), OVR 412.37
4. Sin: 1-4, ATV 14:41 (AMR 1.800), OVR 403.13
(Anarchy has head-to-head [tier 1] tiebreaker)

PREDICTION STANDINGS
Projecthalaxy: 24 + 9 = 33
Senerio: 26 + 4 = 30
I Before E: 10 + 0 = 10
ShadowedFlames: 9 this week

ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING: WEEK 6 SCHEDULE
Live from the RRW Arena in Kansas City, Missouri!

RED DIVISION: The Siberian Nightmare (2-3, OVR 413) vs. Otto von Schwarz (4-1, OVR 420)
GREEN DIVISION: Daniel Simmons (3-2, OVR 418) vs. Lord Robert Abernathy (4-1, OVR 421)
Indigo Rose (3-2, OVR 415) vs. Diamond Steel (3-2, OVR 412)
Markus Clay (4-1, OVR 416) vs. Hailey Carmichael (2-3, OVR 408)
Sven Ulafsson (2-3, OVR 415) vs. Terrance Stevens (3-2, OVR 413)
Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-1, OVR 419) vs. Pulsar (4-1, OVR 420)
WHITE DIVISION: Brandy McDonald (3-2, OVR 412) vs. Eugene Nagata (3-2, OVR 410)
El Tornado (3-2, OVR 418) vs. Vladimir Chavinski (3-2, OVR 409)
Glenn Knight (3-2, OVR 412) vs. Reverend Johnny Gross (4-1, OVR 414)
Brian Blackfield (2-3, OVR 411) vs. Diego Rodriguez (2-3, OVR 409)
BLACK DIVISION SUBMISSION MATCH: Sin (1-4, OVR 403) vs. Jimmy Anarchy (2-3, OVR 407)
LAST MAN STANDING MATCH: Elyssa Anderson (2-3, OVR 415) vs. Sterling Silver (1-4, OVR 406)
Billy Norris (2-3, OVR 411) vs. The Mastodon (1-4, OVR 403)
Jun Onoo (1-4, OVR 408) vs. Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-5, OVR 399)
Erick Gibson (2-3, OVR 409) vs. Blood River (2-3, OVR 412)
CAGE MATCH: Lance Heartilly (3-2, OVR 409) vs. Jack "Classic" Braddock (2-3, OVR 407)

DUE TO OP’S OFFLINE COMMITMENTS, TRAINING DEADLINE IS PUSHED BACK TO MARCH 12 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US TIME. THERE WILL BE NO SHOW ON MONDAY, MARCH 9.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

As the great Ric Flair once said, "A cage, A CAGE, WOOOOO A CAGE!"

Also takedowns and mounted punches are both forms of cheating everyone knows this

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well, this is a slump, but Clay is gonna be the first step towards breaking that slump.

RED DIVISION: The Siberian Nightmare (2-3, OVR 413) vs. Otto von Schwarz (4-1, OVR 420)
GREEN DIVISION: Daniel Simmons (3-2, OVR 418) vs. Lord Robert Abernathy (4-1, OVR 421)
Markus Clay (4-1, OVR 416) vs. Hailey Carmichael (2-3, OVR 408) (duh)
BLACK DIVISION SUBMISSION MATCH: Sin (1-4, OVR 403) vs. Jimmy Anarchy (2-3, OVR 407)
LAST MAN STANDING MATCH: Elyssa Anderson (2-3, OVR 415) vs. Sterling Silver (1-4, OVR 406)
CAGE MATCH: Lance Heartilly (3-2, OVR 409) vs. Jack "Classic" Braddock (2-3, OVR 407)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

projecthalaxy posted:

Also takedowns and mounted punches are both forms of cheating everyone knows this

Tell that to the Brawl 4 All.... :getin:

I’m going to get rolling on the week’s proceedings tomorrow. Finishing up database maintenance tonight around a headache that just isn’t going away. Still on track for Monday for next proper update.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING: SEASON ONE, WEEK SIX
Live from an empty RRW Arena in Kansas City, Missouri!

For the second time this season, we open with the Match of the Night. So without further ado…

RED DIVISION
The Siberian Nightmare (2-3, OVR 413) vs. Otto von Schwarz (4-1, OVR 420)

Tess Bradenbury: Good evening, everyone, and welcome to the RRW Arena. As you can see, tonight, and the next several weeks at a minimum, are going to be unique here. With the global pandemic going on out there, the administration of RRW, whom we collectively call the RRW “moderators,” have decided that--like many other places--for the sake of the public at large, we’re closing off our shows to the public. However, we’re still going to wrestle and entertain. In this time of uncertainty, we want you to sit back, try to relax, and enjoy what we here in RRW do best.

Johnny Tyler: I’m in full agreement with Tess here. I know, most of you don’t like me for what I say out here, and I get it. But this is beyond the character. This isn’t Johnny Tyler talking, folks. I’m speaking as the guy behind the character right now, as in Johnathan Tyler Goodman. We want everyone to stay safe, and stay well. And when RRW re-opens to the public, you can bash me in person all you want. We just want you to actually be able to do it.

Tess Bradenbury: With that, folks, I’m going to give Johnny a moment to get himself back into the character that you all have come to hate. We start tonight off in the Red Division, as Otto von Schwarz, the division leader at 4-1, takes on The Siberian Nightmare who comes in with a 2-3 record.

Johnny Tyler: Wait. Wait a drat minute. I have Mastodon in the Red Division and Nightmare in Purple. What gives?

Tess Bradenbury: Clerical error, Johnny.

Johnny Tyler: “Clerical error?” For five loving weeks?! Jesus tapdancing Christ, who the hell do we have to bribe to get some competent help in this drat company?!

Tess Bradenbury: And there’s the Johnny we’ve come to know.

Johnny Tyler: God drat, I need a loving drink…

quote:

(00:08) Nightmare applied a Hammerlock
(00:14) von Schwarz avoided a Forearm To Back.
(00:21) von Schwarz hit a Toss To Corner
(00:28) von Schwarz hit a Corner Forearm Blow
(00:32) Nightmare broke the Ten Turnbuckle Smashes
(00:46) Nightmare applied a Front Facelock
(00:49) Nightmare hit a Jab Punch
(00:53) von Schwarz countered a Knife Edge Chop with a Slap To Chest
(00:57) von Schwarz hit a Face Rake
(01:02) Nightmare blocked a Toss To Corner
(01:09) von Schwarz hit a Toss To Corner
(01:16) von Schwarz hit a Corner Elbow
(01:25) Nightmare avoided a Corner Knife Edge Chop.
(01:32) Nightmare hit a Corner Elbow
(01:39) Nightmare hit a Corner Knife Edge Chop
(01:57) Nightmare hit a Corner Ten Punch
(02:04) Nightmare hit a Corner Knife Edge Chop
(02:12) von Schwarz very easily avoided a Corner Slap To Chest.
(02:19) von Schwarz hit a Turnbuckle Smash
(02:28) Nightmare avoided a Begging Off Eye Poke.
(02:32) Nightmare hit an Open Handed Chop
(02:35) Nightmare hit a Kick To Gut
(02:42) Nightmare hit a Snap Mare Takedown
(02:49) Nightmare picked up von Schwarz from behind
(02:53) Nightmare hit a Forearm To Back
(03:01) Nightmare applied a Hammerlock
(03:06) von Schwarz stopped a Power Intimidation by rushing Nightmare
(03:13) von Schwarz hit a Toss To Corner
(03:20) von Schwarz hit a Corner Knife Edge Chop
(03:25) Nightmare blocked a Corner Open Handed Chop
(03:29) Nightmare blocked a Corner Open Handed Chop
(03:43) Nightmare applied a Front Facelock
(03:50) Nightmare hit a Running Forearm Blow
(04:07) Nightmare hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(04:15) Otto von Schwarz easily moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(04:22) von Schwarz picked up Nightmare
(04:25) von Schwarz hit a Handshake Sucker Punch
(04:30) Nightmare reversed an irish whip to the corner
(04:48) Nightmare hit a Corner Ten Punch
(04:54) von Schwarz avoided a Corner Elbow.
(05:01) von Schwarz hit a Corner Knife Edge Chop
(05:19) von Schwarz hit a Corner Ten Punch
(05:26) von Schwarz hit a Corner Forearm Blow
(05:44) von Schwarz hit a Corner Stomp Flurry
(05:48) von Schwarz hit a Seated Back Kick
(05:58) von Schwarz hit a Big Man Stand-On

Johnny Tyler: Wait, how the hell does that work? Nightmare’s about the same size as von Schwarz. Surely that wouldn’t hurt as much?

Tess Bradenbury: I don’t care how big you are, Johnny. Someone that size standing on you is going to hurt. Like the difference between a Yorkie and a Great Dane laying on your chest.

Johnny Tyler: …hrm. When you put it that way, it makes sense. I hate it.

quote:

(06:11) von Schwarz hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(06:26) von Schwarz hit a Stomp Flurry
(06:39) von Schwarz hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(06:46) The Siberian Nightmare moved out of the way from a Measured Knee Drop.
(06:50) Nightmare hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(07:05) Nightmare hit a Stomp Flurry
(07:09) Nightmare hit an Elbow Drop
(07:18) Nightmare picked up von Schwarz
(07:34) Nightmare hit a Standing Spinebuster
(07:39) von Schwarz broke a Stomp To Groin
(07:47) Nightmare got a rope break to stop a Bear Hug
(07:57) von Schwarz hit a Side Suplex
(08:12) von Schwarz hit a Stomp Flurry
(08:16) von Schwarz hit a Measured Knee Drop
(08:23) von Schwarz used a Face Rub Taunt
(08:30) The Siberian Nightmare very easily moved out of the way from a Measured Knee Drop.
(08:38) Nightmare hit a Double Axe Handle Smash
(08:51) Nightmare hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(09:08) Nightmare hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(09:17) Nightmare picked up von Schwarz
(09:26) von Schwarz avoided a Strong Charging Forearm.
(09:31) Nightmare slipped out of the back of a Side Suplex
(09:38) Nightmare hit a Neckbreaker
(09:42) Nightmare hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(09:56) Nightmare used a Get Up Taunt
(10:03) Nightmare hit a DDT
(10:08) von Schwarz fought back against being picked up
(10:11) von Schwarz hit a Handshake Kick To Gut
(10:31) von Schwarz applied a Side Bear Hug
(10:54) von Schwarz hit a Bodyslam
(11:02) von Schwarz hit a Double Axe Handle Smash
(11:07) Nightmare blocked a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(11:11) Nightmare countered a Low Blow with a Slap To Chest
(11:18) Nightmare hit a Strong Charging Forearm
(11:41) Nightmare almost got a count out
(11:47) von Schwarz broke a Standing Spinebuster by falling on top of Nightmare
(11:52) von Schwarz got a two count

Tess Bradenbury: If Nightmare had managed to complete that, I have no doubt you would have been able to hear it outside this empty arena!

Johnny Tyler: And probably felt it, too. Earthquake in Missouri, anyone?

quote:

(11:59) von Schwarz hit a Toss To Corner
(12:06) von Schwarz hit a Corner Forearm Blow
(12:13) von Schwarz hit a Corner Slap To Chest
(12:31) von Schwarz hit a Corner Stomp Flurry
(12:41) von Schwarz hit a Big Man Stand-On
(12:47) von Schwarz picked up Nightmare
(12:52) Nightmare broke a DDT
(13:04) Nightmare hit a Powerbomb
(13:11) Nightmare picked up von Schwarz
(13:16) von Schwarz blocked a Siberian Avalanche
(13:20) von Schwarz blocked a DDT
(13:25) Nightmare slipped out the front of a Shoulder Breaker
(13:30) von Schwarz broke a Siberian Avalanche
(13:35) Nightmare slipped out of the back of a Standing Powerslam
(13:45) Nightmare hit a Back Suplex
(13:51) Nightmare picked up von Schwarz
(13:54) von Schwarz countered The Sickle with a Bell Clap

Tess Bradenbury: Nightmare was looking to take his head off there!

Johnny Tyler: Otto’s just drat lucky that Nightmare was just out of position. I didn’t want that head landing anywhere near me!

quote:

(13:58) Nightmare countered a Hammerlock Powerbomb with a Slap To Chest
(14:05) von Schwarz countered a Strong Charging Forearm with a Clothesline
(14:10) Nightmare blocked a Legdrop To Groin
(14:13) Nightmare countered a Low Blow with a Punch
(14:23) Nightmare hit a Samoan Drop
(14:30) Nightmare picked up von Schwarz
(14:34) von Schwarz countered a Powerbomb Pin with an Eye Poke
(14:38) Nightmare countered a Low Blow with a Slap To Chest
(14:54) Nightmare hit a Standing Spinebuster
(15:08) Nightmare used a Get Up Taunt
(15:11) von Schwarz countered a Strong Charging Forearm with a Forearm Blow
(15:18) von Schwarz hit a DDT
(15:33) von Schwarz hit a Stomp Flurry
(15:47) von Schwarz used a Get Up Taunt
(15:54) von Schwarz hit a DDT
(16:03) von Schwarz picked up Nightmare
(16:12) Nightmare avoided a Gute Nacht after both wrestlers failed in their attacks.
(16:22) Nightmare hit an Inverted Atomic Drop
(16:29) Nightmare hit a Knee Plant
(16:38) Nightmare picked up von Schwarz
(16:45) Nightmare hit a Strong Charging Forearm
(17:05) Nightmare almost got a count out
(17:15) Nightmare hit a Backbreaker
(17:25) Nightmare picked up von Schwarz
(17:32) Nightmare hit a Strong Charging Forearm

Tess Bradenbury: I’m not sure if Nightmare is trying for a countout or what, Johnny.

Johnny Tyler: Hey, a countout counts just as equally as a pin in the win column, Tess. Besides, Nightmare needs a breather given he’s sucked up half the air in this arena already!

Tess Bradenbury: True, both men are severely winded, but as Otto rolls back into the ring at a count of five, we’re yet to see if that will be a factor here this far into the contest.

quote:

(17:55) Nightmare irish whipped von Schwarz into the ropes
(18:05) Nightmare hit a Sidewalk Slam
(18:11) Nightmare picked up von Schwarz
(18:15) von Schwarz broke a Siberian Avalanche
(18:25) von Schwarz hit an Inverted Atomic Drop
(18:29) von Schwarz hit an Eye Poke
(18:39) von Schwarz hit an Inverted Atomic Drop
(18:43) von Schwarz hit a Running Knee Drop
(18:47) von Schwarz hit a Seated Back Kick
(18:53) von Schwarz picked up Nightmare
(19:00) von Schwarz hit a Strong Charging Forearm
(19:24) von Schwarz almost got a count out
(19:36) von Schwarz hit a Hammerlock Powerbomb
(19:42) von Schwarz picked up Nightmare
(19:50) von Schwarz has Nightmare by the head, winds up...Gute Nacht! The Siberian Nightmare just got dropped like a bad habit!

Johnny Tyler: TIMBER!

Tess Bradenbury: Otto all but falls onto Nightmare for the cover, can’t even hook a leg as the ref comes in…one…two…three! This one’s over, and Otto on Schwarz extends his lead in the Red Division. I know we’re not even halfway through yet, but I can’t help but think it’s Otto’s division to lose, Johnny.

Johnny Tyler: You say things like that, Tess, and you’re going to jinx the guy. It’s only week six; there’s still ten more weeks for him to blow this lead!

Tess Bradenbury: Oy, vey….

Otto von Schwarz (5-1) def. The Siberian Nightmare (2-4) via Pinfall (Gute Nacht) in 19:54. Rating: ****
Changes for Otto von Schwarz: OVR + 7.19, XP + 549.22, Minor damage to head and body
Changes for The Siberian Nightmare: OVR + 1.7, XP + 217.79, Minor damage to head and body
This was the Match of the Night (1 for Otto von Schwarz, 1 for The Siberian Nightmare)

GREEN DIVISION
Daniel Simmons (3-2, OVR 418) vs. Lord Robert Abernathy (4-1, OVR 421)

It was going to be hard to top that first match, but these two certainly tried their damnedest. This was a hard-hitting affair that Simmons took the early advantage in, working Abernathy over with a multitude of strikes and even busting him open with a stump piledriver. The bleeding only worsened after a running knee drop, and Simmons looked like he was going to cruise to victory in this divisional match.

Then Abernathy got to the ropes to stop Simmons’ new finisher, Quitting Time (an ankle lock). Abernathy then slipped out of the Blue Collar Driver. Simmons never got another chance. Abernathy would go on to eventually hit Shatterfall after a further five minutes to earn a come-from-behind victory and solidify his lead in the Green Division.

Lord Robert Abernathy (5-1) def. Daniel Simmons (3-3) via Pinfall (Shatterfall) in 14:55. Rating: ***
Changes for Lord Robert Abernathy: OVR + 5.49, XP + 527.76, minor damage to head
Changes for Daniel Simmons: OVR + 0.76, XP + 131.94, minor damage to head

In a rarity in RRW, there was a handshake between the two competitors before the match began that didn’t lead to a sucker punch or a low blow. It was even for the first four minutes, but Steel’s power was simply too much for Rose to compensate for. The divide just grew larger the longer the match went, but Rose refused to stay down. This led to her taking more damage than she should have, and eventually falling to an All Out Blitz. Rose’s stubbornness in this match caused more trouble than it did to benefit her.

Diamond Steel (4-2) def. Indigo Rose (3-3) via Pinfall (All Out Blitz) in 18:11. Rating: **
Changes for Diamond Steel: OVR + 4.43, XP + 488.73, no notable damage
Changes for Indigo Rose: OVR -0.08, XP + 122.18, Moderate damage to head

The first nine minutes were all Markus Clay. He’d barely taken any damage while pummeling Hailey from pillar to post. He was in position to hit his Johannesburg Express, but Hailey managed to roll the hell out of the way to avoid the finisher. She got some offense in after that, but nothing that amounted to much of anything notable. Leslie Burrell never was a factor in this, despite a couple of attempts, and Clay managed to hit the Johannesburg Express on the second attempt to put Hailey away in what was ultimately a mostly one-sided affair.

Markus Clay (5-1) def. Hailey Carmichael (2-4) via Pinfall (Johannesburg Express) in 14:43. Rating: **
Changes for Markus Clay: OVR + 4.23, XP + 487.06, No notable damage
Changes for Hailey Carmichael: OVR -0.07, XP + 103.50, Moderate damage to head, minor damage to body

Ulafsson dominated the first half of the match, using his size and power to keep Stevens off-kilter. A thwarted powerbomb let Stevens back into the contest, and Terrance would keep his distance with strikes to start wearing down the big man. An Implant DDT that barely got Sven off the mat netted a short two-count, but that DDT took all the fight out of Ulafsson. He didn’t muster any offense after that, and a Maple Leaf Meltdown moves Stevens, at least for the moment, into the White Division lead.

Terrance Stevens (4-2) def. Sven Ulafsson (2-4) via Pinfall (Maple Leaf Meltdown) in 14:50. Rating: **
Changes for Terrance Stevens: OVR + 4.24, XP + 487.12 no notable damage
Changes for Sven Ulafsson: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.78, Minor damage to head

Yoshii ran into a problem at about eleven minutes in. It was around that point in the match that he realized that he simply wouldn’t be able to lift Pulsar into position for a Nakamatsu (Death Valley) Driver. (Game Mechanics Note: Moves in the game can be restricted on who can be attacked by the move based on size. The default Death Valley Driver can only be used on opponents up to one size category larger than the attacker. Nakamatsu, a Lightweight, is two size classes below Pulsar, who is listed as a Light Heavyweight.) So, channeling one Elyssa Anderson earlier in the season, he went for the blood stoppage victory and got it in somewhat quick order, since he’d been working on Pulsar’s head the entire match. This was most assuredly one-sided, and Yoshii keeps pace with Clay in the Yellow Division.

Yoshii Nakamatsu (5-1) def. Pulsar (4-2) via Blood Stoppage in 15:58. Rating: **
Changes for Yoshii Nakamatsu: OVR + 4.81, XP + 487.66, no notable damage.
Changes for Pulsar: OVR + 1.06, XP + 121.92, Severe damage to head

WHITE DIVISION
Brandy McDonald (3-2, OVR 412) vs. Eugene Nagata (3-2, OVR 410)

If this doesn’t give you a quick understanding of how Eugene’s night went, I’m not sure what will: “It took Nagata over five and a half minutes to land his first offensive maneuver of the match, and he was down to 36% heath when he did it.” Even an overturned decision was no help to Nagata here; McDonald won two offensive maneuvers later en route to her fourth win of the season, and maintaining her spot atop the White Division thanks to her victory over Terrance Stevens earlier in the season.

Brandy McDonald (4-2) def. Eugene Nagata (3-3) via Pinfall (Brandy With a Twist) in 16:45. Rating: *
Changes for Brandy McDonald: OVR + 3.07, XP + 447.37, no notable damage
Changes for Eugene Nagata: OVR -0.93, XP + 95.07, moderate damage to head

Anyone who turned off the match after the first seven minutes would have been excused to think Tornado was going to be victorious. While Chavinski got some punches in, Tornado was in control for most of the first minutes of the match. It wasn’t until about ten minutes in that Chavinski managed to string together some offense of his own, making the match more competitive. Tornado would regain control, planting Chavinski with DDT after knee plant after DDT again, and would look for the Tornado Splash to end things.

But Chavinski got to the ropes to stop that attempt, and got in some more offense, including a lengthy ground-and-pound sequence. Once Tornado managed to get back in control, though, it seemed like he was angry at Chavinski, and wouldn’t consider going for his finisher again until he’d forced Chavinski to bleed. This time Chavinski met him up top, threw him off the ropes, and barely a minute later had him tapping out to a rear naked choke. The finish came from nowhere, which shocked the announcers and the non-existent crowd; otherwise this could have been the match of the night.

Vladimir Chavinski (4-2) def. El Tornado (3-3) via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 16:34. Rating: ***
Changes for Vladimir Chavinski: OVR + 5.61, XP + 528.61, Severe damage to head
Changes for El Tornado: OVR + 0.78, XP + 132.15, minor damage to head

This ended up being a contender for match of the night. It was an even bout throughout the contest, with neither competitor gaining any distinct advantage until the twelve-minute mark, when Gross attempted to lock in Come to Jesus on three separate attempts, only for Glenn to make it to the ropes all three times before the hold could be locked in. Irate, Rev. Gross spiked Glenn onto his head with a DDT, and the impact opened a cut on Glenn’s forehead. Once he saw it, all bets were off. (Gameplay mechanics note: This would be the Raging Bull trait. Get busted open, you immediately go on the attack with Full momentum no matter how low it was immediately beforehand. Not to be confused with a full-on adrenaline rush that makes you much harder to get into moves when triggered.)

It took three moves from there for Glenn to land The Promise, score the pinfall, and move into sole possession of second place in the Green Division. Gross would look a little befuddled heading back to the locker room, like he couldn’t figure out what sort of demon possessed Glenn to hit him so drat hard.

Glenn Knight (4-2) def. Reverend Johnny Gross (4-2) via Pinfall (The Promise) in 14:52. Rating: ***
Changes for Glenn Knight: OVR + 5.49, XP + 527.73, minor damage to head
Changes for Reverend Johnny Gross: OVR + 0.76, XP + 131.93, moderate damage to head

For the second time tonight, the winner forced the hand of the official to call off the match to preserve the health of the loser. Also for the second time tonight, it came about due to the winner’s inability to put the loser into their finishing move of choice, and refusing to go for covers after signature moves and other maneuvers. And once again, the match wasn’t received too highly by pundits and fans alike.

Blackfield won this going away. Diego never really got into the fight and suffered for it as Blackfield moves to an even .500 on the season after a rather uncomfortable-to-watch victory.

Brian Blackfield (3-3) def. Diego Rodriguez (2-4) via Blood Stoppage in 24:28. Rating: **
Changes for Brian Blackfield: OVR + 5.35, XP + 491.74, minor damage to head
Changes for Diego Rodriguez: OVR + 1.18, XP + 122.94, sever damage to head, minor damage to body

BLACK DIVISION SUBMISSION MATCH
Sin (1-4, OVR 403) vs. Jimmy Anarchy (2-3, OVR 407)

This was never going to be a clean, technical match. Neither wrestler is known to have a submission move in their arsenal, and both viewed the rule book as something to bash their opponent over the head with. So it should come as no surprise that by the time the third low blow (combined) of the match had landed, the ref had thrown his hands up in disgust and waited in the corner for a legit submission hold to take place.

He would have been waiting until the heat death of the universe, too, if Anarchy hadn’t decided to pull an old tactic out of the playbook. The finish came when Anarchy reached into the pocket of his jorts and pulled out a dinner fork. Then, in true old-school heel fashion, he jammed the pronged end of the fork into the trapezius muscle of Sin, and repeated it a few times before she finally gave up verbally. An ignoble end to a match that was well out of both of their respective elements, and Anarchy finds himself within striking distance of the Black Division lead following Rev. Gross’s loss earlier tonight.

(It should also be noted that rumors surrounding Sin and being positive for the coronavirus, based off of her illness two weeks ago, are only rumors. RRW is still waiting for test kits to be distributed to test all of their employees.)

Jimmy Anarchy (3-3) def. sin (1-5) via Submission (Force Submission) in 14:19. Rating: **
Changes for Jimmy Anarchy: OVR + 4.21, XP + 486.87, minor damage to head
Changes for sin: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.72, minor damage to head

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH
Elyssa Anderson (2-3, OVR 415) vs. Sterling Silver (1-4, OVR 406)

If one wasn’t aware of Elyssa’s history, you’d be excused for thinking she was an unmasked luchadora given how neatly she kept pace with Silver during the bout. In the early stages more moves were avoided or countered than were actually hit, as both women jockeyed for the advantage. That went to Silver, who looked to drive the air out of Anderson with On Wings of Silver, only to crash and burn. Instead of electing to go for the ten count, Anderson decided to press the advantage, looking to wear the Canadian down for perhaps an Elysium Whirl. But when she missed with an Andersault, something that’s been a rarity in RRW this season, Silver responded with a pair of spears, the latter of which was enough to keep Anderson down for a ten-count. After an impressive start to the season, the wheels seem to have come off for Anderson, who is now in the midst of a four-match losing streak and quickly losing her chance to be relevant this season.

Sterling Silver (2-4) def. Elyssa Anderson (2-4) via Last Woman Standing in 13:42. Rating: **
Changes for Sterling Silver: OVR + 4.18, XP + 486.58, minor damage to head
Changes for Elyssa Anderson: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.64, minor damage to head and body

If there were any people in attendance, this would have been the bathroom break match of the program. And people would have been right to think that, too. This just barely avoided squash territory thanks to a Mastodon adrenaline rush after Norris finally hit the Down Under Disaster on his fifth attempt of the match, but little came of it and a second connected Down Under Disaster netted Norris a victory in an otherwise dull bout.

Billy Norris (3-3) def. The Mastodon (1-5) via Pinfall (Down Under Disaster) in 13:49. Rating: **
Changes for Billy Norris: OVR + 4.18, XP + 486.63, no notable damage
Changes for The Mastodon: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.66, m9derate damage to head

This one’s not even worth writing about, folks. Mostly one-sided contest in which Onoo was never in any real danger, and won handily. Let’s just move on.

Jun Onoo (2-4) def. Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-6) via Pinfall (IMPACT Driver) in 9:43. Rating: *
Changes for Jun Onoo: OVR + 2.79, XP + 444.28, no notable damage
Changes for Jean-Paul Ouilette: OVR -0.85, XP + 94.41, minor damage to head

This was similar to the previous match in that not much of anything exciting happened. Karen McClure did stop a running clothesline early on in the match and did not get immediately ejected from ringside (which is a first for the author in over several hundred matches), but that and the finish—River winning via cheating rollup—were the only interesting things of note in this match.

Blood River (3-3) def. Erick Gibson (2-4) via Pinfall (Running Cheating Roll Up) in 10:34. Rating: **
Changes for Blood River: OVR + 4, XP + 412.31 no notable damage
Changes for Erick Gibson: OVR -0.07, XP + 103.08, no notable damage

CAGE MATCH
Lance Heartilly (3-2, OVR 409) vs. Jack "Classic" Braddock (2-3, OVR 407)

In what is surely an RRW record, Lance Heartilly was busted open at 42 seconds into the match by a Braddock headbutt. From there, it became a full-on slugfest. Lance took leave of his technical skills to simply have a brawl with Braddock. Neither man could get a sustained string of offense going until about the thirteen minute mark, when Braddock had hit several strikes and went for his spinning backfist. It was then that another RRW (and author-witnessed) first happened.

We had our first Dramatic Comeback. (Gameplay note: Remember, a Dramatic Comeback is when you reverse a high or finisher-level move with one of your own, while the attacker has Full momentum. This fills your momentum and leaves your opponent on empty momentum.) In this case, Heartilly countered a high-level Braddock spinning backfist with a high-level small package, and that was the beginning of the end. Braddock would recover, but not be able to string together much offense afterwards.

It took Heartilly three tries to escape the cage before he could do so. Instead of using his Hellacious Leglock to damage the legs and keep Braddock down, Heartilly instead elected to simply mangle Braddock’s dangly bits, using a Low Blow on three separate occasions to try to escape the cage. The third one finally worked, though whether it was from the pain or self-preservation on Braddock’s part, none can say. The show went off the air with Heartilly walking back up the ramp, arms raised in victory after the wrestling equivalent of a pier-six brawl.

Lance Heartilly (4-2) def. Jack "Classic" Braddock (2-4) via Cage Escape in 18:25. Rating: ***
Changes for Lance Heartilly: OVR + 5.75, XP + 529.58, Severe damage to head
Changes for Jack "Classic" Braddock: OVR + 1.58, XP + 132.39, moderate damage to head, minor damage to body

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 6

RINGSPORTS CONFERENCE

RED DIVISION
1. Otto von Schwarz: 5-1, ATV 13:39, (AMR 3.000), OVR 427.47
2. Jun Onoo: 2-4, ATV 11:29, (AMR 2.333), OVR 410.41
3. Sven Ulafsson: 2-4, ATV 19:16, (AMR 2.833), OVR 414.43
4. The Siberian Nightmare: 2-4, ATV 17:27 (AMR 3.000), OVR 414.46
(As the bottom three are 1-1 combined against the others they are tied against, we go to ATV [tier 2], which Onoo leads. The tie between Nightmare and Sven is determined by head-to-head [tier 1] which Nightmare wins based off of week 2.)

YELLOW DIVISION
1. Markus Clay: 5-1, ATV 12:34, (AMR 2.000), OVR 420.1
2. Yoshii Nakamatsu: 5-1, ATV 15:56, (AMR 2.333), OVR 423.99
3. Brian Blackfield: 3-3, ATV 22:28, (AMR 2.333), OVR 416.47
4. Elyssa Anderson: 2-4, ATV 33:54, (AMR 2.500), OVR 415
(Clay has ATV tiebreaker [tier 2])

BLUE DIVISION
1. Lance Heartilly: 4-2, ATV 14:23, (AMR 1.500), OVR 414.41
2. Indigo Rose: 3-3, ATV 38:01, (AMR 1.667), OVR 415.04
3. Diego Rodriguez: 2-4, ATV 16:10, (AMR 1.833), OVR 409.76
4. Hailey Carmichael: 2-4, ATV 17:20, (AMR 1.833), OVR 407.61
(Diego has head-to-head tiebreaker [tier 1])

WHITE DIVISION
1. Brandy McDonald: 4-2, ATV 14:28, (AMR 1.833), OVR 415.09
2. Terrance Stevens: 4-2, ATV 14:00, (AMR 2.167), OVR 417.07
3. Eugene Nagata: 3-3, ATV 20:53, (AMR 1.167), OVR 408.82
4. Jean-Paul Ouilette: 0-6, ATV N/A, (AMR 1.667), OVR 397.86
(Brandy has head-to-head tiebreaker [tier 1])

WRESTLEHUT CONFERENCE

GREEN DIVISION
1. Lord Robert Abernathy: 5-1, ATV 14:27 (AMR 2.667), OVR 426.04
2. Glenn Knight: 4-2, ATV 10:55 (AMR 2.167), OVR 417.33
3. Daniel Simmons: 3-3, ATV 18:33 (AMR 2.833), OVR 418.85
4. Erick Gibson: 2-4, ATV 15:36 (AMR 2.167), OVR 408.6

ORANGE DIVISION
1. Pulsar: 4-2, ATV 16:42 (AMR 2.500), OVR 421.36
2. El Tornado: 3-3, ATV 18:38 (AMR 2.667), OVR 418.58
3. Billy Norris: 3-3, ATV 14:24 (AMR 2.333), OVR 415.1
4. Sterling Silver: 2-4, ATV 11:00 (AMR 2.333), OVR 410.05
(Tornado has head-to-head tiebreaker [tier 1])

PURPLE DIVISION
1. Vladimir Chavinski: 4-2, ATV 14:03 (AMR 1.667), OVR 415.09
2. Diamond Steel: 4-2, ATV 16:19 (AMR 1.833), OVR 416.36
3. Jack "Classic" Braddock: 2-4, ATV 15:51 (AMR 2.000), OVR 409.04
4. The Mastodon: 1-5, ATV 15:20, (AMR 2.000), OVR 403.03
(Chavinski has ATV tiebreaker [tier 2[)

BLACK DIVISION
1. Reverend Johnny Gross: 4-2, ATV 12:18 (AMR 1.833), OVR 414.26
2. Jimmy Anarchy: 3-3, ATV 13:02 (AMR 1.833), OVR 411.33
3. Blood River: 3-3, ATV 20:37 (AMR 2.333), OVR 416.37
4. Sin: 1-5, ATV 14:41 (AMR 1.833), OVR 403.06
(Anarchy has head-to-head tiebreaker [tier 1])

PREDICTION STANDINGS
Projecthalaxy: 33 + 8 = 41
Senerio: 30 + 8 = 38

ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING: WEEK 7 SCHEDULE

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH: Sven Ulafsson (2-4, OVR 414) vs. Glenn Knight (4-2, OVR 417)
HARDCORE MATCH: The Siberian Nightmare (2-4, OVR 414) vs. Diego Rodriguez (2-4, OVR 410)
BLACK DIVISION: Reverend Johnny Gross (4-2, OVR 414) vs. Blood River (3-3, OVR 416)
Sin (1-5, OVR 403) vs. El Tornado (3-3, OVR 419)
Terrance Stevens (4-2, OVR 417) vs. Jimmy Anarchy (3-3, OVR 411)
Otto von Schwarz (5-1, OVR 427) vs. Lance Heartilly (4-2, OVR 414)
Jun Onoo (2-4, OVR 410) vs. Hailey Carmichael (2-4, OVR 408)
Lord Robert Abernathy (5-1, OVR 426) vs. Vladimir Chavinski (4-2, OVR 415)
Indigo Rose (3-3, OVR 415) vs. Jack "Classic" Braddock (2-4, OVR 409)
ORANGE DIVISION: Sterling Silver (2-4, OVR 410) vs. Pulsar (4-2, OVR 421)
LAST MAN STANDING MATCH: Erick Gibson (2-4, OVR 409) vs. Diamond Steel (4-2, OVR 416)
Yoshii Nakamatsu (5-1, OVR 424) vs. Billy Norris (3-3, OVR 415)
CAGE MATCH: Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-6, OVR 398) vs. Markus Clay (5-1, OVR 420)
Daniel Simmons (3-3, OVR 419) vs. The Mastodon (1-5, OVR 403)
Brandy McDonald (4-2, OVR 415) vs. Elyssa Anderson (2-4, OVR 415)
Eugene Nagata (3-3, OVR 409) vs. Brian Blackfield (3-3, OVR 416)

TRAINING DEADLINE IS MARCH 19 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US TIME.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That's a shame

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I don't like that i keep losing, but i do like that i lost a match by my opponent schoolboying me out of a backfist then just kicking me in the dick over and over. That seems like an honorable loss. When's the tag grand prix thing?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't like that i keep losing, but i do like that i lost a match by my opponent schoolboying me out of a backfist then just kicking me in the dick over and over. That seems like an honorable loss. When's the tag grand prix thing?

After week 8 (halfway through the season), so in three weeks. (Week 7 next, week 8 after, then Tag Team Turmoil.)

Also, after the tag event I’m going to act like the NFL when it comes to ordering matches. Ones that have more over people (higher Overall) may get flexed into spots later in the show, as well as any matches that have playoff implications. So don’t be surprised if some people (Jean-Paul Ouilette for instance) never see the second half of a show ever again after Week 8.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Time for another round of "OP's officially unofficial picks for the week."

Knight
Nightmare
Rev. Gross
Sin (I smell an upset)
Stevens
Otto
Hailey
Chavinski
Braddock
Pulsar --My pick for MOTN--
Gibson (with interference)
Nakamatsu
Clay
Simmons
McDonald
Nagata

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH: Sven Ulafsson (2-4, OVR 414) vs. Glenn Knight (4-2, OVR 417)
HARDCORE MATCH: The Siberian Nightmare (2-4, OVR 414) vs. Diego Rodriguez (2-4, OVR 410)
BLACK DIVISION: Reverend Johnny Gross (4-2, OVR 414) vs. Blood River (3-3, OVR 416)
LAST MAN STANDING MATCH: Erick Gibson (2-4, OVR 409) vs. Diamond Steel (4-2, OVR 416)

At least six more teams will be announced for Tag Team Turmoil during this week, officially giving us half the field for the tournament, to give you an idea of anything additional happening this show.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Jun Onoo (2-4, OVR 410) vs. Hailey Carmichael (2-4, OVR 408) (duh)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING: SEASON ONE, WEEK SEVEN

Some business before the first match…
Before the first match of the show began, our announce team informed those watching at home that over the last week, a few pairings had been made official for Tag Team Turmoil in two weeks. Those pairings are:

Silver-thorned Roses: Sterling Silver and Indigo Rose
Erick Gibson and The Mastodon
Power and Pain: Sven Ulafsson and Vladimir Chavinski
Otto von Schwarz and Diamond Steel

With the previously announced teams of Eugene Nagata/Lord Robert Abernathy and The Duchy of Clarence (Hailey Carmichael/Jack Braddock), that gives us six of the sixteen teams set for the tag event scheduled for two weeks from tonight.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH
Sven Ulafsson (2-4, OVR 414) vs. Glenn Knight (4-2, OVR 417)

Coming off a win last week, Knight kept up the momentum in what was largely a one-sided match. While Ulafsson did get some offense in, Glenn was never in danger of losing this match. The Promise delivered nine minutes in was enough to keep Ulafsson down for the count in what was otherwise an uneventful opening bout.

Glenn Knight (5-2) def. Sven Ulafsson (2-5) via Last Man Standing (The Promise) in 9:02. Rating: **
Changes for Glenn Knight: OVR + 3.91, XP + 484.34, no notable damage
Changes for Sven Ulafsson: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.08, minor damage to head

HARDCORE MATCH
The Siberian Nightmare (2-4, OVR 414) vs. Diego Rodriguez (2-4, OVR 410)

Tess Bradenbury: Welcome back, folks. If you’re just tuning in, we’re about to head to our second match of the night; a Hardcore bout between the Blue Division’s Diego Rodriguez, and The Siberian Nightmare of the Red Division.

Johnny Tyler: Let’s be real, Tess. Having no rules is about the only way Diego stands a chance in this match. Nightmare’s too big to put his finisher on. I expect this to be over quick, maybe as long as our last match and then we move on with our lives and onto more successful wrestlers.

Tess Bradenbury: Both men are in the ring, looking ready to go. The official calls for the bell, and this match is now underway!

quote:

(00:08) Rodriguez applied a Hammerlock
(00:22) Rodriguez applied an Arm Wringer
(00:36) Rodriguez applied a Cravate
(00:43) Rodriguez hit a Side Headlock Takedown
(00:47) Nightmare escaped a Knee Pull
(01:01) Rodriguez applied a Cravate
(01:05) Nightmare broke a Front Facelock
(01:12) Rodriguez avoided a Slap To Chest.
(01:19) Rodriguez hit a Single Leg Trip
(01:33) Rodriguez applied an Arm Bar
(01:43) Nightmare avoided a Stomp.
(01:47) Nightmare hit an Open Handed Chop
(01:52) Rodriguez fought back against being picked up from behind
(01:56) Nightmare escaped a Front Facelock
(02:03) Rodriguez hit a Side Headlock Takedown
(02:07) Nightmare escaped a Body Scissors
(02:11) Nightmare broke a Cravate
(02:25) Nightmare applied a Front Facelock
(02:29) Nightmare hit a Slap To Chest
(02:34) Rodriguez slipped out the front of a Side Headlock
(02:48) Rodriguez applied a Cravate
(02:51) Rodriguez hit a Kick To Gut
(03:05) Rodriguez applied a Front Facelock
(03:12) Rodriguez hit a Side Headlock Takedown
(03:17) Nightmare broke a Body Scissors
(03:21) Rodriguez slipped out of the back of a Hammerlock
(03:35) Rodriguez applied a Top Wrist Lock
(03:39) Nightmare escaped a Front Facelock
(03:46) Rodriguez hit a Side Headlock Takedown
(03:52) The Siberian Nightmare moved out of the way from an Elbow Drop.
(04:00) Nightmare hit a Double Axe Handle Smash
(04:18) Nightmare hit a Slingshot To Corner
(04:22) Rodriguez blocked a Turnbuckle Smash
(04:29) Nightmare hit a Corner Elbow
(04:36) Nightmare hit a Turnbuckle Smash
(04:44) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(04:47) Nightmare hit a Punch
(04:52) Rodriguez slipped out of the back of a Hammerlock
(05:08) Rodriguez hit an Arm Wringer Takedown
(05:12) Rodriguez hit a Fist Drop
(05:27) Rodriguez hit a Stomp Flurry
(05:34) Rodriguez hit a Knee Pull
(05:48) Rodriguez applied an Arm Bar
(06:02) Rodriguez applied a Body Scissors
(06:06) Rodriguez hit a Stomp
(06:16) The Siberian Nightmare moved out of the way from an Elbow Drop.

Tess Bradenbury: Still early on here, neither man at a distinct disadvantage at the moment. It doesn’t look like your prediction of this one being over quickly will come to pass, Johnny.

Johnny Tyler: Well, if I was good at predicting stuff I’d be retired after winning both the Powerball and Mega Millions, Tess. No need to rub it in my face you know!

Tess Bradenbury: …wow. Someone’s rather cranky tonight.

quote:

(06:20) Rodriguez blocked a Double Axe Handle Smash
(06:27) Diego Rodriguez very easily moved out of the way from an Elbow Drop.
(06:34) Rodriguez hit a Knee Pull
(06:48) Rodriguez applied an Arm Bar
(06:52) Rodriguez hit an Elbow Drop
(07:06) Rodriguez applied a Body Scissors
(07:20) Rodriguez applied an Arm Bar
(07:34) Rodriguez applied a Knee Bar
(07:38) Rodriguez hit an Elbow Drop
(07:46) Rodriguez hit a Stomp To Groin
(08:06) Rodriguez applied a Rear Chinlock
(08:10) Rodriguez hit an Elbow Drop On Knee
(08:19) Nightmare avoided a Stomp.
(08:26) Nightmare hit a Toss To Corner
(08:33) Nightmare hit a Corner Elbow
(08:40) Nightmare hit a Corner Knife Edge Chop
(08:47) Nightmare hit a Corner Forearm Blow
(08:56) Rodriguez easily avoided a Corner Elbow.
(09:14) Rodriguez hit a Corner Stomp Flurry
(09:28) Rodriguez applied an Arm Bar
(09:48) Rodriguez applied a Rear Chinlock
(09:52) Rodriguez hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(09:56) Rodriguez hit an Elbow Drop On Knee
(10:06) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(10:16) Rodriguez hit an Implant DDT
(10:16) Nightmare started to bleed
(10:20) Rodriguez got a one count

Johnny Tyler: And so it begins. The blood will be flowing faster before too much longer; Nightmare needs to end this now before the Red Cross steps in!

Tess Bradenbury: That’s not how the Red Cross works, Johnny.

Johnny Tyler: Well they should! Look at all that blood that’d be going to waste otherwise!

quote:

(10:36) Rodriguez hit a Stump Piledriver
(10:43) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(10:47) Nightmare broke a DDT
(10:50) Nightmare hit a Punch
(11:04) Nightmare applied a Side Headlock
(11:07) Nightmare hit a Kick To Gut
(11:11) Nightmare hit a Knife Edge Chop
(11:20) Rodriguez very easily avoided a Big Man Stand-On.
(11:24) Nightmare broke an Inverted Atomic Drop
(11:27) Nightmare hit a Kick To Gut
(11:31) Nightmare hit a Slap To Chest
(11:34) Nightmare hit a Jab Punch
(11:37) Nightmare hit a Kick To Gut
(11:41) Rodriguez slipped out of the back of a Samoan Drop
(11:49) Rodriguez applied a Hammerlock
(11:54) Nightmare rolled through a Spinning Arm Breaker
(11:58) Nightmare hit an Open Handed Chop
(12:06) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez from behind
(12:11) Rodriguez blocked a Full Nelson Bomb
(12:17) Nightmare hit a Blindside High Knee
(12:22) Nightmare dropped to ringside

Tess Bradenbury: Thankfully they’re over by the entrance ramp and not near us, but things are about to get violent in a hurry!

Johnny Tyler: They weren’t already? What are you watching on your monitor, ballet?

quote:

(12:27) Rodriguez rolled through a Giant Swing
(12:34) Rodriguez hit a Knee Plant
(12:38) Nightmare blocked a Piledriver
(12:42) Nightmare slipped out the front of an Implant DDT
(12:52) Nightmare hit a Short Arm Clothesline
(13:00) Nightmare hit a Stomp To Groin
(13:05) Rodriguez broke a Giant Swing
(13:15) Rodriguez hit an Inverted Atomic Drop
(13:22) Rodriguez hit a Knee Plant
(13:26) Nightmare slipped out the front of an Implant DDT
(13:42) Nightmare hit a Gut Buster
(13:49) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(14:05) Nightmare hit a Strong Gut Buster
(14:09) Nightmare hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(14:16) Nightmare used a Slit Throat Motion
(14:22) Diego Rodriguez moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(14:29) Rodriguez hit a Knee Pull
(14:43) Rodriguez applied an Arm Bar
(14:53) The Siberian Nightmare moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(14:57) Rodriguez stopped a Get Up Taunt by rushing Nightmare
(15:04) Rodriguez hit a Knee Plant
(15:08) Nightmare broke a Spinning Arm Breaker
(15:24) Nightmare hit a Shoulder Breaker
(15:28) Rodriguez blocked a Big Man Stand-On
(15:38) Nightmare hit a Big Man Stand-On
(15:51) Nightmare used a Stalk Grounded Enemy
(15:56) Rodriguez slipped out the front of a Strong Gut Buster
(16:12) Rodriguez hit a Spinning Arm Breaker
(16:20) Rodriguez hit a Stomp To Groin
(16:28) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare from behind
(16:38) Rodriguez hit a Russian Legsweep onto a steel chair

Tess Bradenbury: The sound of that impact echoing, literally echoing, inside this empty arena!

Johnny Tyler: Man…Nightmare got his bell rung but good there. Not doing anything to worsen the bleeding but it could keep the big man down longer!

Tess Bradenbury: Rodriguez looking around for more plunder here, apparently…he sees a table set up against the barricade in the corner of the ringside area and it looks like that’s his next target!

quote:

(16:45) Rodriguez hit a Big Legdrop
(16:55) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(16:59) Nightmare slipped out the front of an Implant DDT
(17:03) Rodriguez blocked a Strong Gut Buster
(17:19) Nightmare hit a Standing Spinebuster
(17:26) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(17:42) Nightmare hit a Strong Gut Buster
(17:46) Rodriguez fought back against being picked up
(17:53) Rodriguez applied a Standing Arm Bar
(18:00) Rodriguez hit a Running Schoolboy Roll Up
(18:05) Rodriguez got a two count
(18:09) Nightmare broke an Implant DDT
(18:25) Nightmare hit a Strong Gut Buster
(18:38) Nightmare hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(18:47) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(18:52) Rodriguez blocked a Siberian Avalanche onto a steel chair
(18:57) Rodriguez slipped out the front of a Powerbomb
(19:04) Rodriguez applied a Standing Arm Bar
(19:21) Rodriguez applied a Kneeling Cravate
(19:37) Nightmare broke a DDT
(19:41) Rodriguez broke a Double Underhook Powerbomb
(19:45) Nightmare broke a DDT
(19:48) Rodriguez countered a Powerbomb with a Bell Clap
(19:53) Nightmare broke a DDT
(20:09) Nightmare hit a Strong Gut Buster
(20:22) Nightmare hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(20:30) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(20:42) Nightmare hit a Powerbomb through a table
(20:50) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(20:55) Rodriguez broke a Siberian Avalanche
(21:09) Rodriguez applied a Front Facelock
(21:19) Rodriguez hit a Shoot-In Double Leg Takedown
(21:23) Rodriguez hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(21:30) Rodriguez hit a Knee Pull
(21:40) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare from behind
(21:47) Rodriguez hit a Neckbreaker
(21:51) Rodriguez hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(22:00) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare from behind
(22:10) Rodriguez hit a Russian Legsweep onto a steel chair

Tess Bradenbury: What is it going to take to keep either one of these two down?

Johnny Tyler: The better question is if we’ll have any tables left for the rest of the night after these two are done tearing this arena apart!

Tess Bradenbury: Nightmare looks like he might have been concussed, but the referee thinks otherwise as he hasn’t called this match off yet. I’m not sure how much more of this I can watch.

quote:

(22:20) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(22:36) Rodriguez hit a Stump Piledriver through a table
(22:44) Rodriguez hit a Stomp To Groin
(22:48) Rodriguez hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(22:56) Rodriguez hit a Stomp To Groin
(23:05) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(23:09) Nightmare slipped out the front of a Stump Piledriver
(23:25) Nightmare hit an Overhead Fallaway Slam
(23:29) Nightmare hit an Elbow Drop
(23:38) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(23:50) Nightmare hit a Power Bodyslam
(24:05) Nightmare hit a Stomp Flurry
(24:09) Rodriguez blocked a Stomp To Groin
(24:18) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(24:25) Nightmare hit a DDT
(24:32) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(24:37) Rodriguez blocked a Siberian Avalanche
(24:42) Rodriguez slipped out of the back of a Face First Powerbomb
(25:02) Rodriguez applied a Sleeper Hold
(25:24) Rodriguez hit a Russian Legsweep
(25:33) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(25:37) Nightmare broke a Knee Plant
(25:41) Rodriguez slipped out the front of a Strong Gut Buster
(25:48) Rodriguez hit a DDT
(25:52) Rodriguez hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(26:07) Rodriguez hit a Stomp Flurry
(26:16) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(26:32) Rodriguez hit a Stump Piledriver through a table
(26:38) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(26:48) Rodriguez hit a Shoot-In Double Leg Takedown
(26:54) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(27:11) Rodriguez applied a Kneeling Cravate
(27:32) Rodriguez hit a Shoot-In Double Leg Takedown
(27:39) Rodriguez picked up Nightmare
(27:56) Rodriguez applied a Kneeling Cravate
(28:18) Rodriguez hit a Knee Plant
(28:25) Rodriguez applied a Standing Arm Bar
(28:32) Rodriguez hit a Knee Plant
(28:42) Rodriguez hit an Implant DDT onto a steel chair

Johnny Tyler: Cover him!

Tess Bradenbury: Rodriguez looks downright exhausted as he flops on top of Nightmare…one! Two! Thre—no! Nightmare just gets the left shoulder up and this war is going to continue!

Johnny Tyler: I don’t know how Nightmare is still moving, Tess. I seriously don’t. Most mortal men would have been quivering lumps of meat by this point!

quote:

(28:52) Nightmare blocked an Implant DDT
(28:56) Nightmare broke a DDT
(29:06) Nightmare hit a Backbreaker
(29:23) Nightmare hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(29:38) Nightmare hit a Stomp Flurry
(29:42) Nightmare hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(30:07) Nightmare hit a Giant Swing
(30:16) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(30:26) The Siberian Nightmare spins around to get some momentum, and absolutely lays out Diego Rodriguez with The Sickle!
(30:36) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(30:40) Rodriguez blocked a DDT
(30:46) Rodriguez broke a Face First Powerbomb by falling on top of Nightmare
(30:51) Rodriguez got a two count
(31:05) Rodriguez applied a Side Headlock
(31:21) Rodriguez hit a Spinning Arm Breaker
(31:28) Rodriguez hit a Big Legdrop
(31:32) Nightmare fought back against being picked up
(31:44) Nightmare hit a Face First Powerbomb onto a steel chair
(32:09) Nightmare hit a Giant Swing
(32:19) Nightmare picked up Rodriguez
(32:35) Nightmare hit a Siberian Avalanche on a steel chair

Johnny Tyler: JESUS CHRIST!

Tess Bradenbury: Please let this be over after that…Nightmare with a cover. One! Two! Three! Finally, mercifully, this one is over!

Johnny Tyler: Nightmare may technically be the winner, Tess, but there are no winners in war. Only survivors. And Nightmare clearly survived this one.

Tess Bradenbury: Diego is moving, at least—I can see his feet and legs moving a bit so thankfully he’s not paralyzed after that Siberian Avalanche onto the steel chair. But The Siberian Nightmare has walked through hell and back, and picks up his third win of the season in an absolute war of attrition here tonight!

The Siberian Nightmare (3-4) def. Diego Rodriguez (2-5) via Pinfall (Siberian Avalanche onto a steel chair) in 32:39. Rating: ***
Changes for The Siberian Nightmare: OVR + 6.79, XP + 611.98, severe damage to head, minor damage to body
Changes for Diego Rodriguez: OVR + 0.94, XP + 209.24, moderate damage to body, minor damage to head
This was the Match of the Night (2 for The Siberian Nightmare, 1 for Diego Rodriguez)

***Game mechanics note: In the play-by-play, the game does not note when foreign objects are used as incidental parts of moves (like powerbombing someone through a table). Such notations above were added by me as I watched the match play out so it could be alluded to on commentary.***

Respect

After the match, The Siberian Nightmare grudgingly gave his respect to Diego Rodriguez over the half-hour-plus war they had just gone through. Nightmare then said “I’d much rather fight alongside you than against you again.” Rodriguez simply nodded, mouthed “Done” at Nightmare, and started to slowly make his way back towards the locker rooms. It appears another team has been formed for Tag Team Turmoil in a couple weeks….

BLACK DIVISION
Reverend Johnny Gross (4-2, OVR 414) vs. Blood River (3-3, OVR 416)

This one started off mostly even, with the two men trading blows and holds for most of the opening ten minutes. However the right Reverend would begin to pull away late, not letting River get anywhere close to finishing the match. While still a minor letdown from the previous match, it was at least unoffensive (and mercifully shorter!) and Gross collects his fifth win of the year by way of his Come to Jesus dragon sleeper.

Reverend Johnny Gross (5-2) def. Blood River (3-4) via Submission (Come to Jesus) in 15:09. Rating: **
Changes for Reverend Johnny Gross: OVR + 4.26, XP + 487.27, minor damage to head
Changes for Blood River: OVR -0.08, XP + 103.55, minor damage to head

Sin came ready to fight this week, it appeared. She went step for step with the faster Tornado, dishing as well as she took over the first several minutes. Tornado got an advantage with a Super Twister, though, and Sin was on the brink of falling to 1-6 on the season before a low blow got her back into the contest. A Cast the Stone put her right back in the thick of it, and after a couple more minutes of back and forth Sin hit a Depravity. Despite the ref being out of position to count the fall—maybe due to shock at Sin actually being in a position to win—Sin got the three-count and a much-needed win to possibly salvage her season seven weeks in.

Sin (2-5) def. El Tornado (3-4) via Pinfall (Depravity) in 12:08. Rating: ***
Changes for Sin: OVR + 5.29, XP + 526.31, minor damage to head
Changes for El Tornado: OVR + 0.73, XP + 131.58, minor damage to head

This was a perfectly average, non-descript bout. It could have gone either way, with both men getting decent amounts of offense. However, the breaks went Stevens’ way on this evening, as all it took was a single Maple Leaf Meltdown to pick up the duke and keep the pressure on Brandy McDonald to keep her lead in the White Division.

Terrance Stevens (5-2) def. Jimmy Anarchy (3-4) via Pinfall (Maple Leaf Meltdown) in 12:30. Rating: **
Changes for Terrance Stevens: OVR + 4.11, XP + 486.00, no notable damage
Changes for Jimmy Anarchy: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.50, minor damage to head

A Temporary Alliance

The cameras stayed with Terrance Stevens as he went backstage after his match. He was interrupted on his journey by fellow Canadian Lance Heartilly, who suggested that the two countrymen stick together for Tag Team Turmoil. Stevens asked if Lance was certain he wanted to team with a Canadian pariah. Heartilly, asking if Stevens could be serious for a moment, said he had no issues with Terrance’s style of wrestling. Stevens thought for a second before agreeing, proclaiming the rise of the Pan-Canadian Express before leaving the camera shot. Heartilly looked like he was going to be physically ill at the proposed team name, but eventually shook his head and left to prepare for his match coming up next.

Many expected this to be a Match of the Night contender coming in, given the records these two were sporting. It turned out to be a dull, plodding affair. Heartilly controlled most of the match, keeping Otto on the canvas, and the giant never had the chance to put together enough strikes to even hint at ending the contest. Heartilly wins in seemingly easy fashion with his patented submission hold.

Lance Heartilly (5-2) def. Otto von Schwarz (5-2) via Submission (Hellacious Leglock) in 14:07. Rating: *
Changes for Lance Heartilly: OVR + 2.96, XP + 446.21, no notable damage
Changes for Otto von Schwarz: OVR -0.90, XP + 94.82, no notable damage

The first ten minutes of the match weren’t all that interesting. Mainly Hailey sticking to her grappling skills and the occasional illegal rake of the face/eyes, while Onoo managed to connect with some power shots when Hailey couldn’t back away in time. What changed in the tenth minute was Leslie Burrell getting kicked out of the match for tripping up Onoo, preventing a charging forearm shot. Most of the remainder of the match was in Hailey’s favor, and despite not being able to lock in #NoFilter on the big man (and she did try), in the end she just shrugged, took the easy way out and low-blowed Onoo to get the pinfall that way, giving her a much-needed victory.

Hailey Carmichael (3-4) def. Jun Onoo (2-5) via Pinfall (Low Blow) in 16:22. Rating: **
Changes for Hailey Carmichael: OVR + 4.33, XP + 414.68, minor damage to head
Changes for Jun Onoo: OVR -0.08, XP + 121.96, no notable damage

This wasn’t much to write home about. Abernathy, with his years of experience behind him, simply let Chavinski punch himself out and took advantage. Vladimir stood a chance near the end but eventually tapped out to Abernathy in a very dull match.

Lord Robert Abernathy (6-1) def. Vladimir Chavinski (4-3) via Submission (God Save the Queen) in 14:50. Rating: *
Changes for Lord Robert Abernathy: OVR + 2.99, XP + 446.53, no notable damage
Changes for Vladimir Chavinski: OVR -0.91, XP + 111.63, minor damage to head

What seemed like an even match to start quickly got out of hand. Braddock dominated the last six minutes of the match, assisted in no small measure by his anger at Rose kicking out of a Jack Attack earlier in the bout. She wouldn’t get much offense in after that, as Braddock eventually hit a second Jack Attack to get back on the winning track after last week’s loss.

Jack "Classic" Braddock (3-4) def. Indigo Rose (3-4) via Pinfall (Jack Attack) in 19:12. Rating: **
Changes for Jack "Classic" Braddock: OVR + 4.49, XP + 489.22, minor damage to head
Changes for Indigo Rose: OVR -0.08, XP + 122.30, moderate damage to head

ORANGE DIVISION
Sterling Silver (2-4, OVR 410) vs. Pulsar (4-2, OVR 421)

This was a fast-paced match from the get-go. Pulsar took an early advantage, Silver fought back to even, Pulsar took advantage again. At fifteen minutes in, everyone thought the match was over, as Silver managed to keep Pulsar down via a Sunset Flip (game mechanics note: 3.5% win chance) for a three count…only for the ref to see Pulsar’s hand under the bottom rope and force the match to continue.

Silver refused to go up top to try for her finisher, and Pulsar eventually made her pay for it, gradually taking control of the match and eventually hitting his Zodiac Implosion to pick up the victory and maintain his grasp on the Orange Division lead.

Pulsar (5-2) def. Sterling Silver (2-5) via Pinfall (Zodiac Implosion) in 20:00. Rating: ***
Changes for Pulsar: OVR + 5.87, XP + 530.40, minor damage to head
Changes for Sterling Silver: OVR + 0.81, XP + 132.60, moderate damage to head, minor damage to body

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH
Erick Gibson (2-4, OVR 409) vs. Diamond Steel (4-2, OVR 416)

During the pre-match leadup, it was mentioned that Gibson had (reluctantly) ordered Karen McClure to stay home, which meant he was going it alone in this match. He probably came to regret this decision about eleven minutes later. He got some offense in, including a rare Probationary Meeting sighting, but Steel was too much on this night. She got the win via an All Out Blitz through a table (and nearly through a ringside barrier as well).

Diamond Steel (5-2) def. Erick Gibson (2-5) via Last Woman Standing (All Out Blitz through a table) in 11:22. Rating: **
Changes for Diamond Steel: OVR + 4.04, XP + 485.46, no notable damage
Changes for Erick Gibson: OVR -0.07, XP + 103.16, moderate damage to head

Rather quietly, Yoshii has been putting together a good season, entering the week tied for best record in RRW. For the first ten minutes of the match, though, you’d be forgiven for thinking otherwise as Norris was in firm control. The turning point came as Norris went for a Boomerang DDT. Nakamatsu was able to slip out during the floatover attempt, and Norris landed awkwardly on his left leg. That was the only opening Nakamatsu needed, and here minutes later had Norris beaten down enough that one attempt at a Nakamatsu Driver was enough to notch the win. Yoshii moves to 6-1 and surely has to be a statistical favorite despite the lack of flash in his wins to date.

Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-1) def. Billy Norris (3-4) via Pinfall (Nakamatsu Driver) in 13:45. Rating: **
Changes for Yoshii Nakamatsu: OVR + 4.18, XP + 486.60, minor damage to head
Changes for Billy Norris: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.65, minor damage to head

CAGE MATCH
Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-6, OVR 398) vs. Markus Clay (5-1, OVR 420)

With the cage being a factor in eliminating any outside interference, Ouilette came out with Cecile Corine just to show her off for the television audience before sending her to the back. Markus didn’t bother with any of the showmanship, looking to notch his sixth win and continue being a contender for the RRW Championship.

But there was something in the arena tonight that felt different. Maybe it was the lack of fans. Maybe it was Mercury in retrograde. Whatever it was, for the first half of the match, Ouilette took the fight to Clay and was actually winning. A Fleur de Lis connected, being just about as rare as some other signature moves in RRW, and the unfathomable seemed possible—Ouilette could pull off a win against one of the elite in RRW.

Then Clay seemed to wake up. He got out of the way of a Ouilette seated dropkick, and went on a tear for the next six or seven minutes. Clay nearly won a few times with spears and low blows, but each time Ouilette somehow managed to catch Clay before the South African could get over the top of the cage. After the third such attempt, Clay seemed to get it in mind that he’d need to spear Ouilette into oblivion to get out of the cage since the cage was apparently hindering his set-up for the Johannesburg Express. With a roar, Clay charged once again at Ouilette, but the Frenchman caught him charging in with an open handed chop. A flurry of strikes and a second Fleur de Lis later, Clay was stunned on the mat and Ouilette went for a move that, in the past, led to him being directly pinned when he missed it.

Bounce off the near side ropes. Bounce off the far side ropes. Do a little dance above the fallen body of his opponent. Drop the elbow… and it connected. Ouilette looked stunned that something had actually worked the way it was supposed to, then remembered that, oh yeah, he had to get out of the cage to win instead of pinning his opponent. By the time Clay had pushed himself to all fours, Ouilette had reached the top of the cage and ten seconds later, the upset of all upsets in RRW had become official.

Jean-Paul Ouilette, the laughingstock of RRW, had beaten Markus Clay.

Jean-Paul Ouilette (1-6) def. Markus Clay (5-2) via Cage Escape in 16:24. Rating: ***
Changes for Jean-Paul Ouilette: OVR + 5.60, XP + 449.25, moderate damage to head, minor damage to body
Changes for Markus Clay: OVR + 1.54, XP + 132.13, minor damage to head

For as even as this match was, it was rather a plodding affair. The only highlight came at the end of the match as Simmons, who stands 6’3” tall and weighs about 265 pounds, managed to powerbomb the 375-pound Mastodon in an impressive display of power. He then submitted Mastodon with an ankle lock submission he calls Quitting Time to get back over the .500 mark.

Daniel Simmons (4-3) def. The Mastodon (1-6) via Submission (Quitting Time) in 18:34. Rating: **
Changes for Daniel Simmons: OVR + 4.45, XP + 488.91, no notable damage
Changes for The Mastodon: OVR -0.08, XP + 122.23, minor damage to head

Menage…?

As the announcers were talking in between matches, the camera cut to the locker room of Jean-Paul Ouilette, who was standing facing his locker wearing nothing but a towel and looking freshly-showered. Off to the side, also wearing only a towel, was Cecile Corine, a sultry smile on her face. Off-camera the sound of a door opening caught the attention of the two of them, and they turned to see Sin entering the locker room. A short conversation filled with double entendres followed, ultimately leading to an agreement to team at Tag Team Turmoil to bring the roster to nine teams. The scene ended with Sin, her back to the camera, apparently flashing both Ouilette and Corine as the door to the locker room closed on the cameraman and the watching audience.

When the schedule was first released in the RRW locker room, this is one that many people had circled. It was expected to be between two legit contenders for the RRW Championship, and on paper looked to be an instant classic. What they got was still a good match, but not the classic many had hoped for.

Both women had a fair amount of offense. It was a close match through, but Elyssa for some reason or another would not put McDonald in position for the Elysium Whirl. McDonald was busted open on a DDT, and for a brief while shades of the Elyssa Anderson from the first two weeks could be seen as she tried to do as much damage to the head of McDonald as she could, looking to win via ref stoppage once again.

Brandy would fight back, avoiding an Andersault and hitting a Brandy With a Twist. It seemed over…until Anderson kicked out at two. To her credit, McDonald didn’t waste time arguing with the official. Instead she hauled Anderson back up, wiped a trickle of blood from her face, and hit a second Brandy With a Twist to keep Anderson down for the three. Overall, a solid match, though Elyssa’s hesitance to set up her finisher is of larger concern to what fans she hasn’t lost at this point.

Brandy McDonald (5-2) def. Elyssa Anderson (2-5) via Pinfall (Brandy With a Twist) in 19:06. Rating: ***
Changes for Brandy McDonald: OVR + 5.80, XP + 529.93, moderate damage to head, minor damage to body
Changes for Elyssa Anderson: OVR + 0.80, XP + 132.48, minor damage to head

In traditional Eugene Nagata fashion, he spent the first few minutes getting beat on by his opponent. Blackfield control most of the opening two-thirds of the match, treating Nagata like a personal heavy bag. While Nagata was able to get some offense in from time to time, he was still on the receiving end of a trio of Tartan Effects, which put him in a bad way.

Nagata would fight back, as he and Blackfield would fight in one of the corners and spent longer there than most kids being punished do. The ending came suddenly, even managing to surprise our announce team. Blackfield had just gotten his fourth attempt at the Scotland Destroyer thwarted as Eugene slipped out of the attempt, followed by a Nagata Special and then immediately by a Nagata Lock 5. Normally, this reverse armbar doesn’t end matches for Nagata, but on this night he must have done something different in applying the hold as Blackfield started tapping almost immediately. Nagata improves to a winning record as week seven draws to a close.

Eugene Nagata (4-3) def. Brian Blackfield (3-4) via Submission (Nagata Lock 5) in 24:09. Rating: **
Changes for Eugene Nagata: OVR + 4.77, XP + 417.85, moderate damage to head
Changes for Brian Blackfield: OVR -0.08, XP + 122.90, minor damage to head

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 7

RINGSPORTS CONFERENCE

RED DIVISION
1. Otto von Schwarz: 5-2, ATV 13:39, (AMR 2.714), OVR 426.57
2. The Siberian Nightmare: 3-4, ATV 22:31, (AMR 3.000), OVR 421.25
3. Jun Onoo: 2-5, ATV 11:29, (AMR 2.286), OVR 410.33
4. Sven Ulafsson: 2-5, ATV 19:16, (AMR 2.714), OVR 414.36
(Onoo has ATV tiebreaker [tier 2])

YELLOW DIVISION
1. Yoshii Nakamatsu: 6-1, ATV 15:34, (AMR 2.286), OVR 428.17
2. Markus Clay: 5-2, ATV 12:34, (AMR 2.143), OVR 421.64
3. Brian Blackfield: 3-4, ATV 22:28, (AMR 2.286), OVR 416.39
4. Elyssa Anderson: 2-5, ATV 33:54, (AMR 2.571), OVR 415.8

BLUE DIVISION
1. Lance Heartilly: 5-2, ATV 14:20, (AMR 1.429), OVR 417.37
2. Hailey Carmichael: 3-4, ATV 17:00, (AMR 1.857), OVR 411.94
3. Indigo Rose: 3-4, ATV 38:01, (AMR 1.714), OVR 414.96
4. Diego Rodriguez: 2-5, ATV 16:10, (AMR 2.000), OVR 410.7
(Hailey has ATV tiebreaker [tier 2])

WHITE DIVISION
1. Brandy McDonald: 5-2, ATV 15:24, (AMR 2.000), OVR 420.89
2. Terrance Stevens: 5-2, ATV 13:42, (AMR 2.143), OVR 421.18
3. Eugene Nagata: 4-3, ATV 21:42, (AMR 1.286), OVR 413.59
4. Jean-Paul Ouilette: 1-6, ATV 16:24, (AMR 1.857), OVR 403.46
(Brandy has head-to-head tiebreaker [tier 1])

WRESTLEHUT CONFERENCE

GREEN DIVISION
1. Lord Robert Abernathy: 6-1, ATV 14:31 (AMR 2.429), OVR 429.03
2. Glenn Knight: 5-2, ATV 10:32 (AMR 2.143), OVR 421.24
3. Daniel Simmons: 4-3, ATV 18:33 (AMR 2.714), OVR 423.3
4. Erick Gibson: 2-5, ATV 15:36 (AMR 2.143), OVR 408.53

ORANGE DIVISION
1. Pulsar: 5-2, ATV 17:21 (AMR 2.571), OVR 427.23
2. El Tornado: 3-4, ATV 18:38 (AMR 2.714), OVR 419.31
3. Billy Norris: 3-4, ATV 14:24 (AMR 2.286), OVR 415.03
4. Sterling Silver: 2-5, ATV 11:00 (AMR 2.429), OVR 410.86
(Tornado has head-to-head tiebreaker [tier 1])

PURPLE DIVISION
1. Diamond Steel: 5-2, ATV 15:20 (AMR 1.857), OVR 420.4
2. Vladimir Chavinski: 4-3, ATV 14:03 (AMR 1.571), OVR 414.18
3. Jack "Classic" Braddock: 3-4, ATV 16:58 (AMR 2.000), OVR 413.53
4. The Mastodon: 1-6, ATV 15:20 (AMR 2.000), OVR 402.95

BLACK DIVISION
1. Reverend Johnny Gross: 5-2, ATV 12:52 (AMR 1.857), OVR 418.52
2. Jimmy Anarchy: 3-4, ATV 13:02 (AMR 1.857), OVR 411.26
3. Blood River: 3-4, ATV 20:37 (AMR 2.286), OVR 416.29
4. Sin: 2-5, ATV 13:24 (AMR 2.000), OVR 408.35
(Anarchy has head-to-head tiebreaker [tier 1])

CONFIRMED TEAMS FOR TAG TEAM TURMOIL
The Duchy of Clarence: Hailey Carmichael and Jack “Classic” Braddock
Eugene Nagata and Lord Robert Abernathy
Sin and Jean-Paul Ouilette
Silver-thorned Roses: Sterling Silver and Indigo Rose
Erick Gibson and The Mastodon
Power and Pain: Sven Ulafsson and Vladimir Chavinski
Otto von Schwarz and Diamond Steel
Pan-Canadian Express: Lance Heartilly and Terrance Stevens
Trans-Siberian Harmonics: Diego Rodriguez and The Siberian Nightmare

PREDICTION STANDINGS
Projecthalaxy: 41 + 10 = 51
Senerio: 38 + 8 = 46
Shadowed: 12 this week

ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING: WEEK 8 SCHEDULE

RED DIVISION EUROPEAN RULES MATCH: Otto von Schwarz (5-2, OVR 427) vs. Jun Onoo (2-5, OVR 410)
Brian Blackfield (3-4, OVR 416) vs. Lance Heartilly (5-2, OVR 417)
Markus Clay (5-2, OVR 422) vs. Indigo Rose (3-4, OVR 415)
El Tornado (3-4, OVR 419) vs. Jack "Classic" Braddock (3-4, OVR 414)
Pulsar (5-2, OVR 427) vs. The Mastodon (1-6, OVR 403)
GREEN DIVISION: Erick Gibson (2-5, OVR 409) vs. Lord Robert Abernathy (6-1, OVR 429)
Elyssa Anderson (2-5, OVR 416) vs. Hailey Carmichael (3-4, OVR 412)
RED DIVISION: Sven Ulafsson (2-5, OVR 414) vs. The Siberian Nightmare (3-4, OVR 421)
BLACK DIVISION: Blood River (3-4, OVR 416) vs. Jimmy Anarchy (3-4, OVR 411)
Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-1, OVR 428) vs. Diego Rodriguez (2-5, OVR 411)
WHITE DIVISION: Jean-Paul Ouilette (1-6, OVR 403) vs. Eugene Nagata (4-3, OVR 414)
Billy Norris (3-4, OVR 415) vs. Vladimir Chavinski (4-3, OVR 414)
BLACK DIVISION: Sin (2-5, OVR 408) vs. Reverend Johnny Gross (5-2, OVR 419)
WHITE DIVISION: Brandy McDonald (5-2, OVR 421) vs. Terrance Stevens (5-2, OVR 421)
GREEN DIVISION: Daniel Simmons (4-3, OVR 423) vs. Glenn Knight (5-2, OVR 421)
SUBMISSION MATCH: Sterling Silver (2-5, OVR 411) vs. Diamond Steel (5-2, OVR 420)

TRAINING DEADLINE IS MARCH 26 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US TIME.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That's Main Event Nagata for you

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
RED DIVISION EUROPEAN RULES MATCH: Otto von Schwarz (5-2, OVR 427) vs. Jun Onoo (2-5, OVR 410)
GREEN DIVISION: Erick Gibson (2-5, OVR 409) vs. Lord Robert Abernathy (6-1, OVR 429)
Elyssa Anderson (2-5, OVR 416) vs. Hailey Carmichael (3-4, OVR 412) (duh)
RED DIVISION: Sven Ulafsson (2-5, OVR 414) vs. The Siberian Nightmare (3-4, OVR 421)
WHITE DIVISION: Jean-Paul Ouilette (1-6, OVR 403) vs. Eugene Nagata (4-3, OVR 414)
WHITE DIVISION: Brandy McDonald (5-2, OVR 421) vs. Terrance Stevens (5-2, OVR 421)
SUBMISSION MATCH: Sterling Silver (2-5, OVR 411) vs. Diamond Steel (5-2, OVR 420)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Are there supposed to be rematches? Didn't Sin already face Rev. Gross?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Veryslightlymad posted:

Are there supposed to be rematches? Didn't Sin already face Rev. Gross?

This is wrestling. Rematches are a part of the culture!

Seriously, though, it’s a good question. Short answer: yes, this is supposed to happen, and already has in other divisions.

RRW’s schedule is based off the NFL’s way of making schedules:

*Each person in your division twice (6 matches)
*Each person in a division within your conference, rotates every season (4 matches)
*Each person in a division in the opposite conference, rotates every season (4 matches)
*The two other people in your conference that finished in the same place as you did in your division (2 matches)

That gives us our 16-week schedule.

Since all 8 division winners make the playoffs, it’s only right that they prove they’re the best in their division by facing the others in the division twice.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
A quick announcement:

This week’s show might be delayed a day.

Spent most of this weekend with my roommate setting up a spot for me to work from home that really should have happened a week and a half ago when everyone else in my work unit got to start working from home while I was forced to go in to the office.

I’ll try to get everything else done tonight and during work tomorrow, but I still have 15 of the week’s matches to run yet. So there’s a high probability that the show goes up Tuesday evening instead of Monday.

For those wanting to play along at home, predictions are still open for week 8’s card:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING: SEASON ONE, WEEK EIGHT

RED DIVISION EUROPEAN RULES MATCH
Otto von Schwarz (5-2, OVR 427) vs. Jun Onoo (2-5, OVR 410)

Once again, we open with the Match of the Night, as we go to our announce team at ringside.

Tess Bradenbury: Good evening, everyone, and welcome to week eight of the RRW season! We’re starting tonight with one of Johnny's favorite match types, a European Rules match between Otto von Schwarz and Jun Onoo!

Johnny Tyler: For the love of…really? Why do we have to start with this match? These two will have everyone watching in their quarantines asleep before the match ends!

Tess Bradenbury: I beg to differ. This is going to be a hard-hitting match, like two heavyweight boxers going toe to toe!

Johnny Tyler: Boxing’s been dead since Mike Tyson was arrested, Tess; where have you been?

Tess Bradenbury: Ignoring the grump to my left…our principals appear ready to go, so let’s get this match underway!

quote:

(00:04) von Schwarz broke a Front Facelock
(00:08) von Schwarz hit a Begging Off Eye Poke
(00:08) The referee warned von Schwarz
(00:12) von Schwarz hit a Slap To Chest
(00:19) Onoo avoided a Forearm Blow.
(00:35) Onoo hit an Arm Wringer Takedown
(00:42) von Schwarz got a rope break to stop a Knee Bar
(00:58) Onoo hit an Arm Wringer Smash
(01:12) Onoo applied a Top Wrist Lock
(01:26) Onoo applied a Side Headlock
(01:29) von Schwarz countered a Headbutt with a Bell Clap
(01:33) von Schwarz hit an Eye Poke
(01:37) von Schwarz hit an Open Handed Chop
(01:43) Onoo avoided a Double Axe Handle Smash.
(01:57) Onoo applied a Side Headlock
(02:00) Onoo hit a Kick To Gut
(02:04) Onoo hit a Japanese Binta
(02:08) Onoo hit an Open Handed Chop
(02:12) Onoo hit a Kick To Thigh
(02:15) Onoo hit a Forearm Blow
(02:19) Onoo hit an Open Handed Chop
(02:29) Onoo hit a Short Arm Clothesline
(02:34) von Schwarz broke a Face Rub Taunt
(02:37) von Schwarz hit a Punch
(02:41) von Schwarz hit a Face Rake
(02:45) von Schwarz hit an Eye Poke
(02:48) von Schwarz hit a Jab Punch
(02:52) von Schwarz hit a Slap To Chest
(02:55) von Schwarz hit a Bell Clap
(02:59) Onoo blocked a Punch
(03:06) von Schwarz hit a Toss To Corner
(03:13) von Schwarz hit a Corner Open Handed Chop
(03:31) von Schwarz hit a Corner Ten Punch
(03:38) von Schwarz hit a Corner Clothesline
(03:51) von Schwarz hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(04:01) Jun Onoo moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(04:05) Onoo hit an Elbow Drop On Knee
(04:19) Onoo applied a Choke Hold
(04:19) The referee gave Onoo a stern warning
(04:34) Onoo hit a Stomp Flurry
(04:43) Otto von Schwarz very easily moved out of the way from an Elbow Drop.
(04:53) von Schwarz hit a Headbutt To Groin
(04:53) The referee gave von Schwarz a stern warning
(04:57) von Schwarz hit a Seated Back Kick
(05:00) von Schwarz hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(05:00) The round ended

Tess Bradenbury: Standard opening round, and already we’ve seen a few haymakers thrown out in the early going.

Johnny Tyler: Just wait, Tess. I give it another three rounds and we’ll need oxygen masks for them between rounds.

Tess Bradenbury: Which is not allowed, and you know that.

Johnny Tyler: I didn’t say they’d get them, only that they’d need them!

quote:

(05:14) Onoo applied an Arm Wringer
(05:21) von Schwarz got a rope break to stop a Hammerlock
(05:37) Onoo hit an Arm Wringer Smash
(05:44) Onoo hit a Drop Toe Hold
(05:54) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(06:10) Onoo hit a Standing Spinebuster
(06:20) Onoo hit a Headbutt To Groin
(06:27) Onoo used a Face Rub Taunt
(06:31) von Schwarz blocked a Headbutt To Groin
(06:44) Onoo hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(06:51) Onoo used a Face Rub Taunt
(07:01) Onoo hit a Headbutt To Groin
(07:01) The referee gave Onoo a stern warning
(07:05) Onoo hit a Stomp
(07:18) Onoo hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(07:26) Otto von Schwarz very easily moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(07:33) Jun Onoo very easily moved out of the way from a Posing Elbow Drop.
(07:37) Onoo hit an Elbow Drop On Knee
(07:41) Onoo hit a Stomp
(07:55) Onoo applied a Knee Bar
(07:59) Onoo hit a Stomp
(08:18) Onoo applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold
(08:18) The referee angrily told off Onoo
(08:23) von Schwarz blocked a Face Rub Taunt
(08:30) Otto von Schwarz very easily moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(08:34) von Schwarz hit an Elbow Drop
(08:40) Onoo very easily avoided a Stomp Flurry.
(08:50) Onoo hit a Short Arm Knee Lift
(09:00) Onoo hit a Short Arm Clothesline
(09:07) Onoo used a Spirit Roar
(09:21) Onoo used a Get Up Taunt
(09:26) von Schwarz broke a DDT
(09:29) von Schwarz hit a Handshake Kick To Gut
(09:32) von Schwarz hit a Begging Off Sucker Punch
(09:35) von Schwarz hit a Jab Punch
(09:39) von Schwarz hit an Eye Poke
(09:46) von Schwarz hit a Running Clothesline
(09:50) von Schwarz hit a Knee Drop
(10:00) von Schwarz hit a Stomp Flurry
(10:00) The round ended

Tess Bradenbury: Onoo seems to be raring to go already. Otto may have been on offense at the end of the round but Jun clearly felt he had the match in his corner!

Johnny Tyler: Yeah, nothing says “in control” like being pummeled on for about forty seconds. Though I hear some people like that…

Tess Bradenbury: Will you stop?!

quote:

(10:08) Onoo applied a Hammerlock
(10:17) von Schwarz avoided a Kick To Knee.
(10:20) von Schwarz hit a Punch
(10:24) von Schwarz hit a Slap To Chest
(10:28) Onoo slipped out the front of a Shoulder Breaker
(10:35) Onoo hit a Drop Toe Hold
(10:40) von Schwarz broke a Knee Pull
(10:43) Onoo countered a Shoulder Breaker with a Forearm Blow
(10:51) Onoo applied a Hammerlock
(10:57) Onoo hit a Blindside High Knee
(11:19) Onoo almost got a count out
(11:29) Onoo hit an Inverted Atomic Drop
(11:45) Onoo hit a Standing Spinebuster
(11:49) von Schwarz stopped a Spirit Roar by rushing Onoo
(11:53) von Schwarz hit a Face Rake
(11:56) von Schwarz hit a Jab Punch
(11:59) von Schwarz hit a Punch
(12:03) von Schwarz hit an Eye Poke
(12:10) von Schwarz hit a Running Knee Lift
(12:27) von Schwarz hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(12:37) von Schwarz hit a Headbutt To Groin
(12:37) The referee gave von Schwarz a stern warning
(12:47) von Schwarz hit a Big Man Stand-On
(12:52) Onoo blocked a Stomp To Groin
(12:56) von Schwarz hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(13:00) von Schwarz hit a Seated Kick
(13:07) von Schwarz used a Face Rub Taunt
(13:12) Onoo blocked a Big Man Stand-On
(13:29) von Schwarz hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(13:35) von Schwarz picked up Onoo
(13:44) Onoo countered a Powerbomb with a Punch Flurry
(13:51) Onoo hit a Drop Toe Hold
(14:05) Onoo applied an Arm Bar
(14:09) Onoo hit a Legdrop
(14:23) Onoo applied an Arm Bar
(14:43) Onoo applied a Rear Chinlock
(14:47) Onoo hit a Legdrop
(14:51) Onoo hit an Elbow Drop On Knee
(15:00) Onoo hit a Stomp Flurry
(15:00) The round ended

Tess Bradenbury: Still seems like a close match, though its becoming evident that neither man is going to have any sort of stamina remaining within another round or two.

Johnny Tyler: You think? I’m honestly surprised neither one has keeled over yet.

quote:

(15:07) Onoo hit a DDT
(15:16) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(15:32) Onoo hit a Japanese Power DDT
(15:37) von Schwarz broke a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold
(15:40) von Schwarz hit a Handshake Sucker Punch
(15:44) von Schwarz hit a Slap To Chest
(15:47) von Schwarz hit a Kick To Gut
(15:54) von Schwarz hit a Running Forearm Blow
(16:11) von Schwarz hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(16:30) von Schwarz applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold
(16:30) The referee angrily told off von Schwarz
(16:36) von Schwarz picked up Onoo
(16:40) Onoo countered a Strong Charging Forearm with a Slap To Chest
(16:54) Onoo applied an Arm Wringer
(16:58) von Schwarz blocked a Stump Piledriver
(17:03) von Schwarz broke a Stump Piledriver
(17:15) von Schwarz hit a Hammerlock Powerbomb
(17:22) von Schwarz picked up Onoo
(17:34) von Schwarz hit a Powerbomb
(17:38) von Schwarz hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(17:48) von Schwarz picked up Onoo
(17:54) von Schwarz hit a Begging Off Low Blow
(17:54) The referee gave von Schwarz a final warning
(17:59) von Schwarz got a two count
(18:03) Onoo countered a Gute Nacht with a Japanese Binta

(18:17) Onoo applied an Arm Wringer
(18:33) Onoo hit an Arm Wringer Smash
(18:41) Onoo applied a Hammerlock
(18:57) Onoo hit an Arm Wringer Smash
(19:05) Onoo applied a Hammerlock
(19:15) Onoo hit a Russian Legsweep
(19:19) Onoo hit an Elbow Drop On Knee
(19:28) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(19:44) Onoo hit a Japanese Power DDT
(19:50) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(19:54) von Schwarz slipped out of the back of a Stump Piledriver
(20:00) von Schwarz hit a Hammerlock Powerbomb
(20:00) The round ended

Tess Bradenbury: Good God, that impact!

Johnny Tyler: No lie, I think I felt the floor shake. If that had been hit maybe twenty seconds earlier, that could have been the first fall of the match!

quote:

(20:14) Onoo applied a Front Facelock
(20:30) Onoo hit a Japanese Power DDT
(20:45) Onoo hit a Stomp Flurry
(20:54) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(20:58) von Schwarz countered a Low Blow with an Open Handed Chop
(21:05) von Schwarz picked up Onoo from behind
(21:09) von Schwarz hit a Forearm To Back Of Head
(21:09) von Schwarz irish whipped Onoo into the corner
(21:20) von Schwarz hit a Corner Knife Edge Chop
(21:27) von Schwarz hit a Corner Forearm Charge
(21:42) von Schwarz hit a Stomp Flurry
(21:48) Jun Onoo moved out of the way from a Running Knee Drop.
(22:01) Onoo hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(22:05) von Schwarz broke a Headbutt To Groin
(22:11) Onoo countered a Strong Charging Forearm with a Strong Open Handed Chop
(22:30) Onoo applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold
(22:30) The referee angrily told off Onoo
(22:40) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(22:50) Onoo hit an Implant DDT
(22:54) Onoo got a two count
(23:01) Onoo hit a DDT
(23:15) Onoo used a Get Up Taunt
(23:19) von Schwarz slipped out the front of a Japanese Power DDT
(23:25) von Schwarz hit a Roundhouse Punch
(23:29) von Schwarz hit a Leaping Elbow Drop
(23:33) von Schwarz hit a Stomp
(23:41) von Schwarz hit a Stomp To Groin
(23:58) von Schwarz hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(24:11) von Schwarz hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(24:20) von Schwarz picked up Onoo
(24:24) Onoo countered a Gute Nacht with a Japanese Binta
(24:38) Onoo applied an Arm Wringer
(24:46) Onoo applied a Hammerlock
(24:53) Onoo hit a Hair Pull Takedown
(24:53) The referee warned Onoo
(25:00) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(25:00) The round ended

Tess Bradenbury: A near-fall or two in that last round, but otherwise a quieter round than the last.

Johnny Tyler: Something’s got to give here, Tess. Either their will or their actual beating hearts.

quote:

(25:04) von Schwarz slipped out of the back of a Standing Spinebuster
(25:08) von Schwarz irish whipped Onoo into the ropes
(25:18) von Schwarz hit a Sidewalk Slam
(25:25) von Schwarz picked up Onoo
(25:29) Onoo countered a Gute Nacht with a Japanese Binta
(25:34) von Schwarz blocked a Piledriver
(25:38) von Schwarz slipped out the front of a Japanese Power DDT
(25:42) Onoo blocked a Gute Nacht
(25:45) Onoo countered a Spinning Elbow Blow with a Throat Thrust
(25:50) von Schwarz slipped out of the back of a Standing Spinebuster
(25:54) von Schwarz irish whipped Onoo into the ropes
(26:01) von Schwarz hit a Powerslam
(26:05) von Schwarz hit a Running Knee Drop
(26:10) Onoo fought back against being picked up
(26:17) Onoo hit a Snap Mare Takedown
(26:26) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(26:42) Onoo hit a Stump Piledriver
(26:48) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(27:04) Onoo hit a Standing Spinebuster
(27:11) Onoo used a Slit Throat Motion
(27:24) Onoo hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(27:39) Onoo hit a Stomp Flurry
(27:46) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(28:02) Onoo hit a Stump Piledriver
(28:09) Onoo used a Slit Throat Motion
(28:16) Onoo used a Face Rub Taunt
(28:23) Onoo used a Spirit Roar
(28:42) Onoo applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold
(28:42) The referee angrily shouted at Onoo
(28:55) Onoo hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(29:02) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(29:09) Onoo hit a DDT
(29:24) Onoo hit a Stomp Flurry
(29:30) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(29:46) Onoo hit a Japanese Power DDT
(29:53) Onoo used a Face Rub Taunt
(29:53) von Schwarz started to bleed
(30:00) Onoo hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(30:00) The round ended

Johnny Tyler: That might be what Onoo was looking for! He’s got Otto bleeding, but can he follow up on it?

Tess Bradenbury: Johnny, tell me…have you seen Onoo try for his IMPACT Driver yet?

Johnny Tyler: Come to think of it, no...

Tess Bradenbury: I wonder. Has he found an opponent he can’t use his finisher on?

Johnny Tyler: If so...it makes that cut a huge target!

quote:

(30:04) von Schwarz blocked a Piledriver
(30:14) Onoo hit an Implant DDT
(30:19) Onoo got a two count
(30:25) Onoo hit a Strong Knife Edge Chop
(30:28) von Schwarz countered a Strong Open Handed Chop with a Punch
(30:31) von Schwarz hit a Forearm Blow
(30:34) von Schwarz hit a Bell Clap
(30:38) von Schwarz hit a Face Rake
(30:45) von Schwarz hit a Toss To Corner
(30:52) von Schwarz hit a Corner Knife Edge Chop
(31:10) von Schwarz hit a Corner Ten Punch
(31:19) Onoo countered a Corner Forearm Charge with a Punch Flurry
(31:35) Onoo hit a Stump Piledriver
(31:42) Onoo used a Spirit Roar
(32:01) Onoo applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold
(32:01) The referee angrily shouted at Onoo
(32:08) Onoo used a Slit Throat Motion
(32:17) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(32:24) Onoo hit a DDT
(32:24) von Schwarz began bleeding quite heavily
(32:37) Onoo used a Stalk Grounded Enemy
(32:43) Onoo hit a Strong Open Handed Chop
(32:52) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(32:59) Onoo hit a DDT
(33:04) von Schwarz stopped a Spirit Roar by rushing Onoo
(33:08) von Schwarz hit a Slap To Chest
(33:18) von Schwarz hit a Discus Punch
(33:31) von Schwarz hit a Posing Elbow Drop
(33:35) von Schwarz hit a Seated Kick
(33:45) von Schwarz hit a Big Man Stand-On
(33:49) von Schwarz hit a Measured Knee Drop
(34:06) von Schwarz hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry
(34:13) von Schwarz picked up Onoo
(34:20) Onoo avoided a Gute Nacht.
(34:28) Onoo applied a Hammerlock
(34:35) Onoo hit a Neckbreaker
(34:43) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(34:59) Onoo hit a Stump Piledriver
(34:59) von Schwarz began bleeding very heavily
(35:00) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(35:00) The round ended

Johnny Tyler: If Otto is going to do anything to salvage this match, he has to do it now!

Tess Bradenbury: You’re right; the referee surely isn’t gong to allow this to continue for much longer. And if he doesn’t, Hans Meyer at ringside should be considering stopping this one!

quote:

(35:07) Onoo hit a Running Forearm Blow
(35:16) Otto von Schwarz moved out of the way from a Big Legdrop.
(35:25) Jun Onoo moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.
(35:33) Onoo picked up von Schwarz
(35:49) Onoo hit a Stump Piledriver
(35:49) von Schwarz was bleeding everywhere
(35:56) Onoo used a Face Rub Taunt
(35:56) von Schwarz was covered from head to toe in blood

Tess Bradenbury: Wait a second, Hans Meyer’s up on the apron…the hell did he find a towel at?

Johnny Tyler: I swear, Tess, for as nerdy as you can be at times, you’ve never read Douglas Adams?

Tess Bradenbury: Meyer looks hesitant...but there it is! Hans Meyer has thrown in the towel, and the referee is going to call a stop to this one! A good move, if maybe a bit late, by Otto von Schwarz’s manager to stop the fight!

Johnny Tyler: I suppose that’s one way of getting around not being able to apply your finisher. Just threaten their life with substantial blood loss and grievous bodily harm!

Tess Bradenbury: Regardless, this European Rules match doesn’t even get out of the first fall, as Jun Onoo forces the stoppage and scores what some may consider an upset in this divisional contest!

Jun Onoo (3-5) def. Otto von Schwarz (5-3) via Blood Stoppage in 35:56. Rating: ***
Changes for Jun Onoo: OVR + 7.67, XP + 613.69, moderate damage to head and body
Changes for Otto von Schwarz: OVR + 2.41, XP + 178.22, Severe damage to head, minor damage to body
This was the Match of the Night (2 for Jun Onoo, 2 for Otto von Schwarz)

This could be summed up as the tale of two matches. For the first half of the contest, Lance Heartilly could do no wrong. He was landing offense on Blackfield at will, and had the Scotsman on the brink of defeat. But no matter what Heartilly tried, he just could not lock in the Hellacious Leglock, which gave Blackfied the chance to fight back. A Tartan Effect at eighteen minutes in put the two on equal footing, with only one move needed to end the match.

It would be Heartilly who managed it, slipping out of a Scotland Destroyer attempt to spike Blackfield with a DDT and apply the Hellacious Leglock. It would have been over except that Blackfield had managed to nearly turn the two of them over, and Heartilly broke the hold out of self-preservation. A second application less than a minute later would be what finally put Blackfield down, and Heartilly escapes week eight with a hard-fought submission victory.

Lance Heartilly (6-2) def. Brian Blackfield (3-5) via Submission (Hellacious Leglock) in 21:23. Rating: ***
Changes for Lance Heartilly: OVR + 5.97, XP + 531.12, no notable damage
Changes for Brian Blackfield: OVR + 0.83, XP + 132.78, minor damage to head and legs

Clay was rattled for the first few minutes of the bout. Losing to Jean-Paul Ouilette really shook him, as did all of the barbs on social media during the week. It took him about ten minutes to finally get his head in the game and once he did, he dominated the match from that point on. Rose did try (and fail) to get the Vite d’Indaco locked in, but Clay got to the ropes, reversed the next attack, and walked away with his sixth win of the season a minute or so later.

Markus Clay (6-2) def. Indigo Rose (3-5) via Pinfall (Johannesburg Express) in 16:49. Rating: **
Changes for Markus Clay: OVR + 4.35, XP + 488.07, no notable damage
Changes for Indigo Rose: OVR -0.08, XP + 122.02, minor damage to head

A Moment of Your Time..
Backstage….

Male Voice: Look, I don’t know what got into your head and all but I’m not teaming with you! I came halfway around the world to kick your arse so hard you’ll kiss the moon; why the hell would I want to join forces with you now?!

The camera rounds the corner to see Billy Norris storming away from Elyssa Anderson, anger clear on his face. For a split second, Anderson looks dejected before realizing the camera is there, and quickly recomposes herself.

Elyssa Anderson: (Sotto voce) Bloody mule-headed sonuva—

Male Voice 2: Sister Anderson? May I have a moment of your time, please?

Anderson spins around, right fist clenched and at the ready, to see Reverend Johnny Gross approaching her.

Elyssa Anderson: If you’re here to try to convert me to your religion, save your breath.

Rev. Johnny Gross: No, far from it, Sister Anderson. I couldn’t help but hear the last gentleman’s reaction to your suggestion. His loss, as they say. You see, I am also still in the hunt for a partner. While I know you’ve fallen on hard times in the ring lately, there is that spark within you. We all saw it when RRW first started. I think together, and with the Lord our God’s blessing, we can turn that spark into an inferno to burn every last sinner in RRW in our cleansing light.

There’s a pause as Anderson considers this.

Elyssa Anderson: Just teaming, right? No lectures, no scripture, none of the tomfoolery?

Rev. Johnny Gross: You have the word of a man of God, Sister Anderson. My sermons will not be directed to you.

Elyssa Anderson: …I have a feeling I’m going to regret this…but deal. You have a partner for Tag Team Turmoil.

Reverend Gross simply nods at this, smiles, and walks away to leave Anderson to her usual pre-match rituals. The deal has been struck, and perhaps it’s better to deal with the devil you know after all....

Braddock was in firm control of the first eight minutes of the match, allowing only one offensive move to be performed while he battered Tornado all about the ring. It took countering a Spinning Backfist into a seated knee plant for Tornado to start a comeback, and within five minutes he had Braddock in position for the Tornado Splash. Braddock would get to the ropes to get Tornado off-balance, follow that up with a Jack Attack, only to look on in disbelief as Tornado got a left shoulder at 2.8. Braddock bit back a curse, hit another backfist, and a second Jack Attack to get the pin a minute later to get back to an even record going into Tag Team Turmoil.

Jack "Classic" Braddock (4-4) def. El Tornado (3-5) via Pinfall (Jack Attack) in 15:22. Rating: **
Changes for Jack "Classic" Braddock: OVR + 4.27, XP + 487.38, moderate damage to head
Changes for El Tornado: OVR -0.08, XP + 121.84, moderate damage to head

Pulsar, the long-time ring veteran, simply let Mastodon run wild in the opening minutes, wearing the big man out with Masodon’s own thrown punches and kicks. Pulsar attempted to defend as best he could, but was still in a bad way as Mastodon went for a powerbomb pin. Pulsar managed to shift his weight to fall on top of Mastodon, who just got a shoulder up before the three, and from there Pulsar started his offense some eight minutes into the contest.

Five minutes later, Pulsar landed a Zodiac Implosion, then braced for the inevitable adrenaline rush from Mastodon. Mastodon wasn’t able to fully capitalize on the rush, though, and a second Zodiac Implosion (after a failed Cull the Weak) was enough for Pulsar to notch the victory.

Pulsar (6-2) def. The Mastodon (1-7) via Pinfall (Zodiac Implosion) in 18:23. Rating: ***
Changes for Pulsar: OVR + 5.75, XP + 529.56, minor damage to head and body
Changes for The Mastodon: OVR + 0.8, XP + 132.39, moderate damage to head, minor damage to body

GREEN DIVISION
Erick Gibson (2-5, OVR 409) vs. Lord Robert Abernathy (6-1, OVR 429)

Once again, Karen McClure was not present at ringside, leading some to wonder if she was secretly a victim of the novel coronavrus. Whatever the case, Gibson came out firing on all cylinders, putting Abernathy on the defensive early and not letting up for several minutes. The problem, naturally, is that Gibson gassed himself, leaving him open to a counterattack from Abernathy. The British noble would not squander the opportunity, wearing down Gibson before he himself became too gassed to continue. It was God Save the Queen that gave Abernathy his RRW-leading seventh victory of the season, and forcing Glenn Knight to win later on to remain within hailing distance of the Green Division lead.

Lord Robert Abernathy (7-1) def. Erick Gibson (2-6) via Submission (God Save the Queen) in 13:57. Rating: ***
Changes for Lord Robert Abernathy: OVR + 5.42, XP + 527.25, minor damage to head
Changes for Erick Gibson: OVR + 0.75, XP + 112.04, minor damage to head

This one was mostly one-sided. Anderson had some flashes of brilliance early on, but a missed Andersault spelled the beginning of the end. Hailey dominated from that point forward to pick up the submission victory and all but eliminate any hope Anderson had of being a contender this season.

Hailey Carmichael (4-4) def. Elyssa Anderson (2-6) via Submission (#NoFilter) in 14:21. Rating: **
Changes for Hailey Carmichael: OVR + 4.21, XP + 413.85, minor damage to head
Changes for Elyssa Anderson: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.72, minor damage to head

RED DIVISION
Sven Ulafsson (2-5, OVR 414) vs. The Siberian Nightmare (3-4, OVR 421)

This ended up being a close contender for Match of the Night. It was a hard-hitting affair, with a couple of major moves being narrowly averted to keep the ring from collapsing on itself. Nightmare hit two Sickles, not going for a cover either time, and in the end that may have been what spelled his doom. Nightmare did not attempt the Siberian Avalanche even once, while Ulafsson eschewed his Nordic Backbreaker for attempts at Pure Power. It took the second attempt to hit the move, shift the ring about three inches from where it had been standing before, and get the pin t create a logjam at 3-5 in the Red Division.

Sven Ulafsson (3-5) def. The Siberian Nightmare (3-5) via Pinfall (Pure Power) in 17:12. Rating: ***
Changes for Sven Ulafsson: OVR + 5.66, XP + 528.94, minor damage to head
Changes for The Siberian Nightmare: OVR + 0.78, XP + 132.24, minor damage to head and body

BLACK DIVISION
Blood River (3-4, OVR 416) vs. Jimmy Anarchy (3-4, OVR 411)

This ended up being a total one-sided contest in which the only memorable part is the minute or so that Blood River stood on the apron after hitting The Sacrifice while Anarchy did his best to knock River off the apron. In the end it was The Sacrifice that sealed the deal. River was never in danger of losing this match on this night.

Blood River (4-4) def. Jimmy Anarchy (3-5) via Pinfall (The Offering) in 8:50. Rating: *
Changes for Blood River: OVR + 2.75, XP + 377.30, no notable damage
Changes for Jimmy Anarchy: OVR -0.84, XP + 110.97, minor damage to head

Nakamatsu came into this one as not quite the overwhelming favorite as one would think, given that his opponent outweighed him and as such the Nakamatsu Driver would be a non-factor. Rodriguez put up a good fight but the hardcore war last week was still showing its effects on him. It took Yoshii a little over twenty minutes to bust Rodriguez open with a DDT, and only a few minutes more after that for the ref to finally call this one off. Nakamatsu heads into the tag tournament tied with Lord Robert Abernathy for the RRW lead in victories, with seven.

Yoshii Nakamatsu (7-1) def. Diego Rodriguez (2-6) via Blood Stoppage in 25:14. Rating: **
Changes for Yoshii Nakamatsu: OVR + 5.4, XP + 492.11, minor damage to head
Changes for Diego Rodriguez: OVR + 1.19, XP + 123.03, severe damage to head, minor damage to body

WHITE DIVISION
Jean-Paul Ouilette (1-6, OVR 403) vs. Eugene Nagata (4-3, OVR 414)

This turned out to be one of the dullest competitive bouts in RRW history. Maybe it was the fact that Nagata didn’t get to attempt an offensive maneuver until eight minutes into the matchup. Maybe it was that, when Nagata finally took to the offensive, he used the opportunity to not have to play to the crowd to get on the middle turnbuckle and rain down about sixty punches to Ouilette’s face instead of the normal ten. Or maybe these two just don’t “click” together in the ring. Whatever it was, the television audience, the announcers, and even the referee were glad when this one ended. Ouilette, coming off his shock victory last week, managed to do it again here, proving that last week might not have been a fluke after all.

Jean-Paul Ouilette (2-6) def. Eugene Nagata (4-4) via Pinfall (Le Petit Mort) in 15:48. Rating: *
Changes for Jean-Paul Ouilette: OVR + 3.03, XP + 379.91, minor damage to head
Changes for Eugene Nagata: OVR -0.92, XP + 94.98, minor damage to head

This was largely another one-sided affair. Chavinski never got out of the starting blocks and Norris put him away quickly with a Down Under Disaster.

Billy Norris (4-4) def. Vladimir Chavinski (4-4) via Pinfall (Down Under Disaster) in 9:01. Rating: **
Changes for Billy Norris: OVR + 3.91, XP + 484.33, no notable damage
Changes for Vladimir Chavinski: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.08, minor damage to head

BLACK DIVISION
Sin (2-5, OVR 408) vs. Reverend Johnny Gross (5-2, OVR 419)

The last time these two fought, Sin was sick with a cold, and the match suffered as she didn’t have much fight in her to begin with. Gross won that one easily.

This time, Sin had some fight in her, and took the fight to Rev. Gross, but the preacher would not be denied on this night. This was a ten-minute bout at best, stretched to fifteen for no reason than to pad the show length. Rev. Gross sweeps the season series with Sin, looking more like his usual self than the last time they faced off.

Reverend Johnny Gross (6-2) def. Sin (2-6) via Submission (Come to Jesus) in 14:52. Rating: *
Changes for Reverend Johnny Gross: OVR + 2.99, XP + 446.54, no notable damage
Changes for sin: OVR -0.91, XP + 111.64, minor damage to head

Workhorse Mentality
In this segment, Daniel Simmons did most of the talking, praising Yoshii Nakamatsu’s workhorse mentality en route to becoming one of RRW’s stars this season. Simmons then asked if Nakamatsu would honor him by joining forces for Tag Team Turmoil, and Nakamatsu nodded in agreement, and the two went their separate ways. Simmons had to carry the entire segment, owing to Nakamatsu’s limited English, and did reasonably well given the circumstances.

WHITE DIVISION
Brandy McDonald (5-2, OVR 421) vs. Terrance Stevens (5-2, OVR 421)

This match would decide the outright leader in the White Division at the midway point of the season. This was mostly an even match, with Brandy pulling away in the middle stages as she focused on attacking more than showing off. Thirteen minutes in, she looked to have the match won, after a Brandy With a Twist connected, save for one complication.

It busted Stevens open, and gave him a second wind. He’d bring Brandy to the brink of defeat, but he’d be unable to finish the deal as she hit a second Brandy With a Twist to score the pinfall and lead in the division going into Tag Team Turmoil.

Brandy McDonald (6-2) def. Terrance Stevens (5-3) via Pinfall (Brandy With a Twist) in 17:44. Rating: **
Changes for Brandy McDonald: OVR + 4.40, XP + 488.51, minor damage to head
Changes for Terrance Stevens: OVR -0.08, XP + 122.13, moderate damage to head

GREEN DIVISION
Daniel Simmons (4-3, OVR 423) vs. Glenn Knight (5-2, OVR 421)

This match would determine second place in the Green Division—either Glenn would split the season set against Simmons and remain a match behind Abernathy, or Simmons would take his second match against Knight this season and move into second based on the head-to-head tiebreaker.

This was a slugfest, with neither man backing down from the other. However, it wasn’t a very exciting slugfest, just two guys trading blows without much flash of flair. It ended rather abruptly with The Promise connecting from Glenn, keeping him within a match of the division lead and setting himself up for a good run in the second half of the season.

Glenn Knight (6-2) def. Daniel Simmons (4-4) via Pinfall ( ) in 12:17. Rating: 2
Changes for Glenn Knight: OVR + 4.10, XP + 485.90, minor damage to head
Changes for Daniel Simmons: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.47, minor damage to head and body

SUBMISSION MATCH
Sterling Silver (2-5, OVR 411) vs. Diamond Steel (5-2, OVR 420)

No one expected this to be a classic going in, as once again neither wrestler is known for submission wrestling. I’ll spare you the tedium of the twelve minutes spent on this match and cut right to the finish. Steel delivered a short-arm knee lift and immediately went for a bear hug. The knee lift knocked the wind out of Silver, and the bear hug forced her to tap just to try to get some air in her lungs before she passed out. This was an otherwise uninteresting match to end the show on.

Diamond Steel (6-2) def. Sterling Silver (2-6) via Submission (Force Submission) in 12:37. Rating: **
Changes for Diamond Steel: OVR + 4.11, XP + 486.06, minor damage to head
Changes for Sterling Silver: OVR -0.07, XP + 121.51, minor damage to head

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 8

RINGSPORTS CONFERENCE

RED DIVISION
1. Otto von Schwarz: 5-3, ATV 13:39, (AMR 2.750), OVR 428.98
2. Sven Ulafsson: 3-5, ATV 18:34, (AMR 2.750), OVR 420.02
3. Jun Onoo: 3-5, ATV 19:38, (AMR 2.375), OVR 418
4. The Siberian Nightmare: 3-5, ATV 22:31, (AMR 3.000), OVR 422.03
(As Ulafsson and Onoo have yet to face each other, tiebreaker for the trio first goes to ATV, which Ulafsson wins. The remaining two-person tie is broken by head-to-head, which Onoo has the advantage in.)

YELLOW DIVISION
1. Yoshii Nakamatsu: 7-1, ATV 16:57, (AMR 2.250), OVR 433.57
2. Markus Clay: 6-2, ATV 13:16, (AMR 2.125), OVR 425.99
3. Brian Blackfield: 3-5, ATV 22:28, (AMR 2.375), OVR 417.22
4. Elyssa Anderson: 2-6, ATV 33:54, (AMR 2.500), OVR 415.73

BLUE DIVISION
1. Lance Heartilly: 6-2, ATV 15:30, (AMR 1.625), OVR 423.34
2. Hailey Carmichael: 4-4, ATV 16:20, (AMR 1.875), OVR 416.15
3. Indigo Rose: 3-5, ATV 38:01, (AMR 1.750), OVR 414.88
4. Diego Rodriguez: 2-6, ATV 16:10, (AMR 2.000), OVR 411.89

WHITE DIVISION
1. Brandy McDonald: 6-2, ATV 15:47, (AMR 2.000), OVR 425.29
2. Terrance Stevens: 5-3, ATV 13:42, (AMR 2.125), OVR 421.1
3. Eugene Nagata: 4-4, ATV 21:42, (AMR 1.250), OVR 412.67
4. Jean-Paul Ouilette: 2-6, ATV 16:06, (AMR 1.750), OVR 406.49

WRESTLEHUT CONFERENCE

GREEN DIVISION
1. Lord Robert Abernathy: 7-1, ATV 14:26 (AMR 2.500), OVR 434.45
2. Glenn Knight: 6-2, ATV 10:50 (AMR 2.125), OVR 425.34
3. Daniel Simmons: 4-4, ATV 18:33 (AMR 2.625), OVR 423.23
4. Erick Gibson: 2-6, ATV 15:36 (AMR 2.250), OVR 409.28

ORANGE DIVISION
1. Pulsar: 6-2, ATV 17:32 (AMR 2.625), OVR 432.98
2. Billy Norris: 4-4, ATV 13:03 (AMR 2.250), OVR 418.94
3. El Tornado: 3-5, ATV 18:38 (AMR 2.625), OVR 419.23
4. Sterling Silver: 2-6, ATV 11:00 (AMR 2.375), OVR 410.79

PURPLE DIVISION
1. Diamond Steel: 6-2, ATV 14:52 (AMR 1.875), OVR 424.51
2. Vladimir Chavinski: 4-4, ATV 14:03 (AMR 1.625), OVR 414.11
3. Jack "Classic" Braddock: 4-4, ATV 16:34 (AMR 2.000), OVR 417.8
4. The Mastodon: 1-7, ATV 15:20 (AMR 2.125), OVR 403.75
(Chavinski has head-to-head tiebreaker)

BLACK DIVISION
1. Reverend Johnny Gross: 6-2, ATV 13:12 (AMR 1.750), OVR 421.51
2. Blood River: 4-4, ATV 17:40 (AMR 2.125), OVR 419.04
3. Jimmy Anarchy: 3-5, ATV 13:02 (AMR 1.750), OVR 410.42
4. Sin: 2-6, ATV 13:24 (AMR 1.875), OVR 407.44

PLAYOFF SEEDING IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY…

RINGSPORTS CONFERENCE
1. Yoshii Nakamatsu (7-1, Yellow Div. Winner)
2. Brandy McOnald (6-2, White Div. Winner) *wins ATV tiebreaker
3. Lance Heartilly (6-2, Blue Div. Winner)
4. Otto von Schwarz (5-3, Red Div. Winner)
5. Markus Clay (6-2, Wild Card #1)
6. Terrance Stevens (5-3, Wild Card #2)
Goon Participants:
7. Hailey Carmichael (4-4) *wins ATV tiebreaker
8. Eugene Nagata (4-4)

WRESTLEHUT CONFERENCE
1. Lord Robert Abernathy (7-1, Green Div. Winner)
2. Rev. Johnny Gross (6-2, Black Div. Winner) *wins 3-way ATV tiebreaker
3. Diamond Steel (6-2, Purple Div. Winner) *wins remaining ATV tiebreaker
4. Pulsar (6-2, Orange Div. Winner)
5. Glenn Knight (6-2, Wild Card #1)
6. Billy Norris (4-4, Wild Card 2) *wins 5-way ATV tiebreaker over Chavinski, Braddock, B. River, and Simmons (in that order)
Other Goon Participant:
8. Jack “Classic” Braddock (4-4) *see above for tie-breaker results

PREDICTION STANDINGS
Senerio: 46 + 10 = 56
Projecthalaxy: 51 + 0 = 51

ROWDY RINGSPORTS WRESTLING PRESENTS: TAG TEAM TURMOIL

All matches before the finals are Two out of Three Falls bouts!
The Winning team earns 50 Spirit Points apiece, the runners-up earn 25 Spirit Points apiece

ROUND ONE
1. Yoshii Nakamatsu/Daniel Simmons vs. Erick Gibson/The Mastodon
2. Eugene Nagata/Lord Robert Abernathy vs. Hailey Carmichael/Jack “Classic” Braddock
3. El Tornado/Blood River vs. Brandy McDonald/Pulsar
4. Billy Norris/Jun Onoo vs. Jimmy Anarchy/Brian Blakfield
5. Diego Rodriguez/The Siberian Nightmare vs. Sin/Jean-Paul Ouilette
6. Otto von Schwarz/Diamond Steel vs. Glenn Knight/Markus Clay
7. Sterling Silver/Indigo Rose vs. Sven Ulafsson/Vladimir Chavinski
8. Lance Heartilly/Terrance Stevens vs. Rev/ Johnny Gross/Elyssa Anderson

QUARTERFINALS
9. Winner of 1 vs. Winner of 2
10. Winner of 3 vs. Winner of 4
11. Winner of 5 vs. Winner of 6
12. Winner of 7 vs. Winner of 8

SEMIFINALS
13. Winner of 9 vs. Winner of 10
14. Winner of 11 vs. Winner of 12

FINALS: 60-Minute Iron Man Tag Team Match (Presented in Match of the Night format)
15. Winner of 13 vs. Winner of 14

DUE TO WRESTLEMANIA THS WEEKEND, TRAINING DEADLINE IS PUSHED BACK TO APRIL 7 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US TIME.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Two things worth noting:

* Predictions will not count for Tag Team Turmoil. If you want to make unofficial guesses, then by all means!

* Worth reiterating that next show is in two weeks. Next weekend is WrestleMania and I am morbidly curious to see how that goes. Plus friends and I gather on Discord to chat and shitpost during these events so I’ll be occupied during regular RRW hours.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
ROUND ONE
1. Yoshii Nakamatsu/Daniel Simmons vs. Erick Gibson/The Mastodon
2. Eugene Nagata/Lord Robert Abernathy vs. Hailey Carmichael/Jack “Classic” Braddock
3. El Tornado/Blood River vs. Brandy McDonald/Pulsar
4. Billy Norris/Jun Onoo vs. Jimmy Anarchy/Brian Blakfield
5. Diego Rodriguez/The Siberian Nightmare vs. Sin/Jean-Paul Ouilette
6. Otto von Schwarz/Diamond Steel vs. Glenn Knight/Markus Clay
7. Sterling Silver/Indigo Rose vs. Sven Ulafsson/Vladimir Chavinski
8. Lance Heartilly/Terrance Stevens vs. Rev/ Johnny Gross/Elyssa Anderson

QUARTERFINALS
9. Gibson/Mastadon vs The Duchy of Clarence
10. McDonald/Pulsar vs. Anarchy/Blakfield
11. Sin-Paul vs. Clay Knights
12. Silver/Rose vs. Gross/Anderson

SEMIFINALS
13. The Duchy of Clarence vs. Anarchy/Blakfield
14. Clay Knights vs. Silver Rose

FINALS: 60-Minute Iron Man Tag Team Match (Presented in Match of the Night format)
15. The Duchy of Clarence vs. Silver Rose

duh.

Submitted my training. Slightly different than usual.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 1, 2020

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
But I thought your team was the Duchy of Clarence? Don’t tell me Hailey is secretly Lord Abernathy’s kid; I’d need to hire writers then to keep canon straight! ;)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Real bummer that Eugene failed again, but that sixty punches spot sounds amazing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ShadowedFlames posted:

But I thought your team was the Duchy of Clarence? Don’t tell me Hailey is secretly Lord Abernathy’s kid; I’d need to hire writers then to keep canon straight! ;)

Don't write predictions when half awake.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

I Before E posted:

Real bummer that Eugene failed again, but that sixty punches spot sounds amazing.

I don’t save PBPs of other matches, but I remember this sequence well enough. How it actually played out:

Whip to corner
Corner Knife Edge Chop
Corner Ten Punch
Corner Knife Edge Chop
Corner Ten Punch
Corner Knife Edge Chop
Corner Ten Punch
Face Slapping Taunt
Corner Knife Edge Chop
Corner Ten Punch
Face Slapping Taunt
Corner Ten Punch
Corner Knife Edge Chop
Corner Ten Punch
Face Slapping Taunt
(seventh Corner Ten Punch gets countered)

In editing, I thought it’d be funnier to make it sixty straight punches. So I pulled a Kevin Dunn, cut camera angles repeatedly, and what you saw was 60 uninterrupted punches without the chops and slaps in between.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm very disappointed that I won clean with my move after weeks of hilarious banana peel finishes. But! We move on. The tag league awaits and I will probably not be complete dead weight (lie)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just remember not to start eating before Hailey is finished and not to sneeze and you'll be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
What amuses me is that the brackets were double random—random number pick from 1-25, shuffle the order that many times. The RNG decided to put three goons together in the first round.

Not how I’d have drawn it up if I were legit booking this but that’s the perils of randomness for you!