Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Metapod posted:

Kawilimus youre wrong

The ravens are a very good team that got owned by an elite team

I mean they had good talent but I wouldn't call the Browns elite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
*Ravens finish 19-0 in 2020*

Kawalimus: WELL ACTUALLY *thesis on why the Ravens are bad*

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
“Going 19-0 would be the worst thing in the world that could happen to the Ravens because every season afterwards would be a tremendous disappointment.”

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

“Going 19-0 would be the worst thing in the world that could happen to the Ravens because every season afterwards would be a tremendous disappointment.”

So he'd the average Patriots fan

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So he'd the average Patriots fan

The average Patriots fan lusts for 19-0 so not really.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shula finally gets his payday for the Super Bowl disaster

quote:

Broncos hired ex-Giants OC Mike Shula as QB coach.

It's a step back after Shula held a coordinator role under Pat Shurmur the last two years. He'll continue to follow Shurmur, who replaced ex-Broncos OC Rich Scangarello. This is a good get for Denver — Shula has a strong offensive background and played a role in developing Daniel Jones this past season. Shula will try to parlay Drew Lock's rookie success into a second-year leap.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

No Irish Need Imply posted:

oh my god lamar then kirk does not go as you'd expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FQUrPhJDo

Not at all, not sure why you would expect Lamar to better than Kirk in a throwing skills competition

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wouldn't go that far but there is some truth there. Not that it would be a bad thing in itself. But after 19-0 what would you have to shoot for? I guess still individual records but yeah there would be a kind of hangover. To me anyway. I think the big thing would be trying to continue the winning streak as long as it can go. But once it does go. The fandom hangover starts.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The average Patriots fan lusts for 19-0 so not really.

Yeah but anything not 19 0 is a disappointment for them

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Than You posted:

*Ravens finish 19-0 in 2020*

Kawalimus: WELL ACTUALLY *thesis on why the Ravens are bad*

I didn't say we were bad. I am saying we are closer to mediocre but buoyed heavily because we did what we did on offense so extremely well. That it made our weaknesses just not matter.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah but anything not 19 0 is a disappointment for them

Lost season starts the first game they lose the lead.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Is there a bible reading competition in the pro bowl?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Is there a bible reading competition in the pro bowl?

There should be a bible throwing competition.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens were mediocre and considered a .500 team before Lamar Jackson caught fire at the Seattle game.

And the Browns were our only hope to stop a Pats-Rams rematch.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

How do you write 3 paragraphs and not point out that the Ravens receivers outside of the Hollywood catch were hot dookie in the playoff game

He doesn't actually watch football.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chichevache posted:

No, that's hockey where I don't actually watch the games :D

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

But after 19-0 what would you have to shoot for?

If your team goes 19-0 you get to stop watching football forever

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think they should create a special trophy for 19-0(or better if they increase the game total or expand the playoffs and get rid of the bye etc) called the Shula trophy.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cast the coach's lower torso in bronze and then have a ceremony where they hack the penis off with a golden set of bolt cutters and present the bronze penis to the coach and put everything in canton with a plaque and a NASA style golden disk that explains everything for aliens after the human race dies out.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

hifi posted:

cast the coach's lower torso in bronze and then have a ceremony where they hack the penis off with a golden set of bolt cutters and present the bronze penis to the coach and put everything in canton with a plaque and a NASA style golden disk that explains everything for aliens after the human race dies out.

That is...not what I had in mind

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
don't kinkshame

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

Neither does Play

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

I think they should create a special trophy for 19-0(or better if they increase the game total or expand the playoffs and get rid of the bye etc) called the Shula trophy.

The one thing Kawalimus ever said that everyone can get behind

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

hifi posted:

Nah just coat the 72 Dolphins in gold like that dweeb from Game of Thrones

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
More power to him if this is true. It seems like it must be at least partially true because it's insane that no one would even give him a shot if he wanted to play this year.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1221142923804336129

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

More power to him if this is true. It seems like it must be at least partially true because it's insane that no one would even give him a shot if he wanted to play this year.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1221142923804336129

I just assumed his heel deformity kept anyone from signing him.

Cool for him if that's not what it was though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Which will happen first, the last 72 dolphin dies or the Cowboys win a playoff game?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Elephanthead posted:

Which will happen first, the last 72 dolphin dies or the Cowboys win a playoff game?

Well, they hired Fat Mike as their head coach, so...

no playoffs wins in the next 3-5 years.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

LabyaMynora posted:

This seems like a wierd take since Fat Mike for all his faults is still empirically better than Jason loving Garrett.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Elephanthead posted:

No idea but Jerry Jones will make it to 100

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The Pro Bowl skills stuff is very fun to watch, especially a bunch of millionaires playing dodgeball very seriously. Also, Jarvis Landry is really good at dodgeball.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/strongsidenfl/status/1221108951749545984?s=19

This is the best thing

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Titans-Ravens game reminded me a bit of the '05 AFCCG. That Broncos team went 13-3 with Jake Plummer and Mike Anderson, and rarely had any games where they fell behind and had to come back. Then the Steelers came in and somehow converted 7 3rd and longs in a row or something, took a two score lead, and the Broncos kind of panicked.

In the Ravens' case, at least they won't turn around and decide to draft a new QB and adopt a new offensive system as a knee jerk reaction to one game.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LabyaMynora posted:

Eh, I dunno

McCarthy took the Packers from 4-12 to the NFC championship in his first two seasons.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ehud posted:

they have kid fuckers in dungeons and dragons??

Where do you think all these level 3 sex offenders are coming from?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kawalimus posted:

I wouldn't go that far but there is some truth there. Not that it would be a bad thing in itself. But after 19-0 what would you have to shoot for? I guess still individual records but yeah there would be a kind of hangover. To me anyway. I think the big thing would be trying to continue the winning streak as long as it can go. But once it does go. The fandom hangover starts.

As an LSU fan whose team just went 15-0 and won the national championship, I say you sit back, enjoy the ride, and realize that it will probably never happen like that ever again. And that's ok. :)

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

If any Packers fans are house hunting, here's one right next to Lambeau Field:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1261-Shadow-Ln-Green-Bay-WI-54304/60803610_zpid/

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TITANKISSER69 posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1261-Shadow-Ln-Green-Bay-WI-54304/60803610_zpid/

Lombardi Ave is full of these homes, they're not (usually) owned by people who actually live in them, they just get rented out to tourists and visitors who come in for the games.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

TITANKISSER69 posted:

That’s hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Saddens me somehow they don't have GB logos on hard/ceramic/granite surfaces.