Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

nine-gear crow posted:

What I wouldn't give for an episode of Q just running around downtown 2020s LA and the subburbs trying to manually do poo poo without using what little is left of his powers. So he's gonna like steal money and hire an Uber driver to get him from place to place, and break into a lab to steal the chemicals he needs to gently caress with Soong and has to run away from security and guard dogs, and try to con his way into the Europa Project's therapist's office and like bonk him on the head with one of his office trinkets and then steal his clothes and hide him in the closet before Renee shows up, all while staying like half a step ahead of Picard and co. as he just weaves a plan by the seat of his pants that even he gets lost in.

Or at least just like a montage of antics set to the Inspector Gadget theme or something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2LOaLgA0

What I'm saying is Terry Matalas is a hack with no imagination.

Now see, THIS would’ve been top tier entertainment.

Q having to humorously improv an elaborate scheme that normally would’ve been done with a snap of his fingers.

And at some point, he’d stop to eat at Taco Bell and his intestines would be wrecked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Q as a street magician who can only muster turning Coca-Cola into Pepsi with a fraction of a fraction of his powers.

Oh how the mighty have fallen, Q.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO-PHz5sWIQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Didn’t Elnor get blown up in a ship off screen in season three?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Let me try and recap

Beginning of the season: sub space anomaly, we need to go back in time to stop fascism.

Now: we need to stop a borg queenlette and deal with picard's mommy issues

This is the gist of it. Yes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Tars Tarkas posted:

They specifically said he wasn't dead on Twitter (aka they forgot he was on the ship and made up the excuse after the fact) This was at the same time the other showrunners were tweeting that their characters were also not at Frontier Day so the Lower Decks and Prodigy crews aren't doomed to die from borg cum teens

Elnor was truly lucky that his alarm clock batteries died, and hence, didn’t wake up to get Borg Cum Teen genocided at Frontier Day.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

a neat cape posted:

PROJECT KHAN

Ohhhh ho ho ho hoooooo.

WAIT UNTIL STRANGE NEW WORLDS SEASON TWO.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Any official Moopsy merch should be an adorable plush that says MOOPSY really loud in the middle of the night.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bring in Jeffrey Combs.

Do it.

Dude showed up for Lower Decks. Bring him back for live action.

Hell, as Shran, even. How long lived are Andorians, anyways?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oh please find a way to shoehorn Harry Peacock and/or Matt Berry into the final season. Make them Starfleet and have them stationed at some remote outpost.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://x.com/variety/status/1737249153023885767?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Picard calls the antagonist a motherfucker and fires a full spread of quantum torpedoes at the ship, avenging Worf’s death in the second act from unsecured barrels falling on his neck again.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

There are a lot of Soongs.

And for some reason, they all look exactly the same.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I am still bummed that we didn’t get a bunch of “Q struggling to navigate the early 21st century because his powers are waning/limited” in season two of Picard.

Q having to use public transportation.

Q having to Google addresses and phone numbers.

Q trying to decide what to order at a Wendy’s.

Q playing Three Card Monte and getting bamboozled.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm still picturing something like a Prius rolling up to Guinan's bar and Q hops out and Picard's like "What the hell are you doing, Q?" and Q's just all smug like "I hired an Uber, Jean-Luc :smug:" like it's the greatest thing he'd accomplished. Then he has to hit Guinan up for like $20 to pay the guy because he doesn't have any cash.

De Lancie would’ve pulled that off beautifully.

“Oh Mon Capitan, you won’t believe what else I did today. I had orange juice for the first time! Very pulpy. Delicious. Why didn’t you tell me about this sooner?”

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Leoben Conoy out of nowhere! What a great addition to the cast this season.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Per the TNG Technical Manual:

quote:

Matter conversion subsystem creates physical props using replicators. Replicated props are generally created when an object is likely to be touched by the participant. Some props are animated under computer control by precision-guided tractor beams.

Holographic imagery subsystem creates three-dimensional images of simulated environments. Shaped forcebeams give physical substance to foreground objects so they have the illusion of being solid.

Substrate forcefield creates "treadmill" effect, permitting participant to remain stationary while the simulated environment "scrolls" by within the limits of the simulation program.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale own the BTTF IP and as far as I can tell, they've both said no reboot will happen while they still draw breath.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oh poo poo a Krenim weapon from the Temporal War!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“Paul, are you stuck in a time loop right now?”

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

ISS Enterprise and the Mirror Universe, baybeeeeeeeee….

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The finale should just be the Breen activating the technology and then every ship and starbase in the Milky Way explodes.

And everybody’s skeletons explode. Violently.

Smash cut to a spooky child’s choir singing the Star Trek theme in a minor key as the galaxy is sanitized, ala firing the Halo Array.

Ultra grimdark ending. Also slaps an expiration date on all future Star Trek shows.

“Cannot make any Star Trek shows that take place in the prime universe which happen after the 32nd century.”

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Smash cut to Riker and Troi in the Holodeck on TNG enterprise. "well certainly glad that was all a holodeck simulation, all that seems awful!", "yes, now lets forget that all happened and tell Picard not to do all that awfulstuff in the future that we also just saw on the holodeck." "yeah, I think we can make a better future than that".

Alternatively, the entire Discovery series is a dream that Reg Barclay had.

He wakes up from it, shrugs it off, and then goes to check some old isolinear chips as part of his daily chores.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

They didn’t even bother to threaten the shareholders with Corbomite.

Shameful.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Not only should they have gleefully handed her over, but we should’ve never seen or heard about her character again for the rest of the season.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Book and Burnham will be the only two people left on the ship in the finale.

This will not be elaborated upon or explained.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Three words: Resurrected Mark Twain.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

A lost Pakled ship somehow accidentally destroys the Breen dreadnaught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I just assume that Starfleet Admirals in the distant future have reached peak corruption. In order to even become an Admiral you probably have to drown 20 people with your bare hands.