Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sushi The Kid posted:

Back in December of 2013 I had a form of the Coronavirus, may have been MERS-CoV. I felt like I just had a cold about the first 5-7 days, then I just really felt bad. I worked for a couple days, came home and hit the bed. On like day 3 of bed rest, I could feel the life leaving me. Told my WIFE "Ok, let's go to the hospital". I was there about 20 minutes, when the doctor said, we don't have the equipment of the staff to treat you here. We have a ambulance standing by, you are going straight to the University hospital.

The hospital ride was quiet and calm. The two ambulance workers didn't say a word to me, didn't get in the back with me, didn't even look at me. Last thing I remember was a nurse/doctor saying "Sushi, we are going to have to incubate you ok?" Sure sure whatever. I woke up 14 days later to my wife saying "cough baby" and the nurse pulling the tubes out of my lungs.

Best vacation ever. Got some much needed rest, even lost a couple of pounds and I had sparkling clean lungs again!

Only downside was that my Sp02 went down to brain damaging levels, and some of my organs started shutting down and I flat lined like twice. I can't remember anything from 2013 at all except going in and coming out of the hospital. A good chunk of 2014 is a blur, I sometimes can't remember people I see every day names right at first. Takes a couple of minutes.

So yeah, coronavirus isn't nothing to gently caress wit.

:stonk: