Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Chrs posted:

Is this the annual doomsday virus that ultimately amounts to nothing?

yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s still early and there’s also no way in hell those are the real numbers.

Yeah if anything the sickened are higher and the overall lethality lower because funny thing it turns out to be pretty hard to hide a corpse and when one is found people tend to start asking questions

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Let me introduce you to this little country called China that is exceptionally good at it!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Following the Uighyr concentration camp story should show you how strong China’s denial game is.

Thanks but I’m very intimately familiar with the CCP and China and you’re not really aware of what you’re talking about if you compare the Han heartland to the provinces the genocide is occurring in

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it's worth noting that one of the only ways you get admitted to the hospital without having to bribe half of the staff in China is to fall over and cause a scene like that so while I don't doubt that these people are very sick it's important to remember there's a reason why they're not just walking to the hospital before they fall over.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

My concern is Ebola and a lot of the other poo poo was in smaller population areas, and did Bird flu have people dropping in the streets and this reaction from China? I got my vaccinations so I’m good I hope.

scuttlebutt i keep hearing is that this particular virus jumped from snakes so i seriously doubt any vaccinations would be effective against it if that's true.

that said, this is still a very low-lethality disease by all measures that have been coming out. the deaths are among the very young, very old, and immunocompromised.