Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I'll start worrying when it gets to SARS or Swine Flu levels of outbreak.
Heck even ebola wasn't all that worrying for anybody in the west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
:catstare:

https://twitter.com/Spainkiller/status/1231869865205620742

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

Nows a great time to shoplift and get away with it. So many distractions!

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

Jesus christ 13000 posts since I last checked this thread.
What I miss?

Yikes....this didn't age well. :chloe:

The Real Amethyst posted:

I'll start worrying when it gets to SARS or Swine Flu levels of outbreak.
Heck even ebola wasn't all that worrying for anybody in the west.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

To be fair, back in January it wasn't unreasonable to be not overly worried about this after seeing how Ebola and SARS played out.
Definitely by March I was more than concerned as lockdown was already in effect in my country.

Thankfully we acted much earlier thanmany other countries and avoided being steamrolled like the US and UK did. Not to discount the thousands that have died of course but I feel like us actually listening to the public health officials actually spared us much hardship.

I was heavily involved in the preparations, evacuations and contingency planning for the covid response these past few months.
I've also been doing swabbing duties for weeks now. I've seen some crazy poo poo I never thought I'd see.

One of the more noteworthy ones: We were tasked with bringing a covid positive patient to a nursing home that agreed to act as a covid facility.
This particular patient was late 80's multiple health problems and end of life. I was in full hazmat PPE for the journey.
10 mins out we pre alerted and asked them to be ready. When we brought the patient inside literally all the staff were just milling around serving dinners, doing the med rounds etc in zero PPE, all the other home residents were also walking the hallways.

When we arrived at the covid wing two nurses, one of whom was the nurse manager met us. They were wearing zero PPE. No gloves, no gowns, not even a mask.
I said "do you not have PPE? I can give you some". The nurses replied, oh I'll be fine.....
I insisted she wear at least a mask and gloves which she reluctantly sigh'd and put one on.

After the handover the two nurses bitched as we were walking out. "they seem to think we needed PPE hahaha smh".

I reported them to the public health body.
Got a phone call one week later: "Oh hi, yeah thanks for telling us about that. You actually flagged a huge outbreak. Since the report, there has been over 60 new infections in the nursing home, and 13 deaths in 7 days."
There's now a legal investigation taking place.

:wtc:

The Real Amethyst fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 15, 2020