Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
my coworker just came down with cold symptoms a few days after he flew back from Asia by way of Japan in a plane full of Chinese people. I have now also caught it.

my entire office is convinced we're dying of coronavirus, it's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

redreader posted:

VVVV are you still going in to work? (lol)

no, I'm a computer toucher so I'm WFH today even though we don't really allow WFH (thanks boomer boss)

my coworker on the other hand went in today and apparently was hacking up a lung in a meeting room without covering his mouth. I heard a coworker on a call just straight up yell at him "loving GO HOME ALREADY" lmao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Enfys posted:

This coronavirus doesn't really have upper respiratory symptoms - it attacks the lungs. If you have cold symptoms like sinus infection/runny nose, etc you probably just have a boring old cold.

If you have fever and shortness of breath from a deep chesty lung infection, then maybe you have it.

So far I just have a slight fever and a cough :stare:

obviously I don't think I have it but it would be hilarious if the first largescale outbreak in America was caused by my incredibly stupid coworker.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
update I finally have nose symptoms so I guess I don't have the chinese death virus :(

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

A Grand Egg posted:

Interesting read:

Notes from UCSF Expert panel - March 10

University of California, San Francisco BioHub Panel on COVID-19

https://www.linkedin.com/content-guest/article/notes-from-ucsf-expert-panel-march-10-dr-jordan-shlain-m-d-/

I mentioned in the C-SPAM thread that this says it's only 2 days of symptomless contagiousness, rather than the like 5 people have been saying. Hopefully it is correct.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

sweet thursday posted:

Can somebody help me? I'm not sure what is going on and with this COVID19 I am scared. My symptoms are a little sexual frustration combined with lack of motivation; a loss of concentration (I can't concentrate on work); my libido's gone berserk; I'm sweating through my shirt; hyper emotional sensations which seems to be unaffected by location; I can't seem to get to sleep and I don't want anything to eat; Overall I would say I feel a pressure near my heart and a sensation of water soaking into my brain. This is driving me insane.

I am a doctor and I'm afraid you have Moregellons. It's like Morgellons, but more.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

r u ready to WALK posted:

I think almost every home bathroom I've been in has a shower in the same room as the toilet.
If you can't get TP just get a bar of soap and jump in the shower after you have a poo poo, sheesh.

I guess it doesn't work if you have one of those stupid wall mounted shower heads, in that case learn to do handstands or whatever.

what kind of shower head are you talking about that wouldn't reach your rear end in a top hat? Shouldn't you be cleaning your rear end in a top hat any time you shower anyway

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Ya wtf I've never used any kind of removable showerhead in my life and I wash my rear end all the time. I have to because I never wipe.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

unpacked robinhood posted:

I have no idea of this is bullshit or not

https://twitter.com/Ramunai40409885/status/1241336988025774081?s=19

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
had a dream I had to embalm someone because all the morticians died to the Coronavirus

it's harder than it looks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bird with big dick posted:

My dick is presumptive positive for being big.

we're going to have to shove a covid test all the way up in there just to be sure

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Faffel posted:

Oh yeah it's gonna be a bad pandemic filmpocalypse once they start making them again.

e: whoa i was way back in time. gently caress it.

i hope they get rick moranis for dr. fauci

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Blistex posted:

At least it's not the worst news we've heard today.

Lmao this owns

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i forgot the local high school was back from being remote following another COVID outbreak. it's literally right next door to the grocery store i go to

went to get groceries before lunch. 1/3rd through shopping and a hundred high schoolers with masks down around their necks start cramming down the aisles in 3s and 4s :waycool:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mozi posted:

more like Wrong Listened Zorp (zorp is the opposite of fred)

hmm not sure if that checks out :thunk: any math goons?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

:rolleyes: please, less than 1 in 3 patients experience their skeleton attempting to flee their body

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

20 Blunts posted:

hmph. i don't have PMs but thought gently caress it time for a plat upgrade, i can't get it to work though, are payments not being taken right now because of lowtax poo poo?

i basically started working with the company im at when i was 20 and now im in my late 20s and ready to move on. i started as a hired hand and then took over the office duties for about 5 years now. Im in an industry that kind of straddles what you would call "unskilled" and "skilled" labor. I'm the management side of that, and so my gig is kind of cushy but getting stale. So I'm just stuck with a single bullet point on my resume, other than 18 years old working at sears...My bachelor's degree is in philosophy from a pretty respected state school.

I have excellent phone skills and organization, definitely have hosed with some management software and I might be able to work tech support at Quickbooks at this point. I juggled business side poo poo and also the owner's personal affairs so I'm good with sorting out problems. I think this 6 month job sounds like a good regrouping period for me doing something that is pretty drat important. I don't think the technical side of it really intimidates me much.

And honestly I'm a bit of a boomer whisperer so I think they might just need my services. Like 2/3 of my clients right now are homeowning boomers, they go from 0-60 getting pissed about minuscule poo poo all the time, but i've honed some strategies to reel em in over the years.

ive just queued up platinum for you, dont give lowtax any more money

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im locking this for a bit because it seems really stupid. might unlock after review :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
new thread is up here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966953