Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashman posted:

Dave Thomas in compromising situations

With Ronald McDonald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Wendy was actually the name of his dog who died when the hamburglar ate him

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

flashman posted:

Dave Thomas in compromising situations.

I don't like square burger patty, it's weird.

It's because he doesn't cut corners.
e: the grocery store frozen ones that are square are fuckin' garbage tho

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

orphan crew for lyfe

also it makes sense, think of the meat you could have had, if only every burg was squared

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

It's because he doesn't cut corners.
e: the grocery store frozen ones that are square are fuckin' garbage tho

he'll cut a bitch though

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

flashman posted:

Dave Thomas in compromising situations.

I don't like square burger patty, it's weird.

Wendy's here has both normal burgs and square burgs, it is odd.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

kolby posted:

he'll cut a bitch though

Whatever the Maw of Dave does not consume will not be discarded, no; it will make its way to the chili farm.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I had a friend who used to work at Wendy’s and he said the manager would have them squirt the ketchup and stuff in the shape of a w and one time he did it sloppy and it kind of looked like an M and got in trouble because “this isn’t McDonald’s”

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Dave Thomas actually led an assault across the Rhine in WWII and got shot in the chest

sports
Sep 1, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

Dave Thomas actually led an assault across the Rhine in WWII and got shot in the chest

Then he defected to the US

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

Still punched in to work the next day. :patriot:

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I had a friend who used to work at Wendy’s and he said the manager would have them squirt the ketchup and stuff in the shape of a w and one time he did it sloppy and it kind of looked like an M and got in trouble because “this isn’t McDonald’s”

that's like saying, "your upside down 6 looks like a 9"

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

Makes you wonder who he was so eager to meet he would risk getting shot...

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
i dont think any of the big three fast food burger joints cant be considered underrated lol but wendys is pretty good i easily prefer it over mickey dees and bk
whataburgers bacon and green chile double cheeseburger is the best fast food burger ive had though
edit: scope this

starbarry clock fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 4, 2020

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

flashman posted:

Makes you wonder who he was so eager to meet he would risk getting shot...

he heard bun instead of hun and thought that plus kraut meant free hot dogs

after he got demobbed he used the GI Bill to start the first Wendy's

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Dave Thomas was considered a valuable asset during Operation Paperclip. His "Volksrestaurant" concept would be adapted to form Wendy's here in the US.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I want to tell you my sad KFC story.

My hometown KFC was in an old building with decor out of the 70's. It was staffed by a bunch of old ladies. They were super cool. Stuff was always fresh. They'd always give you extra. If they had to take a few minutes to make your stuff, they'd always give you a free drink while you wait and a biscuit for your troubles. A few years ago, the guy who owned it tore the building down and built a new KFC like what you've seen over the past few years. I'm not sure if he fired them all or if they retired, but when the store re-opened the old ladies were gone and it was staffed by kids. The quality of the food went downhill and the customer service was pretty bad. A real shame.

Well that's my KFC story. Try the Nashville hot chicken strips. Good stuff.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Heather Papps posted:

orphan crew for lyfe

also it makes sense, think of the meat you could have had, if only every burg was squared

wtf squares don't work like that if anything we should be aiming to make all burgs perfectly spherical

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

wtf squares don't work like that if anything we should be aiming to make all burgs perfectly spherical

When you clench your jaw do your teeth meet in a perfect circle?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

that's a meatball my friend

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

lmao Sid already posted in the new forum while Burt is working on the CSS

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

I want to tell you my sad KFC story.

I'm gonna be honest you, Jose...that was an incredible story

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

VikingSkull posted:

that's a meatball my friend

thought you were cursing me out for a second

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Please don’t perma Australians on sight in fff until we inevitably say something incredibly racist against an Asian culture while praising their food

We're probably going to get banned for talking about HSPs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
are microwave dinners and the like fast food?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Video Nasty posted:

lmao Sid already posted in the new forum while Burt is working on the CSS

Sneaking in before opening hours, he is truly Sid Viscous

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rinkles posted:

are microwave dinners and the like fast food?

Do you make them at home?

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
can you blame him for being excited to post in it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Lolie posted:

We're probably going to get banned for talking about HSPs.

I’m going to try to make a conscious effort not to say the bad word we say in our other thread in fff bc things are tense around its genesis but we are gonna 100% need an Australian enclave thread bc otherwise we are just gonna poo poo up every thread talking about kebab shop food in general. Poms are welcome as well. Let’s just call it ‘middle eastern food for drunk Anglo dickheads’

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

wtf squares don't work like that

okay what

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The fff will be way to chill to allow the c word. Expand your vocabulary to include other insults like ... hall monitor

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Dorks With Sporks > Halal Snack Pack Thread [No Dingoes][Dingo Sauce = ban]

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Halal guys is actually my favorite fast food though for real.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

seriously add corners to a circle and it's a square now and you get more meat i don't what help mods

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

The fff will be way to chill to allow the c word.

*looks at this post*

*looks at my av*

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm sorry that this isn't fast food! But I made tom yum gha soup tonight and it came out loving awesome, I used a shitload of bird's eye chilis so it was spicy as gently caress and delicious!

I'm generally a lovely cook so I'm fairly proud of myself, and it only took like 20 minutes too :)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

The fff will be way to chill to allow the c word. Expand your vocabulary to include other insults like ... hall monitor

Cook??

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Burt Sexual posted:

Do you make them at home?

My curiosity was strictly academic

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I once went to a hot girl BK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'm sorry that this isn't fast food! But I made tom yum gha soup tonight and it came out loving awesome, I used a shitload of bird's eye chilis so it was spicy as gently caress and delicious!

I'm generally a lovely cook so I'm fairly proud of myself, and it only took like 20 minutes too :)

:gb2gws:

Kidding. Just checking to see if this was made yet.