Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The Jool hating in this thread is unacceptable, Jool owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The rest of the Moya crew agrees that Jool is a poor replacement for Zhaan and the sooner she shuts up the sooner metal stops melting.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I just powered through peacekeeper wars and ya thats a much better ending

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

blatman posted:

I just powered through peacekeeper wars and ya thats a much better ending

I did like "All this... is your playground" an awful lot

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Kesper North posted:

I did like "All this... is your playground" an awful lot

A thing I think about quite often is how do you grow up as their child. Like…dude stopped a galaxy wide war. The pressure! Also I think about how other baby in the statue just waiting and I hope the kids meet one day

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Trevor Hale posted:

A thing I think about quite often is how do you grow up as their child. Like…dude stopped a galaxy wide war. The pressure! Also I think about how other baby in the statue just waiting and I hope the kids meet one day

it's better than that: there were essentially 3 major factions in the galaxy - peacekeepers scarrans and then anyone willing to go along with crichtons plans

team crichton cruising around the galaxy in an unarmed space truck that would sometimes talk to the crew through a large lobster they kept in the warp core room, this is the team that took down every hostile faction they encountered so not only does this kid have to live up to that, he's also named after the 3 biggest badasses in the universe

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

blatman posted:

this is the team that took down every hostile faction they encountered

scorpius arguably achieved all of his goals and got everything he wanted just by saying "pretty please with a cherry on top"

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Trevor Hale posted:

Bottle episode where Scorpius has to play nanny for baby D'argo and the statue baby while the rest of the crew is off on an adventure.

Kesper North posted:

scorpius arguably achieved all of his goals and got everything he wanted just by saying "pretty please with a cherry on top"

True but also the neutral chip was a stroke of genius on Scorpius' part by creating a constant driving force to keep Critchton both alive and on track in chasing wormhole research.

Thematically it also is a great parallel to the Ancients shoving the knowledge in his head, cool way to show the tension of struggling with multiple identities/personalities/motivations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Mat Cauthon posted:

Bottle episode where Scorpius has to play nanny for baby D'argo and the statue baby while the rest of the crew is off on an adventure.

True but also the neutral chip was a stroke of genius on Scorpius' part by creating a constant driving force to keep Critchton both alive and on track in chasing wormhole research.

Thematically it also is a great parallel to the Ancients shoving the knowledge in his head, cool way to show the tension of struggling with multiple identities/personalities/motivations.

To this day I can't take dumpsters seriously

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now I want to rewatch the series. It looks like Tubi has it but it's got the longstanding issue of Season 1 episodes being ordered by air date rather than production date so it'll be a bit of a juggle.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

It's on Plex for free with commercials but also suffers from the same problem of some episodes being out of correct order.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
The Shout! Studios youtube channel is airing the entire series on loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

To this day I can't take dumpsters seriously

Can I get a HELL YEAH?