Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Who the hell recommends that ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

just watch it and if an ep seems like fuckin garbage 10min in, either leave it on as background noise while doing something else or skip to the next one. if it seems like a later ep refers to it in a way that makes you wish you watched it, give it a second chance. this isnt rocket surgery

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
i actually enjoyed farscape doing a guy ritchie caper (Scratch'N'Sniff), ama

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Imagine skipping Gilina. For loving shame.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The only Farscape episode I always skip is the one in season 2 where Chiana freaks out and moves in with a suicide cult who talk in gibberish

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

skasion posted:

The only Farscape episode I always skip is the one in season 2 where Chiana freaks out and moves in with a suicide cult who talk in gibberish

Taking the Stone, is it? It's the same for me. The beginning of S2 has some of the series' worst stinkers.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

skasion posted:

Is that the one where rygel is robbing a grave and sees a corpse worm of unknown origin and says "Bonus!" and eats it

alnilam fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 27, 2020

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

alnilam posted:

Is that the one where rygel is robbing a grave and sees a corpse worm of unknown origin and says "Bonus!" and eats it

Sure is!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

alnilam posted:

Never skip a Farscape episode, even the "bad ones" have great stuff like this.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Utgardaloki posted:

re-watching farscape and i don't know how people recommend skipping the first season.

alnilam posted:

Who the hell recommends that ??

Does not compute. I mean you could watch, say, Star Trek TNG in almost random order and it wouldn't be much worse for it save a few things here and there but Farscape has way more continuity.

Sounds like something that someone is trying to "hook you in" would say, but the end result would just be confusion and going "who what why?" then going back and watching S1 anyhow.

Squizzle posted:

just watch it and if an ep seems like fuckin garbage 10min in, either leave it on as background noise while doing something else or skip to the next one. if it seems like a later ep refers to it in a way that makes you wish you watched it, give it a second chance. this isnt rocket surgery

sage advice

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How’s the video quality on Prime?

My only memories is Crichton turning into a statue and him also shattering into a million pieces while on a boat.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOc1FeJENtA

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

TV Zombie posted:

How’s the video quality on Prime?

My only memories is Crichton turning into a statue and him also shattering into a million pieces while on a boat.

We just started rewatching this on prime, it's not great but what are you gonna do, iirc even the blu rays are upscaled from the 576p PAL masters

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

also I forgot how bad the incidental music is at first, lol

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

won't get fooled again is far less surreal, and more psychological horror than I remembered it being.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

something must be weird with the order on Prime, I seem to remember I, E.T. was much earlier but we got to PK Tech Girl last night and still haven't seen that one.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I ET was the second episode aired IIRC though plot-wise it really does seem early in the order for that. Maybe Amazon is going by a different schedule.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Season one is all over the place for what's the correct order. I'd remembered Throne For A Loss as being the second episode, which was apparently correct in the UK. Sounds like Prime is going by the order of the US airdates which had I, ET much later in the season.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Huh weird. I always saw I, ET as episode 2. I always found it a bit odd that John already seemed so comfortable in his new role as a space guy so soon after arriving very confused.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

So if I'm reading the wikipedia episode list right, the official season numbering goes:
Premiere; I, ET; Exodus from Genesis; Throne for a Loss; Back and Back and Back to the Future; Thank God It's Friday, Again; PK Tech Girl.

The original US airdate order was: Premiere; Back and Back...; Throne for a Loss; PK Tech Girl; Thank God It's Friday, Again; I, ET; Exodus from Genesis.
That's the only one that has I, ET after PK Tech Girl so sounds like what Prime is going by.

UK airdate order was: Premiere; Throne for a Loss, Back and Back...; I, ET; Exodus from Genesis; Thank God It's Friday, Again; PK Tech Girl

I just checked the order on my DVD boxset too, which surprised the hell out of me by using the UK airdate order. I'd expected any physical media copies to have used the production order.

I feel like either of the airdate lists would work better than the actual production order, but I can't remember if that then means there's then weirdness in characters zig-zagging between friendliness and hostility. In Farscape I feel like that's more a feature than a bug anyway. After the first seven episodes, the three lists all pretty much line up with a couple of oddities here and there.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

The episodes I pirated back in 2007 definitely had I ET second because I went out of my way to mess with the order when I binged on Amazon.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

We got to I, E.T. tonight and it definitely fits better as an earlier episode. Aeryn's hair is still tied back and from dialogue it seems like the prison break is still a pretty recent event.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The guy who played Grunchlk, and also Toecutter and Immortan Joe, died :rip: :pressf: :(

https://twitter.com/tedgeoghegan/status/1334200622279778306

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I love far scape

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

bitmap posted:

I love far scape

:same:

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

gently caress yeah now im watching it all again for the first time in like 17 years. I knew if I unbanned myself out of sheer boredom at the rest of the internet good things would happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I also enjoy the Fargate

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Rhyno posted:

I also enjoy the Fargate

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Because it GOES FAR.

GET IT?!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

what if lowtax was twinned and there is a second lowtax posting on an offsite still

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
far scape is the best science fiction television show of all time

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

its truly the furthest of scapes

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

alexandriao posted:

its truly the furthest of scapes

Mmm distant garlic scapes

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
D e f i c i e n t

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
D e n t i c

(do not eat the dentic)

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Kesper North posted:

D e n t i c

(do not eat the dentic)

Eat the dentic my rear end (do not eat the dentic Chricton)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

alnilam posted:

Eat the dentic my rear end (do not eat the dentic Chricton)

Oh god, that's what they use for toilet paper too, isn't it.

...Minty!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

far scape is the best science fiction television show of all time
excuse me i believe you misspelled Babylon 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

vortmax posted:

excuse me i believe you misspelled Babylon 5

Babylon 5 takes so long to take off that I clearly did not get there.