Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
So many great things about that sidequest. Like yeah, Tsubasa deciding to learn "devilish charm" by meowing at a stray cat for hours is funny enough, but consider this: it worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Edvarius posted:

So many great things about that sidequest. Like yeah, Tsubasa deciding to learn "devilish charm" by meowing at a stray cat for hours is funny enough, but consider this: it worked.

As a proud owner friend slave to two cats assholes from hell: of loving course it worked, a cat is the perfect sensei for that particular skillset.

Also :yay: Persona Emblem LP is back.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

whoa, why is
"Tsubasa's Kiss"
all over Topic...?

You know, I think Itsuki was right. The "puppy" label fits her a lot better than "devilish charm."

But hey, that's not why we're here today! Now that we've complete Tsubasa 2, Kiria 2, and Chapter 3 of the main plot, we're clear to head in to Chapter EX2. Take it away, Tiki.

quote:

Hey, big brother!
About that place you guys went to before, the one with the dreams coming true...
I think you should be able to go through the door at the far side of it now.

Before we head in, a good look at Itsuki's Persona 5 costume. Itsuki's face is a little rounder than Joker's, so it looks a little weird, but the actual outfit is spot on. It's a strong contender to follow up the DeSu2 one.

Let's get to it!

:siren: What About Love, Part 1 :siren:

I wonder what dreams will come true this time? I can't wait to find out.

Oh yeah, Kiria, we asked you this last time, but do you have dreams that you wish would come true?

Well... It's not exactly a dream, but there is something that's been on my mind lately.

I've been offered a commercial for "Amrita Shower Zero".

That's the commercial that Tsubasa did, right? Are you going to do the same one, Kiria?

The one Tsubasa did was for the regular "Amrita Shower". Amrita Shower Zero is going for a slightly older demographic.

A catch?

For the song used in the commercial, they've decided to have me cover Tsubasa's "Maybe Friends, Maybe Lovers". It's a love song, poppy and fresh - totally different from anything I've done before... I don't really know where to begin with it.

Tell me, Tsubasa. What were you thinking about when you sang it?

:allears:

"Its"?

I-it's nothing! Sorry, it's just too embarrasing. You're better off not knowing, really!

Hey, I get it. But there might be some hint in there to get me in the right headspace. Please, won't you share?

Ah, err... Mrghh... Wait, I've got it! Let's keep looking for the treasure box! I bet if we find it, whatever's inside will help make Kiria's wish a reality!

I suppose we'd better. Kiria?

Yeah, let's.

I choose to believe that Kiria knew exactly where that conversation was going and just wanted to get her to spit it out. Lord knows the poor girl needs all the help she can get with Itsuki.

Anyway, it's time for everyone's favorite dungeon design, the teleporter maze! As before, we'll go left to right, front to back.

The enemies are largely pulled from Daitou TV, so they're certainly a step up from the last area, but still not terribly threatening. Still, it's a good opportunity to get Mamori some Stage Rank before we move on and Touma's the runt of the party right now.

It takes me a while to decide on this one. Fang Breaker is really hard to get back, and both Rakunda and Dia serve a strategic purpose for Itsuki. Ultimately I drop Rakunda, because hitting armor and horses for effective damage is worth it...for now, anyway.

Tsubasa obtained the Falling Santa costume!
Kiria obtained the X-Nurse costume!
Ellie obtained the Perfect Maid costume!

Immediately around the first corner, we find the Tokyo Millennium Collection costumes from the original game, accessible in the same way. I think the only one we didn't see was Kiria's? But like, it's a sexy nurse costume. You can probably fill in the blanks yourself.

The bottom left corner takes us to one of the balconies in the center of the room, where we find Maiko's session skill. Like Tiki's skill, Maiko can trigger off any weapon-based attack, but it's also pretty weak. Probably even weaker than Tsubasa is, which is saying a lot.

Eventually I get bored and start shoving Skill Books into Touma to get him up to speed. It's good for giving him an upgrade to Assault Dive and Flame Strike, as well as Sneak Peek (which moves him up in the turn queue).

The top left corner has a solid chunk of cash, but otherwise the left side is mostly a bust. On to the right!

About halfway up, another teleporter takes us to another costume.

It's a Three Houses reference, and also probably Mamori's best looking costume. Get used to seeing it. :v:

And one last costume for the road.

I will grant that it is better than the other Etrian Odyssey costume. Not by much, though. (This one is Hero 2 from Etrian Odyssey Nexus)

Quick Step raises evade against all physical attacks. It's extremely handy, and I will happily trade two points of defense for it.

We do eventually stumble into the ending, but there's still a couple small things to check in the main area. Spoilers: None of them have anything.

:siren: What About Love, Part 2 :siren:

Ah! That's...

You recognize it, Tsubasa? It seems to mean something to you...

My big sister gave that hairpin to me. It was my treasure when I was little. Until... I lost it, that is.

A gift from Ayaha, huh?

That's right. It's why I wanted to find it so badly... But I couldn't, no matter how hard I looked. Then Itsuki got involved. He wouldn't rest until we finally found it.

So many memories, in a single hairpin...

I know... After what happened five years ago, everyone handled me with kid gloves... I was glad to have Itsuki in my corner. It's a small thing for sure, but not one I'm likely to ever forget.

Wait... Itsuki, don't tell me you'd forgotten?

S-sorry...

Huh!? So you actually did forget? So I'm the only one who made a thing? Ah geez...

Heh, it's kinda like the song, isn't it? "The sighs I breathe, the fretful thoughts, the things I do, all because of you..."

...!

Sorry? Did you say something, Kiria?

Thanks, you two. I feel like I've got an idea now. Enough to face the recording session, at any rate.

:siren: :siren: :siren: Maybe Friends, Maybe Lovers ~ Kiria Kurono :siren: :siren: :siren:

I like this one better than Tsubasa's cover of Reincarnation, although still not as much as the original. This one feels a lot more like a different take on the same song, rather than Tsubasa trying to recreate the original, but maybe I'm just talking out of my rear end here.

And it's fresh, too. A completely different feling from your usual image. I'd say it's another impressive feather in your cap!

I agree one hundred percent. She's so awesomely, awesomely...awesome! It's so awesome it makes me cry ugly tears!

My ears are so happy right now... I must've listened to the song at least a hundred times today!

Thanks, you two.

It was really wonderfully charming. You sounded just like a girl in love.

In love, huh... That was definitely the concept, but to hear you say it plainly like that makes it hard to come up with a response...

Agh, no, that's not... I guess I just said the first thing that came to mind. Sorry for making things awkward.

Nah, don't worry about it, I know what you meant. Thanks, Itsuki.

So what gave you the conviction to sing, in the end? You were so worried before.

It was something I realized after talking to you and Tsubasa. Her song was just her putting her feelings out there, simple as that.

hint hint Itsuki

Her...feelings?

Yeah. It wasn't about the singing technique or the self-image at all... She was just singing it to voice her feelings toward someone important to her. I'd gotten too hung up on the different image, and lost sight of what really mattered.

That sort of makes sense...

Itsuki. Itsuki, the song is literally called "Maybe Friends, Maybe Lovers." Itsuki, please. :negative:

...Heh.

Hmm?

Oh, don't mind me. I just thought it was a very... "Itsuki" reaction.

That's the mark of a true performer - it didn't sound like she was trying to imitate you at all!

That's really not easy to do, huh. All right! I'll have to go listen to the track on repeat again, and learn from the best!

Haha, that's the spirit. The road to pop-idol stardom is long, but with enough effort, glory can be yours!

Next to Kiria, I'm like a little singer baby. But I won't rest until the road takes me right where I want to be!

What about love, indeed. Next time, it's the final sidequest cleanup for Chapter 3!

...Until it isn't, anyway. See you then!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I am being killed by how thick Itsuki is. This dumb dumb idiot boy!

This is great.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
You know that one image of Syndrome from the Incredibles? Yeah, that one.

Seriously... Itsuki, you dense motherfucker. :cripes:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I actually don't mind that Elenora costume. She's wearing pants for starters.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yapping Eevee posted:

You know that one image of Syndrome from the Incredibles? Yeah, that one.

Seriously... Itsuki, you dense motherfucker. :cripes:
Agreed. Itsuki is riding the "Shonen Protagonist Levels of Dumb" train like it's an Olympic sport. And as if some higher power smelled an opportunity, Chris Patton (who voiced the extraordinarily dense Sosuke Sagara of Full Metal Panic! fame) was cast as Itsuki for Fire Emblem Heroes.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

AradoBalanga posted:

Agreed. Itsuki is riding the "Shonen Protagonist Levels of Dumb" train like it's an Olympic sport. And as if some higher power smelled an opportunity, Chris Patton (who voiced the extraordinarily dense Sosuke Sagara of Full Metal Panic! fame) was cast as Itsuki for Fire Emblem Heroes.

The difference being that while there were many logical reasons Sousuke was socially thick, Itsuki appears to be an anime-type brick wall for the sole purpose of stymieing Tsubasa's romantic pursuits. Trap sprung, of course.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I am told that this game eventually calls Itsuki out on his cowardice. I will believe it when I see it.

Also, update's gonna be slightly later, probably Wed? I'm gonna be going on vacation later this week so I want to make sure I have something to post while I'm on the other side of the country. :v:

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Take your time. Enjoy your vacation!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Today's update is a quick one, as we go clean up the leftover sidequests from Chapter 3. First up, we have the guy who got stood up for his movie date. As far as I can tell, there isn't any indication of what you're actually supposed to do with this, but if we head over to Harajuku, there's a new NPC standing around. Talking to her gets you...

Hm... Isn't today supposed to be our date at Daitama Observatory?

Anyway, this kicks off a series of back and forths where you go back to tell him where she is, then it turns out she's moved on to the next place, etc. It's not very interesting, and I'm going to skip the majority of it. But since we're here in Harajuku, let's pick up a few more quests.

But hey, wanna help me out again? I want to practice my gift some more!

Hm... haw... Uh-huh!? I SEE IT!

"Devote yourself to your studies, and you shall be repaid. Work shall breeze on by, yet the person you await shall not come." ...Or I guess if you want the quick version, fate awaits in front of the Green Park on the second floor of the 106!

This is as easy as ever, and we've got business in the 106 later anyway. Might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Hm... Our customers must be really tired these days. They keep requesting food that "gives them energy!" And as it's my duty to grant the wishes of my customers, I've crafted a brand-new crepe! ...But I don't have the ingredients I need to test it out. Maybe you could help me? If you have time, that is..

A crepe that gives you energy, huh? Well, Itsuki always has time for food, so lay it on us.

Really? Oh, thank you so much! I need two Energy Drinks and Fresh Spicy Curries.

:eyepop: That is...certainly a shopping list. As it turns out, I need to restock on curry anyway, so this is as good of an excuse as any.

And hell, while we're here let's grab a bunch of these. They're dirt cheap and equivalent to Beads.

The Green Park is the area of the 106 right near where we found Hatanaka. The shiny is another Treasure Key, so we'll just have to check in the next time we go back to Harajuku.

But first, a food crime.

Replace the milk with a stamina drink... Hm, the crepe isn't quite mixing... Whoa boy, this curry's spicy. Maybe I'll add some chocolate syrup...

New item at Crepe Dia: "Biovitahydroxy Crepe"

I...think we're gonna pass on that. (I promise that at some point I will go around and try all the food for a bonus update)

Does he... not love me anymore!?

Anyway, eventually our wayward date remembers they were supposed to meet at the 106. We run back one more time to fetch Hayato and close this whole thing out.

Well, that's not good.

Huh!? Hayato's outside...? Hmph! I-I don't care anymore. I'm going home!

On one hand, she's just inside the idolasphere so that was easy. On the other, I think the date might be ruined.

Oh, Hayato! I was so lonely!

Don't you cry, Momoko... Let's go watch that movie now, all right?

Nah, this is TMS. Everybody gets a happy ending. :buddy:

Okay, maybe not this guy. Our comedian duo is missing their performa, and we've got a prime candidate right here.

We are definitely underlevelled for this, but the actual setup isn't too bad. One Blackscale Rider and a pair of peg knights isn't much to write home about, especially now that we have Mamori to go along with Ellie.

That doesn't mean you can't get in trouble, of course. Ellie got hosed on account of being weak to lances when she normally wouldn't be, but even without that she was still going to be eating about 400 damage from an attack. Not every one of these fights are Rocket Tag, but the general fragility of certain enemies certainly lend themselves to those tactics and peg knights are definitely one of them.

And then I went and killed them before I had a chance to revive Ellie. :saddowns: Oh well, she's still doing better than Touma and Tsubasa anyway.

motherfucker are you kidding me

...Well fine then. Let's go check in with Ayaha and finish off our list before we tackle whatever this is.

Rrraaaahhh! That's cat! You're speaking cat! And what's with all the swear words!? There are kids here!

Speaking of kids, do you know that children's story "Urashima Taro"? The one about the guy who carried an axe and had a dog...

No! No! No! You're mixing up a bunch of fairy tales! Come of think of it though, I'd love to hear that story!

Yeah, I think he's gonna be alright. Back to the office!

Thanks to all your hard work, I was able to just sit here and sip my tea. Which is also hard work, now that I think about it.

...Uh, that was a joke. You're supposed to say something back to me.

...All right then. Thank you for your hard work. I'll let you know if I hear any other rumors.

I do like that Aya at least tries to do the thing that's portrayed in each quest, even if her performance is...lacking, shall we say.

Anyway, it turns out our departure to Chapter 4 has been delayed a bit, we have one more stop to make for Mamori. Next time, we get our rear end kicked! See you then!

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
Your LP of the original game inspired me to track down a Wii U and pick up this plus some other games. And I bought Encore day one because of how fun everything is. And now, some of my friends are playing it as well! So thanks for showing me this wonderful game!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So last time Mamori unlocked her first sidequest on the literal last fight before we would have gone on to Chapter 4. We'll take a moment to let her think about what she's done, and then I guess go see what she wants.

quote:

Itsuki! Um... Maiko and Uncle have started to fight because of me...
I'm in Daitama right now. Please help!

Barry would insert himself into this, somehow. Well, I suppose let's see what we can find out.

:siren: Steel Heart, Part 1 :siren:

You mentioned something about Barry and Ms. Maiko having an argument...

Well, about that...

Good lord, Itsuki, do you have even an ounce of tact in you? He pulled this poo poo with Ellie too.

quote:

I'm sorry, Itsuki! Can you go to Daitama right now!? I accidentally left Mamori there.
I'm already here, what in the world happened?
Barry suddeny began voicing his opinion against Mamori's work on "Microwavin' with Mamorin."
Well, if you're with Mamori, great timing. Can you help her out a bit?
What?
I need to go after Barry! I feel bad dragging you into this, but I'm counting on you!

I see now... She said Barry started objecting to you doing "Microwavin' with Mamorin." But he loved the show so much... Why the sudden change in heart?

That's... um... because I briefly mentioned that I want to do some singing gigs...

And that comment got him fired up. So what do you want to do, Mamori?

I... Well... um... it is true that I want to sing... but that doesn't mean I want to stop being Mamorin. I'm where I am today thanks to that role.

At first... I only played that part because the other adults told me to... But as I kept at it... my fans, the staff... and, most of all, Uncle Barry praised me for my work... That's why I started to feel that being Mamorin is quite nice too.

Then, does that mean this is just Barry jumping to conclusions?

N-No, that's not it! He did it because he was trying to protect me. Uncle Barry always thinks of me first... I never have confidence in myself, and I can't speak my mind... That's why Uncle did it for me...

I understand...

I'm always being protected by him... And that's why... Itsuki! I want to become stronger! I don't want to always be protected by someone... I want the strength - the confidence - to say what's on my mind!

Confidence, huh... How would we do that...?

I have an idea.

Mr. Draug!?

Mamori, please come to the Bloom Palace. We shall speak more there. I may ask for your aid as well, Sir Itsuki.

Got it. I'll help however I can.

All right then, off to the Bloom Palace.

So in short, Barry's gonna Barry and we need to nurture some confidence so Mamori can handle her own matters. I'm sure we can solve this with a few quick conversations and maybe watching an animal for an hour or so.

quote:

I spoke with Mr. Draug, Itsuki.
A powerful mirage supposedly appears in Illusory Diatou TV Station.
Mr. Draug says that he respects this person and he may be able to give me some advice.
However, that mirage has been cursed...
So you want to help him regain his senses.
Can you please come with me?
All right.
Thank you so much!

Oh, you want me to fight a thing. Well, how bad could it be?

Well that's...technically right where we are, right? Surely this will be fine.

It will not be fine

Anyway, Mamori thankfully saved us from having to go talk to Draug ourselves, so let's just meet her there.

Indeed. He is a powerful general whom I highly respect... His name is Sir Lorenz.

When we were investigating this area the other day, I sensed his presence here. A general of his stature may be able to give Mamori effective advice of some kind.

You remember him...?

Indeed... though my recollection is rather faint. It seems the greater an impression someone leaves on one's memory, the slower it is to fade...

I see.

However, Sir Lorenz has been cursed... and has fallen into enemy hands.

In other words, we need to go rescue him.

Itsuki...

You can do this, Mamori. Don't worry, we're here with you.

Okay!

quote:

Lorenz Hellman Gloucester is a character from the Golden Deer house in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. He's ostensibly a cavalier with a decent magic growth, so he slots nicely into Dark Knight, but his personality is about as sterotypical noble as you can get, with a side helping of sex pest to boot. Still, he's got good inten-

Wait, hang on. I'm being told this game came out before Three Houses? That can't be right. *shuffles papers*

*ahem*

Lorenz is a character from Shadow Dragon that I literally had to go look up. He's a general of Grust who opposed the invasion of Archanea (Marth's country), but falls in line when the chips are down and the actual war begins. He can be recruited in the late-game of Shadow Dragon by either Marth or Caeda, but ultimately gets killed as an early boss of Mystery of the Emblem.

Nothing is new here in DTV, so let's just skip straight to the miniboss room. You're definitely going to want to save before this one.

:siren: Steel Heart, Part 2 :siren:

Sir Lorenz, I implore you! Please come to your senses!

You were once a great man who thought of naught but his country and its people! What has become of you...!?

Country? And people? Hmph. What inane things. I wonder why my past self ever troubled with such matters.

Now, I feel only joy - the joy of wielding my unshackled might to my heart's content! I shall take your Performa! And with that power, I shall destroy everything: this world's country, and its people!

Nnnh...

You can do this! You just have to be confident in yourself. You'll be fine. We're here with you!

Itsuki... You're right! Let's do this!

:siren: Boss Fight: Lorenz :siren:

All...meaningless...

So Lorenz on the surface is a pretty simple fight. He's a general, and a fairly high level one at that, but otherwise he comes with a paladin and a peg knight, neither of which are particularly dangerous on their own.

That's not to say they aren't an annoyance - the peg knight will cast Sukukaja until you put her down, and the paladin will spam Horseslayer in case you thought you were being clever by bringing Touma. And of course, they can session off of each other, and no one wants that.

Lorenz himself is the big problem. He only has one trick up his sleeve, but it's a hell of a trick - he'll start by casting Rakunda if you aren't already debuffed, and follow it up with Megaton Tackle. This is notable because...

...Megaton Tackle is classified as an SP attack. It will cause an enemy session regardless of whether or not he hits a weakness, and despite resisting both of the follow up attacks, Mamori barely survived a round with less than 50 health.

If you ARE already debuffed, Lorenz will instead cast Charge. For the unfamiliar, this is a 2.5x multiplier to your next physical attacks. I'm sure you can see where this is going.

Did I mention that Megaton Tackle is his *only* attack? Sometimes he just decides that someone's day is gonna get hosed up, so they get tackled twice in one turn.

Once he's by himself, the fight is fairly manageable. It largely comes down to keeping your health up and tossing out Rakukaja/Tarunda as often as possible, or failing that you can shove as many Fresh Spicy Curries as necessary down Itsuki's throat. I would be lying if I said I didn't opt for the latter.

Eventually, even his massive pile of health runs out. Sayonara, rear end in a top hat.

Lots of new and important goodies from this, so we'll run down these in a bit more detail than usual.

First, and perhaps most importantly, we finally have access to Open Audition. If you thought sessions were silly before, well, time to take it up a notch. Anyone with the skill (and everyone gets it) will automatically jump into a session after your main three party members attack, provided they have a jump-on point in the combo. It is absolutely ridiculous, and the only thing keeping it in check is that everyone can only attack once in a session.

Mamori managed to get an entire Stage Rank out of this single fight, which I guess is impressive in its own right. HP Fitness is nothing new, though.

Following that, a round of skills for everyone. Itsuki passes on Tarukaja but trades out Dia for Heat Wave, an AoE Sword technique. Ellie picks up Venom Shot, Kiria passes on Tarunda, and Mamori picks up Elec-Glacier and an upgrade on Wind-Split. She's all ready to go for Chapter 4! ...You know, if she didn't just max out her only weapon. :doh:

:siren: Steel Heart, Part 3 :siren:

Graaaaaah!

Sir Lorenz! Thank goodness... Are you well?

So this child broke my curse... I apologize for causing trouble for you all, as well.

Um, Lorenz... sir. We would appreciate it if you could give this girl some advice. She's troubled because she isn't confident in herself. We thought you may be of help since you're a general.

Young lady... what is your name?

H-Hello, sir! My name is Mamori Minamoto!

Mamori... You emerged victorious over me, one by far your better in strength. Your small frame overflows with more than enough courage. You need no advice from an old fool such as I...

But if I were to give some parting knowledge, it seems you are overly sensitive to what others may think.

Huh?

Do as you will - as your heart commands. That is the privilege of the young, after all.

...I understand! Thank you for your words, Sir Lorenz!

You did it, Mamori.

I didn't know I could do this too! I feel like I've figured it out!

Mamori Minamoto's soul as an entertainer has achieved a new awakening... Mamori's inspiration has taken form as a new performa: Honest Opinion

I couldn't have done it without you! Thank you so much!

I will remain in this land for a while longer and watch over you all... Farewell... little warrior.

Itsuki... I'm going to go speak with Uncle... with my own words.

Yeah. I'm sure you'll be able to tell Barry how you feel now.

Door of Courage unlocks the SP Skill Microwavin' Heart, which is a full party heal that doesn't take your turn. It's a very expensive, specific use-case Mediaharan. :v:

:siren: Steel Heart, Part 4 :siren:

Uh-huh! Uncle was happy that I was able to tell him what I thought with my own words too.

I heard he was so delighted that it moved him to tears. Then again, his affection for you runs quite deep.

Ahaha... Still, I was able to do all this thanks to you and Itsuki! I finally have confidence in myself!

That strength was already there, Mamori, hidden within. I am certain that you shall be able to perform as Mamorin far better now.

Uh-huh! Thanks again, Mr. Draug!

The show is cute, if nothing else.

And all that time, I was just holdin' her back from her potential...

Barry...

I'm leavin' the rest up to you.

U-Uh...

You promised that we'd leave together! I don't want to leave without you!

It's okay, Barry.

Uh-huh! I don't really know what you're talking about, but I think it's okay too!

Mamori truly is an angel... If an angel exists, that means God exists as well. Yep. Got your proof right here.

What?

I'll be waiting outside.

A given, when it comes to Barry, but I guess that was technically subdued for him? I'll allow it.

Well, welcome back. How'd it go?

Great! I feel like that was my best take ever... or so I hope.

I see...

It's thanks to you lending me your strength, Itsuki... That's why I was able to believe in myself. Still... doesn't that mean I had to rely on you for it...?

It's not a bad thing. Relying on and being relied on, protecting and being protected - that's what friends are for.

Itsuki...

Also, it's a fact that you returned Sir Lorenz to his senses. You should be more confident in yourself.

You're right! I'll keep doing my best! I still have much to learn, but I hope you'll continue to watch over me!

Well then, shall we get going? Barry's waiting, after all.

Uh-huh!

:unsmith: I'm not a huge fan of Mamori as a combat unit, personally, but I can't deny that she's incredibly cute. Maybe not quite as much as Barry, though.

Anyway, these intermissions are getting pretty long, so let's get out of here while we can.

Okay! Very nice, Mamori! You're as cute as ever! Your next concert should be perfect with this! Oh, you're such an angel! The audience is gonna take one look at you and they'll all EXPLODE from the cute!

That sounds kind of awful.

Next! Itsuki, you're up!

Use your abdominals more! Put some power in that stomach!

Ahhhhhhh!

No! Abdominal breathing! You gotta remember abdominal breathing! I thought I trained you better than this! You'll never be one of Mamori's backup singers with this crap! We're starting over on your stamina! Gimme a hundred squats and sit-ups...each!

Uncle Barry... don't you think you're being a little hard on Itsuki?

Not at all! Backup singer or not, it's still a professional job! He's gotta take it seriously!

Thanks, Mamori, but I'll be fine.

Hmph, now that's more like it! Now you got the fire in your eyes! All right, back to the lesson! Give me three hundred squats and sit-ups!

You're making him do more!?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Lorenz is, for my money, the relative hardest fight in the game, probably. I did it at this point on my playthrough as well, and I got bodied so many times. It feels very overtuned for this point, like it probably should unlock later. Maybe skills change for Hard, but his buddies really loved casting Sukunda and Rakukaja along with Sukukaja and Horseslayer. That he never seems to summon in new adds after they're dropped is a big godsend that made the fight doable at least. Well, I sure hope he doesn't, since the fight took me like 20 rounds and he never did.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I can't remember when I did this on my first run, but on my recent run through the switch version I forgot what this fight was like and, folks, let me tell you, if you thought Megaton Tackle was a killer before, try going into this without any axe sessions skills, a mamori with only a couple levels under her belt and only half her weapon maxed out.

I just skipped it until Chapter 4 was done and went back with a vengeance.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

And only now did I realize Kiria is a walking panty shot.

hitch up your pants

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So THATS why he always got a session off with his attacks! I knew there was some BS going on but didn't realize that's what the case was. I like how the further along you go into the game and into the character stories these boss fights become more and more like a puzzle to solve. Although in this fights case i kinda had to use one of kirias sp skills to cheese it since charm is a good ailment :v:

Glad to see this LP back in action!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Before we formally move on to Chapter 4, it should be noted that Itsuki gets his rank ups in between chapters automatically. Last time he got an SP skill, this time he gets the ad lib Back Chorus, which inflicts Seal when he uses an electric attack.

:siren: What's the punchline? :siren:

I'm... pretty sure you know more about it than I do, Tsubasa...

But I want to hear about it from you!

Tsubasa... I think you need to calm down.

But-

Geez, Tsubasa... you know you can't just be a fangirl anymore.

Aya doesn't have a ton of relevance to the game after her big scenes in Chapter 1, but when she does come up, she makes those scenes count. :allears:

Well... ngh.

Tsubasa. You're not a true idol until you can learn to balance your job and your schoolwork.

...Mrrgh... It's not like you were some big math genius, Aya...

Make sure you study hard next time. Understand?

Hey, I do study! A-And besides, when am I gonna need to use calculus in real life?

Big news?

Tsubasa, you've been chosen to play the lead... in Daiba TV's new show "Sneeze Detective Maho"!

Whaaaaaaaat!?

It looks as though that new president of Daiba TV's taken quite a liking to you, Tsubasa.

This... has to be a joke, right...? Ha ha... Funny... S-So... what's the punch line...?

But Tsubasa just started as an idol... Wow. That's quite a part.

What a surprise, right? I'm so glad I had her start taking those acting lessons.

Maybe that modeling work helped.

You might be right. Those pictures in that magazine all looked fantastic. Maybe you bewitched him with your charm!

Oh... I-I get it now! This is just a big prank! Haha, you guys... I-Itsuki, where's the hidden camera?

Sorry, but it's no trick. They've actually been looking for auditions for a while now.

This is your chance to get into the big leagues, Tsubasa!

Kuen Tarachino... I think I've seen one of his shows before... S-So I'm really playing the main character? Th-This... really isn't some kind of mistake?

No mistake, Tsubasa. You've got the lead role. Here, I even picked up a script for your part.

You'll be playing Maho, an incredibly skilled detective that can solve any crime. But she has a secret... Whenever she sneezes, she switches from a spacey young lady to a badass tomboy! That's the hook, anyway...

Make sure you read through the script. Tarachino told me he wouldn't show any mercy just 'cause you're a "newbie."

Ohhh...

Ellie's been cast for a part, too. She's got a pretty interesting role...

Oh, phew. At least Ellie's going to be there too...

Oh, and it looks like Yashiro has a cameo for the first part of the show! You just might learn a thing or two.

Yashiro Tsurugi...

Tsubasa. Make sure you do your best, all right?

I'll be cheering you on too.

Huh?

Oh, you'll just be playing an extra. Nothing in the script. They needed a few more, so I signed you up.

They'll have a rehearsal first, so I want you two to go to Daiba Studio over in Odaiba when it's your call time.

But I can't act.

Oh, you're just an extra. You'll be fine! Good luck.

Maiko has a such a convincing vote of confidence. Anyway, now it's time for Tsubasa to try and be an actress, and she somehow sounds even less excited about it than during the photo shoot. I'm sure that this, combined with an apparently perfectionist director, will go absolutely swimmingly.

We can advance the plot at any time by heading to Daiba TV, but before we do, we can talk to Maiko about something Hatanaka mentioned back at the end of Chapter 3. Aside from the obvious problem that he's investigating the mirage incidents himself, he dropped a juicy little tidbit about this mysterious new president of Daiba TV we should probably follow up on.

:siren: What WILL I wear? :siren:

Of course. What can I help you with? *Gasp* Don't tell me... Are you asking me on a date? What WILL I wear?

Er, no...

Kiria?

Kiria and Itsuki are competing for my attention... I've finally reached the time in my life when everyone recognizes my true charms!

...Oh, stop looking at me like that. I'm just kidding. You know that.

Can we focus for a second? This is serious.

All right, all right. So, who wants to go first?

Go ahead, Itsuki. I'm guessing we came to talk about the same thing anyway.

We saw him at Daitou TV after the last incident, looking around for clues.

I see... That could be a problem.

Ms. Maiko...?

*Sigh* Well, this is going to be a pain. We can't exactly keep him quiet, given how big he is in the industry.

It's very dangerous for someone who's not a Mirage Master to get involved in this mess. If you find anyone else trying to investigate this, I want you guys to make sure you try to warn them off.

Understood.

Good. I'm counting on you guys.

Yeah. Even in the industry, he's not very well-known. He WAS the one who pushed to cast Tsubasa... but, well...

He was too forceful about it.

It IS rare for a newly appointed president to jump in on a show that had already done most of its casting.

Maybe he's just a huge fan of Tsubasa?

Well, if that really is the case, then I suppose it's just more good news for her.

Considering all the Mirages though, I don't think we can afford to be too optimistic about it.

Well, I want you to keep an eye on Tsubasa, just in case.

Got it.

As for Daiba TV, I'll keep investigating.

I like Maiko's continual assurance that we can just "warn off" any interested parties regarding the mirage attacks. Like yeah, the high school kid and goth girl are really gonna give you the business if you don't butt out, you catch my drift?

Anyway, sure enough we have a new destination on the map. Let's check out the set.

...It's not much of one, if we're being honest.

You can talk to most of the extras and they've got some cute lines. Most of them are pretty self-aware about the situation, although a couple of them are mad about being shown up by Tsubasa and/or Yashiro. And hey, speaking of, there's our boy in the front. Let's see how he's doing.

:siren: So you're playing...the villain :siren:

I'm here as an extra.

Is that so?

What part are you playing, Yashiro? I don't have a script, so...

...Use this.

Oh - you sure?

I already know my lines.

...All of them? You mean you've memorized the whole script?

It's for the sake of getting into character. This isn't anything special. You may be just an extra, but you're still an actor. You should at least check the scene you're going to be in.

G-Got it.

So you're playing... the villain. Looks like you have a lot of scenes with Tsubasa.

It's plain to see.

Well... yeah, she is. Tsubasa just started acting lessons recently... Apparently the president of Daiba TV pushed for her casting.

Why would he want a novice like her in the lead role...? There must be some ulterior motive at play.

An ulterior motive... Do you think there's some kind of hidden meaning behind this casting then...?

You're... quite bizarre.

Huh?

You're genuinely asking me my opinion? We've stood on opposite sides - you fought me as an enemy.

I believe I'm the one asking you a question.

If you actually are against us, you could've just destroyed us and taken Tiki by force if you wanted to. But you didn't. So... I don't think you're our enemy, no.

I'd hardly call that stable grounds for a conclusion.

Is all this... about your father? If you're investigating what happened five years ago, maybe we could-

...You really are bizarre.

Huh?

...Just stay out of my way.

Bless Itsuki for attempting to bring around even the sadsack boy who tried to kill us last chapter. He's not...wrong, I suppose, but you're gonna need a more powerful friendship speech than that to bring around the edgelord.

Anyway, our ultimate goal is to check in with Ellie and Tsubasa. I'm sure this is going great if Yashiro's conversation is anything to go by.

:siren: Cut, cut, cut. That was CRAP! :siren:

Huh!? No, I-I don't think I'm nervous. My head's all, you know, fluttery for some reason...

*Sigh* Yeah, that's stage fright. And a pretty bad case, too...

Listen. You're the lead, Tsubasa. You just gotta dive in headfirst and give that director everything you got! That's the Hollywood spirit!

Um, uh... but...

And there's the man of the hour. I'll give them this, this guy looks like an rear end in a top hat auteur who is going to shoot a scene as many times as he has to. (You should probably watch this next bit in motion)

Will... I be able to catch such a cunning criminal...?

Achoo!

Heh... Awright, this is starting to get interesting... There isn't a criminal alive I can't catch. Just you wait, Hip Hunter. Time to knock some sense into you!

I-I'm sorry...!

:allears: (It resets to another take at this point)

But that must mean... this was all part of the plan set by the serial murderer known as the Hip Hunter... Will... I be able to catch such a cunning criminal...?

Come on! She's gotta be serious! Maho's scared of a murderer on the loose, not wonderin' about her drat grocery list!

G-Got it...!

(And again)

But that must mean... this was all part of the plan set by the serial murderer known as the Hip Hunter...

Cut, cut, cut! That was CRAP! How d'you expect the audience to get that this guy's a dangerous criminal?

I-It's finally over...

I said it in auditions, and I'll say it again. I want over a 50% viewer rating for this show! At LEAST! I don't want any crap reviews like "just the same-old Tarachino," so keep up if you don't wanna get cut!

And that means... Oribe, front and center!

Wh-What!? I thought you said we were done for today...

The hell I'm done with you! You're stayin' here until you understand the mind - the very SOUL - of Maho! Better prepare yourself, Oribe!

Oh man... looks like she got dragged into the director's cave. Guess he's busting out the brutal stuff...

He's completely locked on to her. He's got no mercy for bad acting...

It's only a matter of time before the role gets recast.

This is something Tsubasa's going to have to overcome on her own. Tarachino's training is tough. People get nightmares about it afterward... but if you endure it, you learn a ton.

It sounds like you know a lot about this...

Oh, I've worked with Tarachino before.

Oh, of course. So what kind of person is he?

Mm... I guess you could say he's just super passionate. But that's exactly why he has such high standards. His perfectionism hasn't exactly won him a lot of friends... but there's no denying that all his work is amazing.

Huh...

Ah, geez, I didn't come to gossip about the director! I have to get some practice done, so you better come too.

Sure. But won't I just slow you down? I'm kind of a beginner at this.

:thurman:

You don't need to be so blunt about it.

If I'm in the mood, I'll give you some Hollywood acting instructions. Even an extra should know the basics of acting, so I'll help you out - if I feel like it, anyway.

I'll be at the lesson studio. You better not keep me waiting.

Well, after getting viciously dunked on like that, how could we refuse? There's not much we can do for Tsubasa right now, so next time we're going to check in at Ellie's acting school. See you then!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If it isn't obvious, Kuen Tarachino is a reference to famed film director Quentin Tarantino.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

God when I played this I loved the bad acting so much. You really need to watch the video, Tsubasa’s voice actress nails being stiff as hell. In a good way.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Tsubasa's acting is horrible in the most relatable and understandable ways. Like, she just started lessons a month ago and now she's supposed to take on this major role in a primetime show with a big-name director.

You really have to watch the video.

Also, Eleanor casually dunking hard on Itsuki was amazing :allears:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Shei-kun posted:

Also, Eleanor casually dunking hard on Itsuki was amazing :allears:

To be fair to Itsuki for even a moment, it'd be completely understandable for him to not know how to act on stage. Being able to take direction is a skill you have to build up, like it or not. It goes beyond knowing how to play a role, no matter how good you are at it. And some people are way worse at the task than others, to a frankly astounding degree. And it's not just stage work that taking direction applies to; basically every acting job from VA work to the musical arts requires this skill that no one really has from the beginning.

Materant fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 17, 2020

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Pouring one out for this scene that absolutely did not deserve to be cut from the next update:

I think I'll head home for today.

Huh!?

I just play an extra, so if you need to practice, it'd be better if the two of you do it together.

H-Hold it right there! Who said you can just leave like that!? We're still in the middle of practice!

Yeah, Itsuki. You can help me practice too.

Oh my god! I can't believe I'm seeing this! Is this what it means to be young!? Or is it just going to become a bloodbath!?

...Bloodbath? Why?

Not to mention you've got the perfect setup! A childhood friend and a tsundere!? Itsuki, I kinda wish you'd just explode this instant!

What are you even talking about!? And who are you calling a tsundere!?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I like how Itsuki is a generic protagonist with no particular talent so his Ad Lib skill is just shouting into a microphone.

Item Getter fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 19, 2020

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

quote:

Hey, Barry? I want to use the lesson studio a bit! Is that okay?
If I remember correctly, there weren't any bookings, right? I'm planning on meeting up with Itsuki over there, just FYI!

So last time Tsubasa was dragged off into directorial hell and Ellie told us to come help her practice her lines. It was a great time for everyone.

The ADs and other support folks pretty much have the same reaction. Probably not a great time on this set, tbh.

There isn't really much to do at this point, so let's just head straight over to Barry's.

:siren: I'm a star actress! :siren:

I know. You mustn't worry - the surest way to catch a criminal is in greater numbers, so... Achoo!

*Gasp* Maho, did... did you just sneeze?

drat right I did! So what? I'll catch that lowlife scumbag, no matter what it takes! Come on, let's go!

Itsuki is admittedly just reading the lines off the script, but he somehow manages to be even more deadpan and stiff than Tsubasa. It is...something to behold, that's for sure.

Also, she's supposed to be saying that midway through running off. Keep that in mind when you deliver the line.

Wow, Ellie...

Huh? Wow? Wow what?

You even remember Maho's lines.

Oh, that? I mean, I have a lot of scenes with Maho, so it's only natural I'd remember those lines too.

That wouldn't come naturally to me at all. It's really impressive.

Th-This is nothing compared to Hollywood. And besides, I'm a star actress in the making!

Yeah... It did seem like there were a lot of retakes during scenes after she sneezes.

It almost feels like Tsubasa's holding back... or maybe she's just not sure how to get into character.

You've been watching Tsubasa's acting pretty carefully, haven't you?

Watching other people act is a good way for you to learn more techniques.

For once, Ellie actually has some good advice regarding acting. Maybe this whole "Hollywood Star" thing isn't such a pipe dream.

quote:

Itsuki! help! there's an emergency at Daiba Studio!!
Got it. Ellie and I'll head over right now.
wait, what? Ellie?
...um, you're with her right now...?
Yeah, I was practicing some acting with her.
...ohhh, ok
Is something wrong?
no, it's nothing!
anyway, you two should hurry over! I'll be waiting for you guys!

Itsuki, my idiot child. How do you continue to do this? You're a natural in the worst way.

Oh, and I guess Chapter 4 is starting in earnest now? Yeah, that sounds about right.

So they were hiding in plain sight while we were right there... They've got some guts.

Let's hurry and head over!

I mean I guess we could go get a nice latte or something first, but let's not prey on Tsubasa's worst fears like that.

:siren: UnbeFRIGGINlievable! :siren:

D-Director Tarachino!?

Looks like the director's the one making everybody collapse...

W-We have to stop him quickly! Itsuki, what do we do!?

If this is the same as before, we need to separate the Mirage connected to the director first and then defeat it...

UnbeFRIGGINlievable... All the new talent nowadays is absolute trash... I can't find a single actor that can express my true vision! What... The... HELL!?

Okay, Take 158! We're not stoppin' until I've got what I need!

Look! What I want to see is some acting that's gonna mesmerize the audience in an instant! I want an actor who's got the chops to do that!

Pack it up! We're moving studios!

Ah!

We have to go after him!

And with that he wanders off into the idolasphere. I really, really like the next dungeon, but before we head in, we should go kit up now that the Chapter 4 accessories have unlocked.

In addition to the usual sets of upgrades (Strenth, Magic, Def/Res, etc), we now have a unique item for each character. Itsuki's, for example, is +1 to all stats which really isn't worth it when he has a choice of +6 Str or +6 Magic right there.

Some of them are really, really good though. Tsubasa's is +3 Magic and +7 Speed which is fantastic considering that Tsubasa is fairly slow for what you typically expect out of a peg knight. Ellie's is also worth mentioning, at +2 Str and +13 Skill. Normally that wouldn't be much to write home about, but Ellie also has a couple inherent crit bonuses, and given that skill governs crit chance, now you've got something to work with.

Anyway, next time we'll be heading in to Illusory Daiba. See you then!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Everyone needs to watch this in action. Mamori does the most adorable panic dance.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Alright kids, gather round because we have not one, but two Master Seals to hand out. I'm not going to go into as much detail as last time, since the promotions largely follow the same theme as Itsuki's, but I will give a brief overview of what they have to offer.

Tsubasa

Falcoknight - Magic based, emphasis on Wind and Healing. Significantly earlier access to Auto-Sukukaja and sole access to Mazandyne. Special passive Blessed Wind (restores health per turn)

Wyvern Knight - Strength based, lances and debuffs. Exclusive skill Fog Breath (reduces all enemies attack and hit/evade) and Dragonseye (raises hit/evade)

Touma

Paladin - Balanced extension of cavalier with a slight strength bias. Sole access to Auto-Tarukaja, some crit skills, and Tetraguard/Tetrakarn (blocks/repels one attack on the party)

Dark Knight - Somewhat better magic than Paladin (he's still bad at it), with extra access to fire and debuffs. Sole access to War Cry (All enemies Atk/Def down), Fog Breath, and Debilitate (All enemy stats down), as well as Maragi for some reason? It's literally his only capital-M Magic spell and he shouldn't be casting it regardless.

Kiria

Sage - Light magic and Healing focus. Sole access to more or less the entire light family, including Spirit Drain/Leech (steals some/a lot of MP from an enemy), Nosferatu (heals for half the damage inflicted), and Naga (heavy light damage and effective against dragons), as well as your standard healing magic (Mediarama/Samerecarm are the standouts). Special passive Hygieia's Protection (Kiria is less likely to be hit with status ailments)

Sorceror - Mage++, in much the same way Paladin is Cavalier++, with a general wind bias. Special passive True Casting (significantly increases spell damage)

Ellie

Sniper - Archer++. Earlier access to most of the good bow skills (including Myriad Arrows, heavy bow damage to all enemies), exclusive access to Shura Soul (significantly increases hit chance)

Assassin - Speed-focused and largely based around loving with the turn order. Notable passives include Blades of Domination (makes it so the target attacks last in the turn), Vital Shot (raises crit damage), as well as Fog Breath and Overload, an almighty spell that delays a target's turn.

Mamori

General - Knight++ with access to healing and support spells. Notable exclusives include Diarama/Diaharan, Freezing Strike (heavy ice damage to an enemy), and the passive Iron Wall (chance to guard when attacked).

Berserker - The Conqueror to General's Great Lord. Trades defense for strength and has exclusive access to Charge and the not-at-all-confusing Shura's Soul (significant increase in crit chance)

I will take the top two unique promotions - which is to say, if the results are Sage/Sorceror/Berseker, I'll promote Kiria to Sage and Mamori to Berserker. This promotion will take place in 3-4 updates? It'll be right before we fight Tarachino.

Vote here

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
mamori? with the :black101: option?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I like that as of a few seconds ago, :black101: Mamori is firmly in the lead. People want the tiny murder child.

As it should be.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
Assassin is my choice.

Turn order fuckery is extremely nice, especially since Blades can trigger off of Sessions.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
This post in the LP is seemingly more informative than Gamefaqs when it comes to class changes.

LiefKatano posted:

Assassin is my choice.

Turn order fuckery is extremely nice, especially since Blades can trigger off of Sessions.

How does it work, it's a modifier that sometimes triggers from bow skills?
Went with Sniper but thinking this sounds better in retrospect. Hopefully the game is a bit generous with the Master Seals (currently at the end of chapter 4).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

When I played I generally just went with the redesign I hated less

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
I made my votes and I don't think Tsubasa or Kiria are getting the promotions I want them to get (if at all.)

Kiria just joined me in my playthrough. As a weird question, what kind of damage does her basic physical attack do?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

mamori? with the :black101: option?

The hilarity of it all is that in no Fire Emblem game is there a straight Knight-->Berserker promotion path. Hell, it would have made sense to make Mamori's other promotion be Baron or Great Knight, if they wanted to stay in the armored line of classes. But no, we are given the chance to turn the small little girl into :black101:, and I love it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Item Getter posted:

Went with Sniper but thinking this sounds better in retrospect. Hopefully the game is a bit generous with the Master Seals (currently at the end of chapter 4).

Its an effect that triggers on any bow attack, so Assassin Ellie is fantastic support.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Arist posted:

This actually makes me wanna ask: Can we see what the class changes look like?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Unfortunately not until after the change. You get a headshot and that's about it.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Arist posted:

Sniper does look a lot better than assassin which probably swayed my opinion on them

Artix posted:

Unfortunately not until after the change. You get a headshot and that's about it.

Maybe you need to have at least 1 master seal in inventory to do it but you can always select each of the classes to look at a full body 3D preview and cancel out with B before going through with the change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!

Snorb posted:

I made my votes and I don't think Tsubasa or Kiria are getting the promotions I want them to get (if at all.)

Kiria just joined me in my playthrough. As a weird question, what kind of damage does her basic physical attack do?

Kiria's basic attack deals almighty damage. It's the closest thing to notable about it, considering... it's a basic attack from a mage.

Item Getter posted:

It's any Physical skill, not just bow/weapon-element skills. Just tested, even - got it activated off of one of her elemental strikes. There's no special activation animation, but it's pretty obvious when it activates because... the enemy gets thrown to the back of the turn order.

It might also let you completely remove an enemy from the turn order if they're already far back enough, but don't quote me on that; it might've just been them being removed because they died and Blades of Restraint updates the turn order to remove dead enemies.

re: Master Seals - there's enough Seals in the game to promote everyone twice, so you can get the class-exclusive weapons for everyone. I believe there's also extras in the Magic Lottery, in case you change your mind on your "final" class or something

While I'm speaking about game mechanics, there's also one other thing holding Open Audition back - everyone in the Sub-Cast has their Session Damage halved. It's still a great bonus, mind, but.