Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The Dream Catcher duo art is probably my favorite in the game, despite it being unable to kick off a new session. Nuking the stage with almighty hearts is just fantastic and can literally be a lifesaver in tense moments!

Edit: Update on last page. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I love these idiot children. So much charm.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I don't think we need to mention it, but the Regan is clearly named for the possessed girl in The Exorcist, and Blairs for Linda Blair, the actress who played her.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Edvarius posted:

There's just something wonderful about Ellie failing at learning how to be a Horror Victim so badly she became Buffy.

:yeah: Ellie becoming off-brand Buffy the Vampire Slayer because she learned the exact opposite of the lesson she set out to learn remains one of my favorite moments of the game. :allears:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ellie is just the best, and Dream Catcher is a genuine bop

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Robindaybird posted:

I don't think we need to mention it, but the Regan is clearly named for the possessed girl in The Exorcist, and Blairs for Linda Blair, the actress who played her.

I don’t watch horror movies really so I didn’t know this.

Instead I imagined Claude von Riegan pranking people for Not Halloween in a ghost costume

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
My mind went to Blair Witch Project first but that explanation sounds much more likely. :v:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Arist posted:

Ellie is just the best, and Dream Catcher is a genuine bop

A bunch of my weeb friends were looking forward to a trip to Japan for the TMS #fe Live later this month which likely would’ve included this song after they won chuusen tickets (amongst other events), but Coronavirus cancelled it, and they’re so sad now because it’s hard to get the TMS cast together since they all have their own careers in singing and seiyuu work and all that. RIP 2020 eventing...

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

I'm so glad TMS has skippable animations for big attacks. Imagine having to watch the thirty-six second (!!) mini music video every time you proc Dream Catcher.

It was bad enough before Encore introduced the Quick Session function.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Sorites posted:

I'm so glad TMS has skippable animations for big attacks. Imagine having to watch the thirty-six second (!!) mini music video every time you proc Dream Catcher.

It was bad enough before Encore introduced the Quick Session function.

I didn't realize you could skip those until probably around the final dungeon.
But even with quick sessions I still got tired of seeing long session chains toward the end of the game and ended up being pretty underleveled due to wanting to avoid the slow combat. Can't imagine what the original game must have been like.
It sure is a contrast from most other Atlus games where all the attack animations take like a second at most.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
To be absolutely honest I could never bring myself to use Dream Catcher in a session (besides, like, once, to see what it looked like).

Mediarahan + Sexy Dance (+ Megidolaon I guess) is good, sure, but extending the session just feels so much better! Even if the Charm and heal would probably technically help more having more numbers pop up pleases me greatly.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think Duo Sessions are tied to Luck with the pairs. one time I had super high luck on ... Tsubasa, I think and in addition to triggering her duo arts like 4 battles in a row one of them had it activate three times within the same session

it was magnificent

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Have you seen "Angel"?
I hear the actress
is pretty good! :P

Alright, let's not get ahead of ourselves too much, miss "terrified of ghosts". :colbert:

Anyway, last time we unlocked Mamori's second sidequest, which is another "stand there and talk to people twice" quest, so we might as well just knock it out now.

quote:

Um, Itsuki. I have something I'd like your advice on... I'll be waiting in Daitama.

Well that seems straightforward enough. Sorry Touma, you're next!

:siren: Fortuna Family's Sisters, Part 1 :siren:

Honestly, I'm worried about the "Microwavin'" show. May I have your advice?

Of course.

Well, the producer of Mamorin wants to change the direction of the program.

Does he now?

Yes. In fact he complimented me during the last shoot. He said that I've gotten much better.

You did do your best, after all.

Ehehe...

A-Anyway, he also said that he was sure I could handle it now, and that we should do a short skit...

A skit?

And what's troubling you about that?

Well... they're starting this with the next shoot. They're asking me to act as a younger sister... but I'm an only child and am having trouble acting it out...

You just have to practice acting as a younger sister then. We have lots of older girls at the agency, right? Why not ask them to help you train?

I see! ...But who would be best for this?

We're...not going to acknowledge Maiko on this one. I'm kind of disappointed I didn't pick Tsubasa after the fact because it turns out even Itsuki can lay a sick burn when he needs to.

quote:

What about Tsubasa? She is older than you. Technically.

Itsuki... that sounds reckless.

Yeah. Now that I've said it out loud, Tsubasa doesn't quite fit that role. No matter how I look at it, you're more dependable than her, and Tsubasa doesn't seem like an older sister...

I won't comment on that.

Don't be a dick, Itsuki. She's trying her hardest...most of the time, anyway.

And she looks after others well to boot. Wouldn't you say she's the most suited in our group?

I think you're right. I knew you were the person to ask! You have a good eye for these things.

You think so?

...Mm-hm! I'm starting to feel like this is going to work! I should go straight to the lesson studio to train! I'll try asking Ellie to help me!

And immediately thereafter...

quote:

Ellie said that she'll help! If it's all right with you, I'd like it if you came to watch over us. We'll be at the lesson studio!

About as painless as it gets. Let's check in with the girls over at the studio.

:siren: Fortuna Family's Sisters, Part 2 :siren:

Yes.

Oh well, I'll help you out. This is for our dear Mamori, after all.

You're already acting like the older sister...

Don't poke fun at me! It can't be helped, you know!? I'm an older sister in real life!

Really?

I've got three younger brothers. Bratty ones at that.

I see now... It all comes together.

As for the setting... Let's see... How about sisters going shopping together?

That sounds fun! ...I'm a bit nervous, but I'll do my best!

You'll be fine, Mamori. This is just an exercise, so stay relaxed and have fun with it.

Okay, Ellie.

What was that?

Oh! Okay, Sis!

I'm not entirely sure why they needed to change into their lesson clothes for this but...sure. You do you, kids.

Wh-What is it, Sis?

I'm about to go grocery shopping. What do you want to do, Mamori?

Itsuki, naturally, is given every opportunity to derail this particular exercise. We will not be doing that for obvious reasons. :colbert:

Have her take you.

Sis! I wanna go shopping with you!

Sure. Help me carry the groceries, okay?

Of course!

It's going good so far.

*fade to black*

Beg her for snacks.

Hey, Sis... I want some snacks.

Snacks? But we just picked some up.

I want chocolate! You always get rice crackers!

All right, all right... You can buy something up to 100 yen, okay?

Yaaay!

I think they're starting to get pretty good at being sisters...

*fade to black*

Thanks for carrying the groceries, Mamori. You were a big help. Why don't we treat ourselves to some ice cream?

Be extremely happy.

Yaaay! I love ice cream! I love you too, Sis!

Why don't we get different flavors then?

Whaaat? I wanna get the same one as you!

But if they're different, we can taste each other's, right?

Oh yeah!

Um, Sis! I'll make dinner to thank you for the ice cream.

Heheh, what're you going to make?

Pom Curry, of course! It's easy to make with a microwave!

Mm-hm.

She's getting the hang of it. :buddy:

What do you think, Mamori?

It's a curious feeling, being able to fawn on someone that isn't your father or mother... They're like a friend, but not... So this is what it feels like to be a younger sister!

Mamori Minamoto's soul as an entertainer has achieved a new awakening... Her inspiration has taken form as a new Performa: Relying on You!

You did it, Mamori!

Thank you, Itsuki! You too, Sis!

Ahaha, you can stop calling me that now!

It's a cute little scene, albeit one I kind of wish went on a little longer. Not every sidequest needs to be an epic, but this one definitely could have used a little more meat on the bones.

Anyway, Door to Family unlocks another SP skill for Mamori. Not the most exciting outcome, but we'll take it.

:siren: Fortuna Family's Sisters, Part 3 :siren:

Huh? What do you mean?

Well, I have always felt that you are a little too dependable for your age, Mamori.

You think so...?

Through this training, however, I feel that I have seen you allow yourself to act your true age - the true you, Mamori. In that respect... I believe this training was extremely meaningful.

You appear somewhat more relaxed than before, as well. I am certain that you shall be able to perform your character even better now.

Heheh... Thank you, Mr. Draug!

What is it with the male mirages and doing this weird judgment thing about their masters? She's 14 dude, not exactly a "true age" kinda deal.

And lo and behold, Ellie appears to be the big sis on Microwavin'. Guess all that practice was good for something, eh?

Excellent work, Mamori.

I feel like at this point it would be more surprising if he wasn't there. Has he missed a single one of these performances?

...You know, except Ellie's. :v:

Good job out there, you two.

Still, I was surprised when Maiko suddenly told me to appear in the "Microwavin'" show.

I believe "Special technique: Reverse Tone Shift!" was what Ms. Maiko said.

Was it okay though? I'm worried casting Mamorin's sister as biracial might raise some questions about the show...

I guess that's true. I don't think it'll be a problem, though.

It just shows how natural you two were.

Mm-hm! Ellie is the best older sister! I'm amazed at what a real actress can do.

I-Is that so? Well, I am aiming for Hollywood, after all. This was nothing.

You were perfect! Right, Itsuki?

Watching you two made me smile. You really were great sisters.

Really? Thank goodness.

This let me feel what it's like having a little sister, so it was a good experience for me too. Thanks, Mamori.

Same here, Ellie! And you too, Itsuki!

Oh no... I didn't do anything. This was all due to your hard work, Mamori.

No. This episode of "Mamorin" went well because you gave great advice during my training. That's why I'd like to thank you, Itsuki!

Um, may I try calling you "big brother" for the moment?

Sure.

Ehehe... Thanks for helping me all this time, big brother.

Mamori Minamoto has grown as an entertainer and has become "Everyone's Sister"! She acquired the Special Performance Microwavin' Soul!

Similar to Microwavin' Heart, Microwavin' Soul is an instant use Samerecarm. A no-questions-asked full party revive is pretty good for being the same cost as a full party heal, although both obviously have their niche.

quote:

Heh heh heh heh... Tiki and Mamori... They'd be so cute together... Heh heh heh...
Hey, why don't we talk about the two of them at the office?

But of course, we're not quite done here yet. Despite choosing to word this in the creepiest manner possible, Maiko has one more surprise up her sleeve for us.

Uh... Ms. Maiko?

Huh!? Oh, Itsuki!

What's going on? You had this really creepy grin on your face.

I was just thinking about Mamori and Tiki. Yes... This must be fate.

What is?

A collaboration. Think about it! A collaboration between 2D and 3D! The ultimate duo that can instantly melt anyone's heart!

Uh huh.

Oh, come on. You'd like to see it too, right?

Well, yeah...

Then it's settled! Oh, I have to call them up right now. Every second I sit here talking is another second of their youth, gone forever!

I...don't think that's how that works, Maiko? Okay, maybe Mamori, but Tiki is uh, literally an unaging spirit.

Mamori Minamoto and Tiki acquired the Duo Art Love for You!

And that's what we really came here for. Love for You is Mabufudyne with a side helping of restoring half a bar of your SP meter. This is probably one of the least useful Duo Arts, considering how easy it is to get Clap Tracks (which restore an entire bar upon use), but we never turn down another opportunity to extend our combos.

With that distraction out of the way, Touma's up next. It's the big conclusion for everyone's favorite nihilistic child!

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:

Artix posted:

With that distraction out of the way, Touma's up next. It's the big conclusion for everyone's favorite nihilistic child!

:allears: My personal favorite side story is finally here! Touma's such a good kid.

And Mamori in general feels like they cut some of her stuff. Her first side story having an apparently important conversation with Barry offscreen being another example of what we see here.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Is it just me, or does Kiria trigger the Labyrinth skill a lot when she casts Bufu/Mabufu?

Also, I love that every Persona Mirage has a unique line for trying to overwrite a skill if you still have a skill slot open.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Itsuki is collecting little sisters at a startling rate.

Probably better than the alternative, though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You should’ve gotten the dialogue for derailing the training session, Mamori’s really good at improv and Elie just gets so exasperated with Itsuki’s dumb suggestions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Snorb posted:

Is it just me, or does Kiria trigger the Labyrinth skill a lot when she casts Bufu/Mabufu?

I bet your Kiria has a boosted Luck stat from somewhere, probably a vending machine drink.