Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I like how Itsuki is a generic protagonist with no particular talent so his Ad Lib skill is just shouting into a microphone.

Item Getter fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
This post in the LP is seemingly more informative than Gamefaqs when it comes to class changes.

LiefKatano posted:

Assassin is my choice.

Turn order fuckery is extremely nice, especially since Blades can trigger off of Sessions.

How does it work, it's a modifier that sometimes triggers from bow skills?
Went with Sniper but thinking this sounds better in retrospect. Hopefully the game is a bit generous with the Master Seals (currently at the end of chapter 4).

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Arist posted:

When I played I generally just went with the redesign I hated less

Sniper does look a lot better than assassin which probably swayed my opinion on them

Artix posted:

Unfortunately not until after the change. You get a headshot and that's about it.

Maybe you need to have at least 1 master seal in inventory to do it but you can always select each of the classes to look at a full body 3D preview and cancel out with B before going through with the change.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I do like the look of both of Tharja's second classes a lot, they are both unique and alien looking and overall more interesting than her base design instead of being a tacky attempt to "power up" the base design. The Sage design is one of the only things in the game that looks like it would fit in a PS2 era SMT game.
Though I went with Conqueror for Chrom I think it has to be one of the worst ones, it's just his base design with a bunch of bright red plastic bits from an action figure glued onto it.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I guess someone has to mention that Excellus is based on this thing from Tron

Looking forward to see what the cut content in this part of the game is like.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Is this all unused stuff inside of the game files?
If the cut content is all like this I can see why they didn't use it since it would have made the chapter very repetitive especially with having to go through a different door each time you revisit the dungeon. The "get performa, go to bloom palace and do radiant unity, go back" thing gets repetitive enough being used in every side story in the game and several times in the main story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Sorites posted:

I'm so glad TMS has skippable animations for big attacks. Imagine having to watch the thirty-six second (!!) mini music video every time you proc Dream Catcher.

It was bad enough before Encore introduced the Quick Session function.

I didn't realize you could skip those until probably around the final dungeon.
But even with quick sessions I still got tired of seeing long session chains toward the end of the game and ended up being pretty underleveled due to wanting to avoid the slow combat. Can't imagine what the original game must have been like.
It sure is a contrast from most other Atlus games where all the attack animations take like a second at most.