Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
Assassin is my choice.

Turn order fuckery is extremely nice, especially since Blades can trigger off of Sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

Snorb posted:

I made my votes and I don't think Tsubasa or Kiria are getting the promotions I want them to get (if at all.)

Kiria just joined me in my playthrough. As a weird question, what kind of damage does her basic physical attack do?

Kiria's basic attack deals almighty damage. It's the closest thing to notable about it, considering... it's a basic attack from a mage.

Item Getter posted:

How does it work, it's a modifier that sometimes triggers from bow skills?
Went with Sniper but thinking this sounds better in retrospect. Hopefully the game is a bit generous with the Master Seals (currently at the end of chapter 4).

It's any Physical skill, not just bow/weapon-element skills. Just tested, even - got it activated off of one of her elemental strikes. There's no special activation animation, but it's pretty obvious when it activates because... the enemy gets thrown to the back of the turn order.

It might also let you completely remove an enemy from the turn order if they're already far back enough, but don't quote me on that; it might've just been them being removed because they died and Blades of Restraint updates the turn order to remove dead enemies.

re: Master Seals - there's enough Seals in the game to promote everyone twice, so you can get the class-exclusive weapons for everyone. I believe there's also extras in the Magic Lottery, in case you change your mind on your "final" class or something

While I'm speaking about game mechanics, there's also one other thing holding Open Audition back - everyone in the Sub-Cast has their Session Damage halved. It's still a great bonus, mind, but.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

...I never thought to cast Lightoma in the room with the panels. Huh.

It might just be because they don't warp you back so progress isn't really impeded (and none of the penalties for stepping on a lesson panel are extremely detrimental) so I never thought "man, is there a way to avoid these...?" but...

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

Sorcerer, definitely. There's maybe one neat Sage-exclusive spell and the main time it could even pretend to be useful it absolutely is not for a variety of reasons

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

Omobono posted:

By the way, Counter can't counter AoE physical skills, Ad Libs/SP skills, and arrow attacks either.

...oh, so that's why it doesn't just say single-target physical skills. because bows.

Would all of Elly's skills be safe or just the ones that are actually bow-element?

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

Hey, it fits with the regular Fire Emblem games, kinda.

...I guess you'd have to engage with the recruitable character via talking to them, usually, but you aren't supposed to kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

To be absolutely honest I could never bring myself to use Dream Catcher in a session (besides, like, once, to see what it looked like).

Mediarahan + Sexy Dance (+ Megidolaon I guess) is good, sure, but extending the session just feels so much better! Even if the Charm and heal would probably technically help more having more numbers pop up pleases me greatly.