Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
Right, just found out this was happening and caught up. I'm going to sign up as the British DSACEUR.

So,

I've been on holiday in the Maldives, which are lovely this time of year, and I only got back into the office yesterday. I've gone through my emails and as usual the whole place has gone to poo poo while I was away. Lets see what we can do about that. We have been too passive, too reactive, and we continue to be punished for it.

DSACEUR Proposals - WMD Strategy
Escalating options for use on land. Plans are mutually exclusive, vote for a plan and then your favoured option or set of options within them:

Plan DOVE
Do nothing and let the Soviets demonstrate the truth of the childish delusion that they are going to Bomb everyone and nobody is going to Bomb them.

Plan MEGGIDO
Limit nuclear use to MENA.

o Operation GANDHI
Use one nuclear weapon against the Syrians in Syria as a direct eye-for-an-eye response.

o Operation SODOM
Use one nuclear weapon against the Syrians in Syria as a direct eye-for-an-eye response plus one further nuclear weapon against the Iraqi HQ south of Basra to cripple their C2.

o Operation VAGUELY BROWN
Allow free tactical nuclear weapon usage in support of the entire Middle Eastern theatre as we define it, in the hopes of getting ahead of the Soviet nuclear decision cycle and shocking them into ceasing escalations.

Plan TORSION
Allow limited nuclear use in Europe today to stymie the forming Soviet breakthroughs and prevent the necessity of large-scale nuclear use tomorrow. Three different options here:

o Operation BASHI-BAZOUK
Do not deploy nuclear weapons in European Turkey.

o Operation JANISSARY
Use one nuclear weapon against the Bulgarian troop concentration on the Black Sea coast in defence of Istanbul.

AND

o Operation HANDSIT
Do not deploy any nuclear weapons in Germany.

o Operation DRESDEN I
Deploy two nuclear weapons in Germany, against the troop concentrations marked 1 and 4 on the supplemental maps.

o Operation DRESDEN II
Deploy four nuclear weapons in Germany, against the troop concentrations marked 1, 2, 4 and 5 on the supplemental maps.

o Operation DRESDEN III
Deploy seven nuclear weapons in Germany, against all of the troop concentrations marked with numbers on the supplemental maps. Note that this will involve hitting the major population centre of Regensburg.

AND

o Operation MERCY
No nuclear weapon deployment in MENA.

o Operation SODOM
Use one nuclear weapon against the Syrians in Syria as a direct eye-for-an-eye response plus one further nuclear weapon against the Iraqi HQ south of Basra to cripple their C2.

Allow free tactical nuclear weapon usage in support of the entire Middle Eastern theatre as we define it, in the hopes of getting ahead of the Soviet nuclear decision cycle and shocking them into ceasing escalations.

Supplemental Maps:

DSACEUR Naval Warfare Proposal

Operation SEALCLUBBER
Tactical nuclear weapon usage in the open ocean devolved fully to local commanders. Shoot 'em if you got 'em. No use within one tile of coasts.

(Historically there was a considered delineation between tactical nuclear usage like this and tactical nuclear usage on land, which is worse.)

This is a complicated set of instructions but it should hopefully mean that we don't split votes too much and end up with 3 votes to not nuke and 10 votes to nuke, all split across a different option so that not nuke is the plurality.

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
:siren::siren::siren:RETRACTION:siren::siren::siren:

Looks like the bug was worse than I thought and I have to roll back to the previous update. I expect giving it a run again that our situation will probably look SIMILAR but not the SAME.

Grog games! :suicide: I will let you know what is different by the end of Sunday.

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

I can only praise our American allies in their masterful countering of the Iranian naval threat, and urge them to redouble their efforts to secure the Gulf and eliminate the threat from Tehran as soon as possible.

((I would like to join as the civilian government of the UAE, of course represented by the Union's first (and hopefully not only) President.))

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MARCOM standing by for update, but generally:

Maintaining the Atlantic and Med SLOCs is still the highest priority. Interdicting WP attempts at amphibious leapfrogs of the front lines is a close second, though coastal air will be doing the lion's share of this. The Turks may have been effectively negated as a force at sea, but containing the Fifth Eskadra from breaking through the Bosporus into the Med is third.

Proposals:

Operation Tenerife
allow nuclear release for ASW weapons in all theaters

Operation Monaco
deploy USSIXTHFLT, the bulk of the Italian navy, and portions of the Marine Nationale already in the Med to assist the Greek Navy in covering the Aegean and preventing a breakout attempt.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
:siren::siren::siren:UPDATE RETRACTED:siren::siren::siren:

A same or similar result was not achieved. The update has been fully rolled back, and we will get to pretend that nothing bad ever happened in Lebanon, yet. Will resume regular schedule. Thanks for sticking with me :patriot:

The issue of the bug is that when the scenario was created, there was an 80% chance of nuclear weapons being authorized when I clicked "authorize nuclear weapons". Unfortunately, that also means that the 20% of the time it doesn't initiate, but attempting to reload revealed that perhaps TOAW has a weird way of doing RNG, because when I tried it twenty times in a pure scenario, it worked three times. So if I did my math right, something that should have triggered 3/4ths of the time is now triggering 1/32 of the time. Needless to say, having to game the system repeatedly to get this to work means a lot of RNG variables will be different. Therefore, rolling back the update is the best plan. So nobody gets to freak out yet! Sorry all!

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 23, 2020

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

kinda relieved! but also nervous bc for all we know, the next real update could be an even worse result :ohdear:

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
This is clearly because a plucky group of time travelers, attempting to avert nuclear holocaust, jumped back in time and gave the Soviet tactical commander who ordered nuclear release food poisoning.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I don't understand any of the screenshots really, so I'm not going to say I get the game well enough to help SACEUR.

How about Portugal?

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 23, 2020

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
h

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

Mukaikubo posted:

This is clearly because a plucky group of time travelers, attempting to avert nuclear holocaust, jumped back in time and gave the Soviet tactical commander who ordered nuclear release food poisoning.

I'd watch this Netflix miniseries.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

Flesnolk posted:

I don't understand any of the screenshots really, so I'm not going to say I get the game well enough to help SACEUR.

How about Portugal?

i'm in a similar boat as this guy! i'll take belgium.

(i had never heard of wilfried martens before, but goddamn this guy could not take a good photo)

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

While we're in OOC-land, been listening to a Red Storm Rising audiobook. Mostly still in the setup phases as things start to go hot, but I'm curious how we're faring compared to Clancy's take on the theoretical conflict. Surprised that we got that Jack Ryan TV show instead of a Red Storm adaptation.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
NATO struck first in Red Storm Rising, so it's a bit different than our little World War Three.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So long child, I'm on my way
And after all is done, after all is done
Don't be down, it's all in the past
Though you may be afraid

EMERGENCY ACTION MESSAGE

SBA AKROTIRI DESTROYED...50 KT BLAST...AMMAN DESTROYED...1 MEGATON BLAST. ALLIED OPERATIONS IN MED. MIDDLE EAST SEVERELY DISRUPTED. TRANSPORT NETWORKS COMPROMISED. KING OF JORDAN OKAY. JORDANIAN MILITARY COMMAND DAMAGED BUT SURVIVING. JORDANIAN ARMY PULLING BACK TO BORDERS. ALL BOMBERS DISPERSE.

Helsinki has fallen to a Soviet onslaught. The Finnish capital is now in Soviet control, and a puppet government is already been put into place. Propaganda pieces are being floated into the airwaves stating that the previous Finnish imperialist government has been replaced with one more understanding of the Proletariat. These calls have gone unheeded by the Finnish army. Soviet forces have evacuated Kalmar, Sweden. Due to the mistake of the ground commander (oops) many surviving forces, along with fresh Polish and Soviet divisions have captured Malmö. København has fallen to the Soviet forces. The Queen is okay and has been evacuated to London. A Danish government in exile is now set up. USMC forces in Esbjerg have made contact with Polish armored troops, and have defended the vital port city. Supply in the peninsula remains extremely low however. In Norway, a USMC carrier with Harriers has arrived outside of Trondheim. The Soviets have taken Bardufoss, a painful loss but one that was coming. The Norwegian military has mounted a successful defense of Narvik, and repulsed Soviet naval infantry who were attempting to sneak into port.

The Soviet advance continues in Central Europe. An entire British division was encircled in Celle and destroyed. A Soviet division raced down the coast, slapping down a few light West German garrisons at the risk of being encircled. Bremerhaven has fallen to the Soviet forces, and marks the near complete loss of the West German coastline. Operating along this thin corridor, a flight of Soviet paratroopers (with great losses to Dutch F-16s and West German IDS Tornadoes), managed to land at Erlschede, heavily damaging NORTHAG HQ and temporarily capturing the town. NATO operations in the North are disrupted. In the South, the Soviets have ground down the defenders of Schweinfurt. Refugees clog the roads near Bremen and the Ruhr cities, forming massive lines of cars heading for the French border. French and American troops have taken enormously huge casualties in the city of Nürnberg, but have held the town. Fresh Czechoslovak troops are starting to tip the balance in this theater. American troops continue to pour in through the POMCUS sites, but a large gap has formed in the line between Schweinfurt and Nürnberg, which must be plugged immediately. If the gap cannot be filled, a Soviet breakout into Southern West Germany and central France is almost guaranteed. Vienna has fallen to Warsaw Pact troops, but Italian troops made a valiant defense of both Salzburg and Klagenfurt. This will almost certainly delay the Soviet plans in the region. Switzerland has mobilized due to Soviet SOF in the region. Swiss units cannot leave Swiss territory. Ireland has mobilized as well. They cannot leave. The Soviet special forces troops in Northern Ireland are laying down their weapons and attempting to blend into the countryside.

Libyan combat forces have landed in Malta, securing the islands and wiping out the tiny Maltese garrison. Soviet air units and engineers, presumably moving over Iran, Iraq, Syria, and then jinking naval units in the Mediterranean, have immediately landed in Malta. Mop up continues in Albania, as Albanian soldiers retreat back into the mountains to run a guerrilla campaign. A minor Bulgarian counteroffensive has begun, but it is the opinion of ground troops that this is not nearly as powerful of an offensive that was originally conducted against Greek positions. Turkish "trip wire" forces have retreated back in the face of an extremely powerful Warsaw Pact offensive. Soviet special forces in Turkish rear areas, plus Turkish communist guerrillas have made supplying the forces West of Istanbul difficult. In Anatolia, the Soviet invasion continues, with a Soviet division rolling down the coast. Iran has signed a unit-transfer agreement. At least three Iranian divisions of mechanized soldiers and artillery have entered the Turkish borderlands. Iraqi troops continue to move north into Turkey.

A Libyan armored division has moved towards the Egyptian paratroopers that have landed. Libyan MiGs and Egyptian F-16s clash over the desert with gruesome losses.

Cyprus and Jordan have been hit with nuclear weapons delivered by Soviet aircraft. Cyprus with a tactical weapon to render the British base area unusable to aircraft or combat units. In Jordan, presumably to avoid directly striking a nuclear power's combat units, Jordan was hit instead of Israel. Amman was obliterated in a show of force. Through sheer luck, Jordanian military combat HQ wasn't destroyed and the King survived. However, the same can't be said for the city of Amman or the thousands of Jordanians whose lives were changed in an instant. Hospitals, the ones that are still standing, have lost a minimum 80% of their doctors and nurses, are overwhelmed with hundreds of thousands of injured. Morgues overflow. Surgery is performed without anesthetic. Pain medication ran out two and a half hours in the aftermath. IV needles are reused to deliver what saline solution is left. Ammani police are shooting and killing looters, and even those who are unarmed are summarily executed to keep order. A Syrian counteroffensive in the cloud of radioactive smoke was launched. Israeli forces bitterly held on. Hezbollah guerilla forces attempt to harass Israeli supply lines in the Tyrus pocket at extreme loss. Iraqi forces have swept aside American, Kuwaiti, and Saudi forces. They are now on the outskirts of Kuwait City. The Iranian navy and Iranian revolutionary guard have conceded that the sea lanes in the Persian Gulf would be forced open, and have thrown all their marine forces into an invasion of Qatar. The Royal Guard, with the army currently in Saudi Arabia, pitched a defense of Doha but were forced back. The Iranian forces are taking what food and water stores they can as they attempt to break out. Iranian land based silkworm missiles hit downtown Dubai, aiming at oil packaging and shipping facilities. The Iranian guerillas have activated, by the way. They are about two divisions in strength in total. Oh and we also got these new guys, I wonder what they'll get up to as I’ve never heard of them

MARCOM: US 2nd Fleet has responsibility with British Royal navy for defense of North Sea. French navies are assisting where they can. Much of the FRG and Swedish fleet was sunk in the Baltic, limiting what we can do there. The navies of the Mediterranean are spread about. The Libyan navy is attempting to block passage from the Eastern to the Central Mediterranean. The Iranian navy is extremely low strength, and CENTCOM naval assets (including an Aircraft Carrier) remain on the outside of the Strait, not wanting to get caught in an Iranian missile barrage.

ONE MEGATON DETONATION AMMAN. MULTI-KILOTON BURST AKROTIRI. SUPPLY AND REPLENISHMENT IN MED. MIDDLE EAST THEATER SEVERELY DISRUPTED. CHEMICAL WEAPONS CONTINUE TO BE USED.

All options remain from last time

----

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Proud. The Italian army has punched above its weight against a numerically superior foes crack forces.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Recovered. The shock of Victoria is fading fast as the populace expects you to deliver on your wargoals.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Outraged. A British territory has been hit with nuclear weapons. Although the failure of the attack on Belfast is appreciated, it cannot ignore the fact that once again BRITISH TERRITORY HAS BEEN HIT WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Pleased. The Bulgarians have faltered. The people want Greek troops parading down Sofia by the end of the month.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Neutral. The rebuilding must begin of Høfn. Quite a few Icelander lives were lost, and the mourning starts.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Still positive. The losses that French forces are having is beginning to become concerning.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Despair. Huge amounts of refugees are interrupting traffic control systems and civilian as well as military police tasked with keeping order.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Still pleased.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Disappointed. The commander who screwed up the garrisoning of Malmö ought to be shot! ( :v: )

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Furious. Erlschede has fallen to Soviet paratroopers. Despite Dutch aircraft downing much of the slow transports that were carrying loads of men and material, enough landed to attack NATO NORTHAG HQ.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Neutral. Spain has only suffered from some shortages during the war. It still feels like a distant memory. The Spanish navy has made good press for its assistance in Operation Crocodile, however.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Somehow even more neutral. Portugal has steadfastly guarded the approaches of the Mediterranean, but Portuguese army forces have hardly even left their barracks. Some question why we are in the war in the first place.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Pleading. The attacks on Dubai must stop. The people want you to work with the other Arab countries and the United States to eliminate the threat that Iran poses at once.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Demanding action. Israel is no fan of Jordan, that's for sure. But the Soviets have demonstrated that they are willing to use nuclear weapons. This cannot be allowed. Especially not so close to our territory.

The population's opinion of your leadership is: Nervous. The Soviet troops in the Netherlands is the drama of Bruxelles coffee shops. Young men are joining the army at incredible rates.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 28, 2020

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I genuinely didn't think we'd get worse than the one nuke we saw last time but hey here's two nukes with one being on British soil. I'm gonna go ahead and post out of character to say that now is the time to NUKE THE gently caress OUT OF THEM before they start hitting command centers and causing us to lose the game. I really don't want this one to end because of roleplay forcing us to not nuke because it's been pretty fun so far and I want it to keep going.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

FLASH DEFENCE COUNCIL EYES ONLY.

TACTICAL RELEASE AUTHORIZED IN ALL THEATERS. STRIKE BACK. ATTEMPTS BY ANY PARTY TO INTERFERE WITH THE DISPERSAL OR USE OF BRITISH WEAPONS ARE TO BE TAKEN AS ACTS OF WAR

(Haha wow this is even worse than last time I'll buy someone an avatar if we reach Halloween in-game.)

Kavak fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Feb 28, 2020

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Concordo. Mate todos os russos!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

(What are all those blue splotches in the maps you posted?)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Whatever RNG is controlling the Soviet AI is getting a lot of really weird rolls. Does this game have any sort of "nuke counter", a la War in the Pacific, where using lots of nukes comes out of your victory points?

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

An attack on Cyprus is an attack on Europe.

We warned the Soviet Union what would happen if they deployed weapons on European soil. They have crossed that red line.

The force de dissuasion will make a strategic attack on the Soviet Union. Primary target will be Leningrad, secondary Minsk. One strategic weapon will be used at one of those targets. Choice and method subject to our commanders' selection and circumstances. The objective will be to cause maximum strategic damage at one of those cities.

Additionally, we stand in solidarity with our British brothers, and disperse nuclear authority to our battlefield commanders. Any and all methods of defense using special weapons are authorized.

On the bright side: the french will get to destroy Germany after all :v:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Madurai posted:

MARCOM's fragmentary order update

Maintaining the Atlantic and Med SLOCs is still the highest priority. Interdicting WP attempts at amphibious leapfrogs of the front lines is a close second, though coastal air will be doing the lion's share of this. The Turks may have been effectively negated as a force at sea, but containing the Fifth Eskadra from breaking through the Bosporus into the Med is third.

Proposals:

Operation Tenerife
allow nuclear release for ASW weapons in all theaters

Operation Monaco
deploy USSIXTHFLT, the bulk of the Italian navy, and portions of the Marine Nationale already in the Med to assist the Egyptian Navy in Forcing a breakthrough of the Strait of Sicily and reducing Libyan air and naval bases. Once that is accomplished, aid the Greek Navy in maintaining control over the Aegean.

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

As much as it pains me, I think I must vote in support of the use of nuclear arms against Soviet strategic or tactical objectives. Again, I urge against targets meant purely for civilian deaths; but I leave the specifics of where and when up to the rest of you.

In addition(if it is possible to do this vis a vis the roleplay rules), I would like to pull some minor Dutch units back to start defending our backlines and mopping up any Soviet paratroops that drop in and disrupt our supply lines. Starting with the bastards in Erlschede. In the event things are clear, they can act as garrisons for cities scattered around the backlines of CENEUR to avoid such things happening in the future. Only pull these units back if it would not majorly disrupt the integrity of our line.

zanni fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 28, 2020

Randomcheese3
Sep 6, 2011

"It's like no cheese I've ever tasted."

SACEUR Planning

Situational Assessment

This use of nuclear weapons by the Soviets must be responded to. Not only have they attacked military targets, both in Cyprus and off the Canadian coast, but they have attacked civilians in Jordan. Beyond that, the situation is broadly positive. While we do face some minor setbacks at either end of the Central Front, we are seeing relative successes elsewhere. We must remain resolute in our defence, and respond to this latest evidence of Soviet aggression.

AFNORTH:

Norwegian units should continue efforts to defend along the coastal road. Swedish units are to hold present positions, except around Malmo. All attempts are to be made to drive the Soviets out of the bridgehead.

AFCENT:

Given the situation, I do not intend to put forward any proposals for counterattacks against the Soviets, though other commanders may choose do so. All units in NORTHAG are to continue falling back to the line dictated in Operation Mercury. French and Dutch reserve units are to force the Soviet paras out of Enschede, and aim to cut off the Soviet penetration around Wilhelmshaven. CENTAG units east of Nuremberg are to fall back to a straight line running from Nuremberg to Munich.

AFSOUTH:

Italian units are to continue to form defensive lines in Austria. The afloat reserve formed from the troops in Albania are to begin moving to liberate Malta. Greek troops are to continue attacks on Bulgarian troops around Thessaloniki. Turkish troops are to hold their position west of Istanbul, while rear area troops clear road and rail routes east of Istanbul.

CENTCOM:

Israeli and Jordanian units are to continue their attacks into Syria/Lebanon, aiming to link up with Turkish forces moving southwards. Egyptian units are to continue to advance into Libya. Saudi/US/UAE units are to move to drive Iranian marines in Doha back into the Persian Gulf. Units in Kuwait are to fall back, unless Operation Lighthouse is chosen.

Nuclear Use:

The Soviet use of nuclear weapons calls for a robust response. I will present two options here, one focusing on attacks on Soviet troop concentrations, the other on identified military HQs.

Operation Lighthouse

Nuclear weapons are to be used against identified Soviet and Warsaw Pact HQs, as well as those of Soviet-aligned nations. This can be split into two options - firstly, strikes against HQs outside of cities (Lighthouse Light) and secondly strikes against these targets and HQs in cities (Lighthouse Heavy). Targets for Lighthouse Light are the Soviet Army HQ east of Kassel, and the Iraqi Corps HQ just inside Kuwait (plus up to two (2) more weapons to be used against targets of opportunity that meet the targetting criteria). Targets for Lighthouse Heavy are the Lighthouse Light targets, plus the Soviet HQs in Dresden and Magdeburg, and the Czech HQ in Prague.

Operation Vagabond II

Up to 3 (three) tactical nuclear weapons are to be used against Warsaw Pact troops to the South and West of Hamburg. No weapons are to be used against the city itself. Up to 3 (three) nuclear weapons are to be used against Warsaw Pact troops in the vicinity of Regensburg, again avoiding use of weapons within the city.

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

Reiterating now that SACEUR has put out specific plans for nuclear utilization, I am abstaining from voting on particular plans, but am not raising objections to other nations voting.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Telex 23.10.88. HMS ENGADINE. NATO Eyes Only. Cabinet Decisions.

LIGHTHOUSE LIGHT TENERIFE VAGABOND II supported. British weapons ordered to be made available for any planned strike. Attacks on WARPAC cities may interfere with planned French strike but escalation now considered inevitable.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Canada supports lighthouse light. The Soviets must pay for their continued WMD usage but I'm hesitant to hit a non-Moscow civilian Target

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

God rest the martyrs of Amman! God be with NATO!

The government of the UAE supports Operation Vagabond II. Our analysis further decrees that any friendly nuclear strikes in the Mid-East will encourage more Ammans - thus jeopardising the oil reserves of the Gulf which all NATO relies on. For the time being we oppose any further tactical deployment of nuclear weapons in the region when they could be put to much better use elsewhere.

We further urge command to scramble any and all available forces to the Gulf and taking the fight to the Iranians as soon as humanly possible. We must open up the belly of the enemy!

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

(Does anyone else feel a bit of déjà vu?)

I will find that general who abandoned Malmö, and I'm going to give him a good talking to!

We are preparing to push back and recover Malmö, and hold the line against Soviet forces near the Torne river valley, in accordance with the plans described to us in AFNORTH. Given the distance in the north and the more isolated terrain, Sweden itself is prepared to trade a little more space for a little more time. However, we would like to emphasize that Finland and Denmark are near falling, and those forces will head for us next.

Given the continued use of nuclear weapons against NATO forces, I also would like to reaffirm that we are open to a reciprocal nuclear counterforce strike prepared by NATO. Therefore, we support Operation Vagabond II, Operation Lighthouse Light, Operation Gandhi, Operation Janissary, and Operation Monaco.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 29, 2020

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

We support Lighthouse Heavy, Vagabond, and Tenerife. SHAPE is free to request the use of French weapons if necessary. Reasonable requests will be granted.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

Resubmitting the following options to add to the Central European escalation.

o Operation GANDHI
Use one nuclear weapon against the Syrians in Syria as a direct eye-for-an-eye response.

o Operation SODOM

o Operation JANISSARY
Use one nuclear weapon against the Bulgarian troop concentration on the Black Sea coast in defence of Istanbul.

And additionally, for the French strategic release:

o I HATE LENINGRAD

o I HATE MINSK

Personally I advocate Minsk for Third World War reasons.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
OOC: How do the nuclear options work? Do we have to respond to all of the options posted by all the SACEUR/DSACEUR posters or can we only pick one?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Respond to all, I will take into account all votes and if they're close I will mix it down into one cohesive plan, if the vote is heavily split I'll whittle it down to two and leave it open.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

We will Do what Must Be Done.

OPERATION SODOM AUTHORIZED

OPERATION JANISSARY AUTHORIZED

OPERATION LIGHTHOUSE HEAVY AUTHORIZED

OPERATION VAGABOND II AUTHORIZED

OPERATION TENERIFE AUTHORIZED

OPERATION MONACO AUTHORIZED

MINSK TO BE TARGETED

Additionally, I hereby order all American commanders to deploy tactical nuclear devices in any case of Soviet breakthrough.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Alea iacta est!

Operation Sodom
Operation Vaguely Brown
Operation Janissary
Operation Lighthouse Heavy
Operation Vagabond II
Operation Tenerife
Operation Monaco
Leningrad

edit: because it was just proposed I'll also support Operation Westminster

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 29, 2020

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Shaking my head. What were the Soviets expecting would happen here? There’s no way that dropping hydrogen bombs on cities doesn’t end in nuclear Armageddon.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Operation Sodom
Operation Vaguely Brown
Operation Janissary
Operation Lighthouse Heavy
Operation Vagabond II
Operation Tenerife
Operation Monaco
Both Minsk and Leningrad, but Leningrad if there is absolutely only one option

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

The Soviets will pay dearly for this unwarranted aggression on all humanity. And particularly the fallout from Amman possibly affecting our great state of Israel, of course.

Approve CENTCOM planning.
Approve Operation Lighthouse Heavy
Approve Operation Vagabond II
Approve Operation Janissary
Approve Minsk

Oppose Leningrad

Israel registers STRONG OPPOSITION to Operations Vaguely Brown, Gandhi, and Sodom. Israel and Israel alone reserves the right to respond to nuclear weapons use within CENTCOM.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Also, why not Moscow?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

Also, why not Moscow?

That's past deterrence (Which we're already kind of lying to ourselves about) and goes straight to emptying the silos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Flesnolk posted:

Also, why not Moscow?

https://youtu.be/s4VlruVG81w