Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
reading that china is burning bodies quickly and using diagnosis of pneumonia without checking for coronavirus to make the numbers seem less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
watching some themed movies starting with contagion

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
FOMITES

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

RandomBlue posted:

https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1221236638325436417

More dead than cured is pretty loving scary and makes me think we don't have good fatality rates yet.

gently caress these aren't even the real numbers they're just the 'official' ones which are no doubt wrong

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
hahaha if its not contained we are so hosed its probably not going to be contained

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MorrisBae posted:

This sounds like a nothingburger

they just left out the last part where you die

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
yes all the women will die first

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

So the guy who came to Seattle with the coronovirus arrived on the 15th, was diagnosed on the 20th, infected people are asymptomatic for about 2 weeks, so if it's spread there should be some new cases in the next few days. God drat I'm glad I'm not working retail, poo poo is going to get nuts.

and those people could have spread it all over the loving place. Dang I live near Seattle. I also read that there some potential cases at the UW too.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
just so everyone knows if i get corona virus im coughing on deliveries for olds, cops and trump supporters

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Man the potential if the hong kong modeling is correct of having 44000 presymptomatic cases on the 25th is pretty insane, couple that with doubling every six days that means by friday we'll probably have almost 100,000 cases, that means by the 24th of next month there will be more than a million people infected with the wuhan and we'll be moving toward more than 30,000 deaths.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i didnt and im not sure i want to. I wish they'd done some modeling travel since december 1st and given us an idea of how many pre-symptomatic people might be in other countries. I imagine there was a lot of traveling over the last month and a half with all the holidays.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The thing thats bothering me right now is that according to the DNA scientists this thing started its spread as early as October and testing kits are apparently not really widely available anywhere, if thats the case, what are the chances that people are being sent home with "just" the flu or pneumonia even in countries outside of China

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
it probably good

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
horny is encouraged for wuhan virus

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
quick someone buy me a plane ticket

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
welp i woke up with a terrible cough a headache and a throatache im dead

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/manyapan/status/1221797345144328192

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sing Along posted:

three more germans infected, all at the same company as the first

last night the big denial going around on OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES was that there had been no human to human transmission outside of wuhan so no worries guys

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
can confirm i woke up dead this morning

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
have they stopped updated the number of 'cured' patients it wasn't in the update from yesterday

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
maybe they have it contained and want to show the world how good htey were at containing it

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/coronavirus-outbreak-thai-woman-dies-corona-like-symptoms-in-bengal-hospital-1640781-2020-01-28

its happening?

quote:

32-year-old Thailand national, suspected to be suffering from Coronavirus, died in a private hospital in Kolkata on Monday.

Hospital sources said that the woman was admitted to the hospital at 11 pm on January 21 and transferred to the ICU with stomach problem, nausea and fever.

She left Thailand in late November and also visited Nepal before coming to India.

"From January 18 she started having stomach problem, nausea and fever. As her condition deteriorated, she came to the hospital emergency 11 pm on January 21 and was admitted to the ICU," said sources.

The Thai consulate general here has been informed.

The West Bengal health department officials have sought all test reports of the deceased.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 29, 2020

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bip Roberts posted:

The illness in india is notable because they're as dense as china but without the totalitarian government will for control that is the best hope for allowing this to burn out.

and because she was never in china

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the whole re-routing the evacuees plane to a military base thing is some ominous movie poo poo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

hosed up stuff is happening:

yeah this is really hosed up how bad does it have to be before you start doing poo poo like this or is it panic

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
gosh i hope that dude saying it is going to peak soon is right, but the news story was only like one paragraph with no other info so im skeptical

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chuka Umana posted:

Remember that your guys constant cheering for the apocalypse is breeding anti-Chinese sentiment.

no thats called racism

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i think the guy claiming concern trolling is in fact concern trolling

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
guys we cant stop travel and close borders wont you think of number

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
seems normal

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol we
re all going to die
gbs invading cspam spreading corona

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im drinking bleach

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
not to get too tinfoily but have any RACISTS gotten the wu yet?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so they said that the test for coronavirus is super unreliable and a patient that tested positive or negative one day might be the opposite the day after? good job on those tests cdc good job

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
aaaa aaa aa

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i remember the old days(like two years ago) when people were like theres no way its as bad as those CHINESE doctors are saying they dont know anything

and now its like, yea you can spread for like two weeks asymptomatic and the test for it doesnt even work except on a good day

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXaH9MlzazM

filling buses with body bags? seems normal. CW dead/dying people I guess.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
this guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzmbiUyu7eo
is livestreaming an attempt to flee china or something and he speaks english so it might be a fun watch

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

looks like he's just hanging out in his room?

He's leaving now! very exciting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol they wont let him leave because his temp is too high