Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi

RandomBlue posted:

Neither BNO News tracker or Johns Hopkins show any deaths outside mainland China.

Not sure about BNO but the Johns Hopkins tool only updates once or twice a day. It hasn’t been updated since 11am est today, but I expect it to get another in about a half an hour. I think it’s only updating with the official Chinese reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi
Ahh time to unwind after a stressful week of work with some video games, take my mind off of the likely out of control coronavirus...

Marlow fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 1, 2020

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi

vyst posted:

bat rear end is a delicacy.

There’s the thread title right there.

How long until people in the west start taking this seriously? I’m afraid that they won’t worry about it until there’s a dead American or two.

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi
https://twitter.com/yonhapnews/status/1231127106362298368?s=21

South Korea now has 433 confirmed cases and 2 deaths only three days after a cluster was discovered in Daegu. I feel like this is the first really accurate and timely information we’ve gotten about how COVID works in a general population.* SK has a free(ish) press and a good health care system so we’ll likely continue to see quick reporting on the outbreak. Unfortunately it appears COVID can spread to a lot of people relatively quickly, and it causes 1 in 5 to need hospitalization. If I’m correct, we’re in for a rough one.

* (as opposed to a weird circumstance like a cruise ship).

Edit: clarity

Marlow fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 22, 2020

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi
I love how trump comes out once a week and instead of calling on all Americans to give the middle finger to the ground in a show of solidarity against bats and also here’s the mypillow guy to give me a rose garden rimmer, he’s in the slump between his diabetic fugue state and his artisanal Florida shake-meth high so he comes off as serious. Everyone’s like ‘ohhh he’s changed his tone’

No, goldfishbrain, he’s coding after his 14th morning shamrock shake and he’s too bored to make something up before he gets his Hiesenburg.