Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Thug Lessons posted:

Usually because the Chinese version of Dr. Oz tells them it cures cancer.
how dare you this is state department propaganda do you work for the state department???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

succ posted:

The U.S. government is lying about cases in the United States. Once the annual tradition of worshipping the sports ball begins and citizens begin to make their pilgrimage to their sacred temples and places of worship, we will see unprecedented cases of Fish Flu spread like butter across the Midwest and South.

We are seriously hosed. This is going to be like the Black Plague.
lol

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Ill Peripheral posted:

I trust that this will be an apocalyptic pandemic based on CSPAM's record of being right on Hillary 2016, Elob Musk, the economy, war in Iran, Catalan Independence, war b/w India and Pakistan and idk like anything else
if you inversed cspam's hysterical catastrophizing and bought tesla at $190 youd have nearly tripled your money lol

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

gh0stpinballa posted:

what did they predict about elon musk
that both him and tesla were on the cusp of bankruptcy

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

I keep thinking about that 2 week incubation period while looking at this gif.

First-degree cases all over China began exploding right about 2 weeks after the original reported cases. About a week or so now is when we should start seeing second-degree cases becoming symptomatic across the world.

That gif is also slightly out of date given we have reports from Canada, Spain, and Russia today.
skull dot gif how extensive is your background in epidemiology

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i am an autodidact expert on both virusology and orientalology

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i am both a schizophrenic and a haruspex and i can tell you definitively that this virus that only kills the immunocompromised will be the end of human civilization

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah for the record I don't think this will lead to Black Death, 97% of us will be just fine. I'm just having fun with it, because, like, A R0 OF FIVE POINT FORTY SEVEN HOLY LMAO

Also this has the chance to trigger the economic crash we've been posting about for years in the Doomsday Economics thread. China basically shutting down for an entire month is going to have loads of knock-on effects lol and might finally lead to all the other precarious structures crumbling down. Or it might not!
sounds like you have no loving idea what youre talking about lol

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
the S&P 500 is gonna dip like .5% tomorrow and people will start posting about how the worker's revolt is 100% nigh

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

• Airborne
  • Object-persistent for 24 hours
  • 14 day incubation period
  • Infectious during incubation
  • Early symptoms are mild and extremely easily mistaken for a weak cold or flu

All this is missing is one single mutation to make it deadly, like encephalitis or something idk lmao

I'm actually sincerely starting to wonder, in a non-joking way unlike last night, whether this is actually an escaped bioweapon. How do you make something more perfect than this? All you'd need to do is just release this and let nature do the rest of the work to mutate it, and, uhh...
lmao

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
Holy. loving. poo poo. the economy is going to implode tomorrow. I am not only a virusologist and a chinaologist expert but i am now a financial advisor. Liquidate your 401k. poo poo in your own pants. The MAJOR ECONOMIC COLLAPSE we have long predicted in the doomsday economic thread will be precipitated by knock on effects from the filthy Chinese. long have i foreseen such a doom, and been mocked. but no more!

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
oh no a scary graph

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

dumb lowly cspam poster: wow this disease sure is spreading quickly... seems bad

smart big brain cc: haha dumb cspam always wrong. nice "scary graph" nerds!
you're right I shouldn't ridicule a forum, such as this one, which is filled with epidemiologists and virologists and attending physicians, as opposed to NEETs with developmental disorders

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
shout outs to the thread title

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

TraderStav posted:

If you can manage to tie the guards hands behind his back he can't yell for help.
lol

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

uber_stoat posted:

which political leader dies first? let's get a death pool going.
khomeni

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
lmao

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

cash crab posted:

lmao i had the john hopkins map open on my laptop and my boyfriend came over and was like, "ooh, you're winning, good job"

he thought i was playing plague inc.

lmao
lmao

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Roughly half of all Chinese men are smokers.
good lord

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
ive fired a rife like twice.

i really want to get good at shooting but ammo is so expensive

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
if you want to actually be good at shooting woudlnt it make sense to practice while youre totally out of breath

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Is being a fatass a dangerous condition for coronavirus
no dude keep stuffing your face

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
isnt south korea full of alcoholic boomers

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

please pay no mind to the poster with a jin air avatar singing SK's praises
anyounghaseo kamsahamida

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Virtual Russian posted:

Y'all going full prepper...
ive got 7 pounds of lentils and 2 million rounds of 7.62. do u not?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
cumin is real good

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i would suggest turmeric as well

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
you probably shouldnt be stuffing your face with processed meat and sodium as a general rule but wha tthe gently caress do i know

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

snoo posted:

I'm supposed to COOK the beans????
lmao

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

snoo posted:

for real I've been cooking poo poo like this the last week and I just wish I had more of my favorite kimchi in this trying time

those are good looking eggs.

also kimchi is good as hell

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge4vghXQTtQ

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
alright boys show me your best chenna masala

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
dont shoot the geese

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
number is going to go off of a cliff tomorrow lol

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
who will be the first famous boomer to die

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

not putting the super spreader tag on people who may very likely be infected is dereliction of duty

it's ok they can keep cooking the books like they have been for the last 12 years
just keep cutting interest rates!

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
your time has come

boomer scum

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
number go down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU